The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a beautiful view! I love sunrises! I miss the beach! Maybe this summer we will be able to go on a vacation! Fingers crossed!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Taking Darwin, our adopted Russian Blue, for a ten minute walk in his Cat Holster and leash has made a huge difference in his personality. He's much happier and more social now. He sniffs the whole back yard, probably to see what's happened overnight. He found a lateral branch of the old fig tree that's about 18" off the ground. He's considering trying to climb it but hasn't worked up the courage yet.

He used to sit on his portly rump and scratch endlessly on the patio door glass while howling loudly enough to put a fire truck to shame. We got him when he was six months old, so we don't know if someone left the little guy outside or not. He's stopped howling, but as soon as his cat eyes perceive the faintest glimmer of morning light, he goes straight to his daddy and starts saying his sound for a walk, and he won't take no for an answer. He has a voice like fingernails on a blackboard, so he usually wins.

He's been walking for about two months now. I don't know what we'll do if we have a cold snap. He's a bit over seven years old now and is strictly an inside cat. His body isn't geared for cold, even with his fur. We found out very quickly that he doesn't like wet grass or puddles. He gets highly piqued if it's raining and he can't go out. We thought of taking him out in the rain to teach him that he won't like it, but with our luck he'll love it.

Such a simple thing to us and a big thing to him.

dhammagirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In central PA it's the time for my three cats to gather in the room with the woodstove and stay warm.
We call it getting "coma-toasty", 'cause we can bury our faces in their warm fur as they nap. Aahhh

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
So do the suggestions for where the money goes go here?
You can private message Anne Anne with suggestions. :)

We help out the elderly woman across the street occasionally by clearing her driveway, etc. She came over with a sweet bread and a poinsettia yesterday as a small thank you. :)

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm greatly blessed to be as old as I am, and both of my parents are still living and in pretty good shape -- all things considered. :)

I'm a member of the most awesome online community ever! TCS and all of the wonderful members totally rock! :cheerleader:

Before when we had a sick pet, we just trusted the vet to tell us what to do. Thanks to y'all, we've learned how to be a better advocate for our kitties, and have a better idea of what questions to ask, what other options may be available to us, etc.

And I ate some thin mint cookies for breakfast. You just can't have a bad day when it starts out with chocolate. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We need to kick it in gear! With 770 posts we have almost 8.00? Maybe post here after every other post? Let's make a lot!
It's ten cents per posts so $77 which is not nearly as high as I had hoped for. I have the advertising budget for it and was hoping to spend it here and not on a social media campaign. Please share more from our tweets, pins and Facebook posts! Then return here and post a link to the share. It only takes a minute and 100 members do that twice a day, that's another $20 a day and several hundreds of dollars by the end of the fundraiser! No need to be super creative - just share on Facebook, copy the link and paste it here in a post and voila!

We have some really cute posts to share lately too, if I may say so myself :biggrin: Let me share a few here -

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love that my new cat, Ashton, following me EVERYWHERE. It doesn't matter what she's doing or where she is, if I'm outside of her vision for one second, she'll suddenly and silently appear right beside me in the next second, like an apparition.

I'm in the entryway hanging my coat; I look down and she's sitting right in front my feet. I'm in the kitchen putting away some dishes; I look down and she's right beside me grooming herself. I'm in the bathroom getting ready in the morning, and she sits on the counter looking at me through the mirror.

She brings me a lot of joy every day.

liathum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love this site and I love cats, I honestly can't think of anything more positive other than...

When Squeaker adopted us (she literally showed up and never left, weirdest stray ever) we didn't know that not long after we'd end up with a total of nine (yes, nine) cats. You see, little Squeaker was pregnant and while I had experience with dogs I'd never done much with cats before since I'd always had all mine spayed or neutered. But here was Squeaker with belly full of impending kitten doom and I honestly couldn't be happier. You guys were instrumental in calming my anxiety over the birth and when it happened and we had four adorable little brats, this site and the articles kept me sane.

Now, on to the fun stuff--Sushi. Sushi is perhaps my favorite kitten ever. She's always been the biggest weirdo and my biggest worry. When she was born (she was first) she was a full 20-30g lighter than her brothers, and I weighed her multiple times a day just to make sure she was gaining weight. Her brothers weights skyrocketed and had fairly even gains but she always seemed to lag behind them. Not just in weight, but developmentally too. She was the last to open her eyes, the last to make noise, the last to crawl or walk. There was even a point where we worried about taking her to the vet because she wasn't using her back legs as much as the others were. But all that worry was for nothing as it turns out she's quite all right. Well, for the most part. She's quite odd.

You see, for two months her favorite game was to run to the top of the stairs and roll off each stair until she made her way to the bottom where she'd run up and do it again. She loves rolling around and falls off *everything*. She's not the most graceful kitty.

My other brats will sit and pose for pictures. Crouton, in particular, loves when I take photos of him. He will sit straight up and tilt his head sideways and stare right at the camera. The other two will mimic him but Sushi? Sushi won't even try. The moment she notices me noticing her she runs away and rolls over.

I love my kitties, all nine of them, and honestly I can't think of anything more positive than these four little noodles.

Attachments

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cub and Belle Cub and Belle that beauty looks just like one of my fosters! Just adorable! She's laying on my clean clothes taking a bath.

Catniss is cuddled up in my arm like a real baby on her back... she's adorably strange!

Status
Not open for further replies.