Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
New Years resolution: stop being a procrastinator
woop woop, you ROCK, GO maggiedemi!!

My positive, that it is a very quiet morning so far, no wind, no activity yet regarding some errands and such, and I have a sleeping cat as opposed to a yelling cat after he decided I was right (for a change LOL) that it really IS too cold to go outside (at 19 degrees F) :coolcat: :winkcat: :lovecat2:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes the whirlwind!!:runaround: My DD is good about her school work and will often sit down to start math or cursive/handwriting first thing is the morning before I even wake up. DS? Tuesday was a mess!! We are definitely feeling the holiday craziness!! The pawsitive? Tonight they are going to Grandmas for an overnight and baking gingerbread cookies!! DH and I will likely celebrate by going to bed early after eating dinner on the couch.

Before that I'm going shopping for baking ingredients. :anticipation:

@maggiedemi I probably could have convinced him to do just about anything back when we were newlyweds. ;) We have been married for 15 years and together for 17; I know my limits with him. :lol: But it IS cute and romantic!

Some friends of ours sent a card with pictures they had done in Holiday pjs. Well; the wife and their 2 little kids are in matching pjs (adorable too!). Dad is in jeans and a polo holding a framed sign that said something like "I love my family but I draw the line at matching pjs." :flail: I've known him since I was 13 and I'm a little surprised he wouldn't wear them. But that is my favorite card this year! Maybe next year I'll get us all in matching ones.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@artiemom SO glad to hear that! Please give Geoffrey some snorgles from me if he'll let you.
@maggiedemi Oh yeah, on all. I miss those friends who have fallen off. I wish they would come back. I've told them so. Now it's up to them. TCS is not the same without them.
And all you PJ people out there, YEAH! I usually get mine on sale at Old Navy after your holidays, because I don't celebrate them so it's no matter to me when I get my own "presents"! I now have two flannel sets, long-sleeved -- one is a LOUD orange and green plaid, and the other is a very soft white with black snowflakes and red piping/tie. They're wonderfully soft and warm. I've gotten some really cute pink ones with multicolored cats from TheAnimalRescueSite several years back. And I've bought flannel lounge pants/PJ bottoms, designed for men but who cares? from Walgreens. I invested in a set of really find flannel sheets from LandsEnd quite awhile ago, and always use them in cool weather. They're really thick and soft and warm. Along with three cats at night, they keep me quite warm, which is PAWSitive because I get quite cold.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --You have a Favorite People List too? Lately people have fallen off the list, but the Pawsitive: there is room for new friends & there's always the chance that former Favorites can make it back on the list if they reform. :thumbsup:
It's me, isn't it? ;) I'm not posting enough.

At least I can pretend I was among someone's favorites for a time. :coolcat:

I have these danskin pajamas I got from Burlington. They're so soft and my current favorites. No matching ones...yet. We'll see what happens in the future.

I've been having a super easy day at school with several students out. With our big show tomorrow, which I know will be a long day, I'm glad for the break. Also, someone replenished the spoons in the teacher's lounge. There's only been sporks lately, which did not work with my carrot soup yesterday. So yay for spoons!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's me, isn't it? ;) I'm not posting enough.

At least I can pretend I was among someone's favorites for a time. :coolcat:

I have these danskin pajamas I got from Burlington. They're so soft and my current favorites. No matching ones...yet. We'll see what happens in the future.

I've been having a super easy day at school with several students out. With our big show tomorrow, which I know will be a long day, I'm glad for the break. Also, someone replenished the spoons in the teacher's lounge. There's only been sporks lately, which did not work with my carrot soup yesterday. So yay for spoons!
Hey, Lari Lari , my cousin always said, "If the fu..." --never mind. He's not my favorite cousin anyway.:disappointed: No pretending necessary, btw! *Black & White Cat Lovers' Club, Lifetime Memberships* :lolup:
IMG_2939.JPG
*Baby Su, in the times when the WHOLE house was her domain!* :hearthrob:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom --You're right, I need to stop saying "next week" about my workout. I do that with everything in life. New Years resolution: stop being a procrastinator! ;)
That was my resolution this past year, but I've been putting it off...

Megapawsitive of the day...THERE'S A PECAN PIE IN MY KITCHEN!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My PAWSitive is that I got my tree up and decorated today, and so far, the cats have ignored it! We’ll see how long that lasts. :) For the past 30 years or so, every ornament on the tree has been some kind of creature—flying, crawling, swimming, walking, scuttling, darting, gliding, slithering, etc. I’ve gotten them on business trips, on vacations, on my honeymoon and as presents from family and friends, and each one brings back wonderful memories as I unwrap it. And of course, everything unbreakable and kitty-safe goes low and delicates and enticing creatures with feathers go high. The flock of cardinals always goes at the top. Beneath the tree are childhood stuffed animals and new critters from places like the World Wildlife Fund. It’s my favorite annual trip down memory lane, a super PAWSitive!

543345F1-DA6E-40CA-B5D0-ED207FFFC78E.jpeg

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I snagged another box from work for the cats :D It's a bulk popcorn box. I plan to tape the top of the box closed and punch out the side dispenser opening so the cats can use the box as a cave.

And I survived my first work holiday party:yess: I never went to the ones at the last job, both the company party and the department party, because I heard stories from people who did attend about others getting drunk and all the groping that went on :eek2: I had no choice to not attend today's party because there was a company meeting beforehand:rolleyes: I stayed about an hour before leaving. It was getting too crowded and loud as people's wives / husbands / partners and kids arrived.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My PAWSitive is that I got my tree up and decorated today, and so far, the cats have ignored it! We’ll see how long that lasts. :) For the past 30 years or so, every ornament on the tree has been some kind of creature—flying, crawling, swimming, walking, scuttling, darting, gliding, slithering, etc. I’ve gotten them on business trips, on vacations, on my honeymoon and as presents from family and friends, and each one brings back wonderful memories as I unwrap it. And of course, everything unbreakable and kitty-safe goes low and delicates and enticing creatures with feathers go high. The flock of cardinals always go at the top. Beneath the tree are childhood stuffed animals and new critters from places like the World Wildlife Fund. It’s my favorite annual trip down memory lane, a super PAWSitive!

View attachment 266203
WOW, Tobermory Tobermory , that is the most beautiful tree in the most beautiful room! My mom was from Illinois, and the state bird is the cardinal or redbird, as she always called them. I have one like yours, that belonged to her. He's on a silk flower arrangement that was hers, on top of one of her china cabinets. I always love seeing these! and all those great animals...if there was a prize for the best tree, yours would get my vote!
002.JPG

LTS3 LTS3 Great about the BOX!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, Lari Lari , my cousin always said, "If the fu..." --never mind. He's not my favorite cousin anyway.:disappointed: No pretending necessary, btw! *Black & White Cat Lovers' Club, Lifetime Memberships* :lolup:
View attachment 266173*Baby Su, in the times when the WHOLE house was her domain!* :hearthrob:
Well, I mean, calicos hold the dearest place in my heart, but black and whites can be pretty cool, too. Considering Sparkle is more of a lap cat than Lelia.

Tobermory Tobermory - what a lovely tree!

I made a salad, did zumba and finished laundry. I'd say today was productive, and I'm looking forward to heading to bed once feeding the kitties is taken care of.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you, tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and Lari Lari . It’s been fun collecting all of the creatures over the years. There are, of course, lots of cat ornaments!

What a lovely arrangement, tarasgirl06! Gorgeous bird. My mom was from Illinois, too, and I grew up in Ohio where the cardinal is also the state bird. I wish we had them in Oregon.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We've figured out the easiest way to worm four hyperactive black kittens running in all directions without giving one a double dose and missing another kitten's - smear a bit of cream on top of each one's head after giving her/him a dose of worming paste. :lol: It's much quicker than sticking whoever is "finished" in a carrier.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
A pawsitive is the sunrise this morning looks to be a gorgeous one.

20181214_063316.jpg

I love the cherry tree thats to the left. And the colors are really pretty. It's been cold here in NH the past 2 weeks. This morning it was a balmy 27°F.

Yesterday morning I walked to my friend's house to ride into work with her and it was 7°F! It was so cold my nose was instantly cold! I really dislike it that cold. Last night there wasn't a fuzzy cat on me that I could remember...but I tend to sleep like a log so it's possible she spent some time on me then left to go sleep under our bed..thats her morning thing. Sleeping underneath the bed.

Here she is last night sleeping on Jons couch/bed. Thats her blanket I bought for her at JCPennys last year at Christmas time. I've got to get another one. It's really warm and thin enough that I won't sweat to death.
20181213_205430.jpg

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I hate when my alarm goes off & Luciano is sleeping on the back of my thighs (I sleep on my stomach). This morning I managed to turn it off without waking him, but then I had to get out of bed. The pawsitive is I'm working from home today, so if the rain holds off we can have a rooftop lunchtime romp.

I wonder if he will ever sleep on my back? He never goes past my legs.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kind of excited for today. I'm working from home which I always love. But I get to get off early today and also have our company's holiday party to attend. It'll be the first time I'm dressing up since I'm working from home. Normally I just go downstairs from my cube in my jeans and just attend the party. Also my bf bought me milk tea last night and I'll be drinking it today! Yum.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
A pawsitive is we had pizza party for lunch. We made our safety goals at work and I jokenly said don't forget my Ceasar salad and would you know they got me a salad!:yess: i just love this salad and the pizza was really good. If we can meet these goals every month then they will buy us lunch. I'm on board with this. They had meat pie pizza with homemade meatballs. :yummy: That was really good. And some kind of spinach and veggie pizza...I'm stuffed!

Status
Not open for further replies.