The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
R raysmyheart Oh boy, I wouldn't want to have that out with Taz around.

Not only does he love shredding paper he is a birder where Zoe loves her chipmunks. That is such a great piece it would look lovely as an enlarged print.

Something back at you. Do you think my cats would actually care what this pillow case says? I hardly doubt it eh:)

View attachment 253724
My sister in-law bought it for me.
Shane Kent Shane Kent , Taz seems to indeed have all filing of papers under control, this has to be one of the most adorable kitty photos I have ever seen.:redheartpump:

I know what you mean about kitties who enjoy shredding paper, my Rachel used to help with my paperwork, too. There was one time I left my birth certificate on the table to take for copying the next day. Well, Rachel decided to get right to work whilst I slept and precisely shredded one corner of the document where the official stamp lay. Needless to say, I requested a whole new document.:)

I do think your Cats would give the awesome pillowcase paws up!

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine that is really a wonderful video of the waltzing Cats, very nicely put together!

-
20171012_164148-1 (2).jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
the kittens are beautiful and they look very friendly and sweet!
They were very friendly. I have a feeling they'll all be adopted pretty quickly.

Demi was terrified, so I tried to comfort him, and he knifed me in the throat
OMG are you alright?! I still have the scars from the time I tried to pick up The Mu and "rescue" her from another cat. That's how I learnt all about redirected aggression.

Beautiful little kitties. I Google'd Ottawa Cat Cafe and there is one here now. It opened May of 2017. They call it a Feline Cafe. I visited their website and they have cat merchandise. They have a cat pin that says CAT DAD with a heart on it. I will be stopping in there for a tea some time soon because I really want to get my hands on that pin. It practically has my name on i
That sounds like a great place to visit. Take lots of pictures.

that cafe is really awesome. We don't have those anywhere nearby, but with 9 of our own and a populous of semi-tame barn cats...and a stream of people in and out all day...I'm thinking if I just served coffee I could open one of my own.
I can get that Cat Cafe feeling at home too, but mine aren't that good with other people. Little Boy loves company and Forest Cat and Sophie will stay home to be admired, but the rest of them bolt for the bottom of their enclosure whenever anyone comes round.

Hope you've recovered from your heart attack now.

My positive is that today is Forest Cat's 4th Gotcha day.

:celebrate:

Poor skinny thing when I first found him. You can't really tell because of his fur, but he only weighed 5 lbs and you could feel every bone.

ForestCat2.jpg

After plenty of food and love.
ForestCat81.jpg

So :eviltongue: to whoever dumped him. He's mine now.

:bliss:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan --Oh I'm fine, I heal fast. Except for when Demi sliced the palm of my hand open when I wouldn't let him make friends with a raccoon. I couldn't use my hand for 2 weeks. Happy gotcha day to fancy Forest Cat!

R raysmyheart --Thanks, I never heard that John Lennon album of covers, I'll check it out. :)

@neely --I have to admit that's the only Harry Chapin song I know. I'll have to check out more, thanks for the idea.

Shane Kent Shane Kent --Thanks for sharing the video. I like the ending when Rusty (I think?) flops over. Cute pillowcase, I like it.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --I just remembered one of my favorite Shakespeare stories, Merchant of Venice. The movie was great too.

Bonus positive:
Old Time Rock & Roll by Bob Seger

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that today is Forest Cat's 4th Gotcha day.

:celebrate:
Norachan Norachan - Don't for get to add my your big fellow here:

♥ The ♥ Birthday ♥ Thread ♥

After plenty of food and love.
upload_2018-9-21_13-11-41.jpeg

I should say so. Especially the food part.

;)

So :eviltongue: to whoever dumped him. He's mine now.

:bliss:

You just kept him, didn't you? At least when I find a kitty, I put up signs all over the neighbourhood - on trees, buildings - even telephone poles!

mirosign.jpg

"Severe" thunderstorms and high winds predicted here for this evening, but the radar doesn't agree with that. Fingers crossed that the radar is right!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird -- When is a film as true as possible to the book? Well, according to its author, THIS one was. And if you haven't seen it in awhile, you owe it to yourself to revisit it. Without any doubt, THE Great American Novel, a little book so full of power and truth about this society that it resonates to this day:
R raysmyheart -- wonderful card! I have a couple from that era, too, that are what I'd call family heirlooms. One was sent to me by my mom's biological father, whom I never met but with whom I corresponded for a few years. That one's a real treasure, for that reason.
Shane Kent Shane Kent I love the video! and do hope you post it as suggested. I didn't make videos of my feral kitten, but as you all can see, she's quite a beauty and we are very bonded. Baby Su is the quintessential feral cat, very lovely, graceful, strong, fierce, and loving.
And Norachan Norachan and Forest Cat -- happy, happy Gotcha Day AnniPURRsary! :lovecat:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird -- When is a film as true as possible to the book? Well, according to its author, THIS one was. And if you haven't seen it in awhile, you owe it to yourself to revisit it. Without any doubt, THE Great American Novel, a little book so full of power and truth about this society that it resonates to this day:
@tarasgirl - I think this holds true for William Goldman's The Princess Bride as well. As difficult as it much have been to translate the novel to the big screen, they did a masterful job.

Baby Su is the quintessential feral cat, very lovely, graceful, strong, fierce, and loving.
They're never "tame," though. Former ferals do everything as they once did - with undiluted ferocity - and chief among those things is Loving, for they Love with Hearts which are absolutely fearless - as no Human ever will.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan Happy 4th to Forest Cat. And I would say lucky cat when you first found him and poor kitty before that point. I feel that way about Kitty and Rusty. Very fortunate the subhuman that dumped their mother dumped her where they did. Just wish I had caught their mother with them. I guess the subhuman also inadvertently introduced me to this site which is by far my favorite place on the Internet.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I did post to the thread as requested by my dear friend that started it. It is a great thread. I managed to read through half of it earlier today and will finish the rest of it later.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent -- out of tragedy can come something PAWSitive, we know! Or as the great Bob Marley said, "When one door is closed/another is opened"
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I tried watching that film and couldn't. I've never read the book, though.
And as for ferals, yes yes YES. Those who truly love cats appreciate what Jackson Galaxy refers to as "the raw cat" which is the essence of feral felinity. Baby Su bites hard, with great ferocity! and I don't mind it a bit, because it's part of who she is. It's usually her telling me she's overstimulated, and she's usually let me know beforehand, loud and clear, by bristling the base of her tail. When I see that, it's the signal to stop. If I don't, then I absolutely deserve what I get. (It's just that she's so irresistible and I love her so much.)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I did post to the thread as requested by my dear friend that started it. It is a great thread. I managed to read through half of it earlier today and will finish the rest of it later.
Shane Kent Shane Kent - Just saw your post, dear Friend; thanks for sharing an inspiring tale of former ferarls now safe within the Heart of a real Forever Home.

Special shout-out to Jcatbird Jcatbird who told one of her many feral cat tails tales last night as well.

For anyone who doesn't keep up with the thread, it will always put a smile on your face:

Fervour For Ferals.

Extra special shout-out to Norachan Norachan - I forgot to wish Forest Cat a very happy fourth Gotcha Day!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't seen a hummingbird all day, which isn't to say that the larger one of my two regular visitors might still be here, but the overnight temps in the mountains are dropping a lot, and next week here will see at least one day with a daytime high of 65 F. I'll keep the feeder up for several more weeks to help any late passersby from further north.

To my feathered sweeties, may you have a swift safe journey and may you find all the flowers you need, sparkly clean feeders with fresh clear sugar water, and lots of those little insects you like. And may I see you next spring and may we have another no-wasp season of your amazing lives zipping and zooming around my yard. I promise I'll try and have even more of the flowers you like. :bouquet:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You just kept him, didn't you? At least when I find a kitty, I put up signs all over the neighbourhood - on trees, buildings - even telephone poles!
No! I put poster up in our local village hall and the prefecture Lost Pets department. I put one up in our vets waiting room and even in the vets office two villages over. Of course I was delighted when no one called to claim him, but who wouldn't have been?

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Beautiful piece of music. I've never seen the movie, but the book is a favourite of mine.

Shane Kent Shane Kent I'm glad those two kitties were found by you. I hope the mother is doing well, wherever she is. I've had kittens dumped outside my house a few times. I always mutter darkly to myself about it, but I'm secretly quite happy they found their way to me.

(Maybe I should put a sign on the front door. Kitten Dumpers, Please Knock For Attention.)

;)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No! I put poster up in our local village hall and the prefecture Lost Pets department. I put one up in our vets waiting room and even in the vets office two villages over. Of course I was delighted when no one called to claim him, but who wouldn't have been?
Norachan Norachan - Looking at the photograph again, he looks exactly like a cat I lost four years ago while I was... uhhhh... walking around Mount Fuji. Yeah... yeah... that's it! I was walking around Mount Fuji and my cat escaped. Fluffy! Is that really you?

;)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Thanks for the weather report. I got my shower taken and pajamas on in case the power goes out. It sounds terrible out there. :eek2:

Shane Kent Shane Kent --I just read your story on the feral thread, thanks for sharing, love the photos. Nice cookie jar! Stay safe over there in Canada.

Jcatbird Jcatbird --You too, thanks for sharing your story on the feral thread. I don't know how those so-called humans could pour ammonia on cats, that's just evil.

My positive is that I'm all cozy in my pajamas waiting out this storm with my furkids, and I still have power so I can talk to you lovely people. :)

Bonus positive: Here's a great duet
Leather and Lace by Stevie Nicks & Don Henley

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive, besides the obvious of all the sweet people here and kitty stories, is all the great feral rescue stories I read on the thread that 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine pointed out to me. I am so glad that people are learning that feral does not exclude a cat from a loving home. That is a very positive lesson for everyone.
M maggiedemi a positive for you is that Thrasher is happy, has learned to purr and plays like a kitten! Shane Kent Shane Kent I love the kitty holding flowers! It makes me think of the kitty I just recently brought in with her kittens. Her name is Flowers. Kitties and flowers just go well together in my mind since my cats love to play in my flower beds.:bluecat: :bouquet:
I hope all the storms leave nothing but new flowers behind.
Another really wonderful positive is that one of our TCS members will be able to return home soon. She just found out that her home survived hurricane Florence. I hope we hear more stories like that.

Attachments

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Power is out here but I got power packs with LED lights and Karen and all four kids are safe. No home wifi but got cellular data. I hope nobody got hurt by the storm it was crazy.
I love that cookie jar with the dark background. It's a very dramatic shot. Is it warm enough where you are without heating? I usually turn the stoves on at the beginning of October, but this year has been freakishly hot. I'm still using my fans some days.

Looking at the photograph again, he looks exactly like a cat I lost four years ago while I was... uhhhh... walking around Mount Fuji. Yeah... yeah... that's it! I was walking around Mount Fuji and my cat escaped. Fluffy! Is that really you?
Look @segelkatt He's at it again! Can you believe the depths he would sink to just to try and steal other people's cats when he has a house full of his own? Despicable I tell you! Just despicable.

My positive is that I finished work early enough to go for a long walk before it got to dark. There are loads of little bats flitting about feasting on the last of the mosquitoes. Go little bats, eat them all!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan - On the contrary - the house isn't full at all; no such thing as too many cats. Been considering building an addition anyway.

Is it warm enough where you are without heating? I usually turn the stoves on at the beginning of October, but this year has been freakishly hot. I'm still using my fans some days.
It was 90º yesterday across New York State and southern Canada. Today? 55º right now and into the mid forties this evening. That can only mean one thing - and it arrives officially at 9:54 PM today.

Status
Not open for further replies.