The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your bee balm is a beautiful bright red one. Love the color. The variety I have is more purple. I prefer the red. The red hotbpokers are gorgeous too! They don’t do well here so I love seeing them. The Asian Bellflowers are really sweet. I bet the butterflies, bees and hummingbrids just love you for planting such great things. I love seeing them too!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Thank you! I have 3 colors-hot pink, bright red and a light purple color. the purple ones bloom in late july...although the heat we have been having has pushed them faster-they now have flower heads on them-getting ready to bloom! when those bloom I have a 10 x 20 area of buzzing bumble bees. I like to sit on the ground underneath them and read my book while listening to the noise of the bumble bees...I am weird I know :)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
M maggiedemi LOL I couldn't think of another way at that point in time, other than "sound the trumpets of joy", to put four or five exclamation points on the fact that a cat who hates pate style food actually ate some :D

As I was here on the deck, a wild male goldfinch flew up and sat on the deck rail for a moment...that whole brief experience was INTENSE. Its color is incredible and only fully appreciated at a distance of 2.5 feet, and the creature itself exudes an aura of laser focus.
But oh my oh my, that yellow color, there's NO way to describe it. It's mind boggling.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird--- Cute donut stealer pic. If you ever find that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, give me a call. :D
Furballsmom--- Ha! I thought Sound the Trumpets was the name of the cat food!
Foxxy--- Awww, it sounds like Honeybee wants a friend. :redheartpump:
Can Demi have a positive? Demi's positive for the day is he finally convinced me to go play down cellar with him. Once he saw that I was really going down with him, his tail shot straight up and he danced with joy! We climbed on the wood pile, sniffed every storage box, he showed me some nice ceramic dinner plates that I didn't know were down there, and then he played this fun game of hiding behind boxes and jumping out at me, scaring me so bad that I spilled my drink. Good times down in the dungeon. :lol:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh my gracious sakes, M maggiedemi that is the most wonderful thing, I can just visualize Demi so thoroughly enjoying everything about it!!
Good find on the dishes there, smart cat!
I simply love this!!

I have a repaired window, a cut and trimmed yard and a reasonably content cat as my positive:) --although I think I'm supposed to make it cool off so he can go outside ;)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I was here on the deck, a wild male goldfinch flew up and sat on the deck rail for a moment...that whole brief experience was INTENSE. Its color is incredible and only fully appreciated at a distance of 2.5 feet, and the creature itself exudes an aura of laser focus.
But oh my oh my, that yellow color, there's NO way to describe it. It's mind boggling.
Furballsmom Furballsmom - I feel that way about the brilliant red-orange on Red Admirable Admiral butterflies. From earlier this Spring:

redadmiral.jpg

There she is - the Butterfly Of Doom, portending the demise of Tsar Alexander II.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@ashade1 Fantastic! I hope every kitty gets a great home! You are doing such wonderful and positive work. Inspiring!

My own positive news is that my most elusive and wily kitty, Brown Thrasher, finally agreed to let me catch her! ( She was named after the bird because she often played by flipping up leaves on the ground and reminding of their behaviour as they hunt for food, as well as her coloring being mostly brown) She dodged ever attempt for three months. No type of trap worked, no hiding or disguising of traps worked, no begging , pleading, treats or tricks worked. For some reason she just decided to walk into a carrier today, voluntarily. Cats! Everything on their terms! Lol I am so happy! This is the rescue of a cat who has been a true survivor. She endured so much and is so deserving of rescue and relief. She brought a kitten with her as well. Of all the kitties I have brought in, this was the most difficult one I have worked on. It is a wonderful day here.
Also positive news, two rescue kittens went to foster care today. Although I will miss the joy and laughter they were bringing to me, they are headed for a great life. I cannot ask for better than that!
Butterflies, cat tongues, repairs done, cats who convince us to play, cat adoption days and cats rescued. A sweet life all around! Tonight I will have two less kitties to be worrying about outside. I can enjoy the sound of the rain beating down on the roof. I will have much sweeter sleep tonight! My heart is light! I wish I could share this wonderful feeling with everyone!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Kat0121 Kat0121 What a sweet and lovely face!! Love those eyes!!

Last night was a pleasant night at the lake. A state park that is fairly large. There's dozens of picnic tables and shade for those who don't like the sun beating down on them. A nice breeze blowing in from the water and good swimming. Clean soft sand and a huge area to swim in. The water was very refreshing and I stayed in for almost an hour. The sun going down was the only reason I got out and let the sun dry me off.

I want to go back this week for some more swimming.

I watered some of the garden when we got back in. Spent a good hour trying to give everything a sip. Some of the cone flowers had bent over heads from the lack of water so gave them a good long drink. Hopefully they rebound today. It's supposed to be hot again. 93. So tonight I know I will be back out there watering again. I did notice no mosquitoes were biting me last night-maybe the hot water killed them off? Those buggers hurt when they bite! A pawsitive is no bug bites in the evening coolness!

I have some more pictures that will show the lovely colors and shapes of foliage. A pawsitive!

20180709_195606.jpg

Hot poker!
20180709_194544.jpg

Orange type flower on a shrub or? Not sure wgat it's called but it's pretty
20180709_194553.jpg

Another view of this plant. The flowers don't have a scent.

At the lake. Sun is hot!
20180709_180015.jpg

A bunch of baby ducks sat under our table

20180709_175226.jpg

20180709_171643.jpg

Nice clear cool water of the lake! Clear skies as well

The view from the picnic table

20180709_171139.jpg

Lake Winnepesaquee is one of my favorite places

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 What a sweet and lovely face!! Love those eyes!!

Last night was a pleasant night at the lake. A state park that is fairly large. There's dozens of picnic tables and shade for those who don't like the sun beating down on them. A nice breeze blowing in from the water and good swimming. Clean soft sand and a huge area to swim in. The water was very refreshing and I stayed in for almost an hour. The sun going down was the only reason I got out and let the sun dry me off.

I want to go back this week for some more swimming.

I watered some of the garden when we got back in. Spent a good hour trying to give everything a sip. Some of the cone flowers had bent over heads from the lack of water so gave them a good long drink. Hopefully they rebound today. It's supposed to be hot again. 93. So tonight I know I will be back out there watering again. I did notice no mosquitoes were biting me last night-maybe the hot water killed them off? Those buggers hurt when they bite! A pawsitive is no bug bites in the evening coolness!

I have some more pictures that will show the lovely colors and shapes of foliage. A pawsitive!

View attachment 241226
Hot poker!
View attachment 241227
Orange type flower on a shrub or? Not sure wgat it's called but it's pretty
View attachment 241228
Another view of this plant. The flowers don't have a scent.

I think these tubular flowers are a type of honeysuckle. The hummingbirds should enjoy then. Some flowers are only scented at the time of day their pollinators are most active so you may miss a scent if you sniff at the wrong time of day or night. Orchids are famous for putting out their scent at odd times. Weather can full the smell as well.

At the lake. Sun is hot!
View attachment 241229

A bunch of baby ducks sat under our table

I am in love with the baby ducks. Great photo!
View attachment 241230

View attachment 241232
Nice clear cool water of the lake! Clear skies as well

Your shot of the water makes me crave the sweet coolness of a swim!

The view from the picnic table

View attachment 241233
Lake Winnepesaquee is one of my favorite places
I can see why you love this place!
Awww, Jcatbird Jcatbird the wisdom and inscrutability of cats. Wow!
And you did share that lovely feeling, just like M maggiedemi and Demi!
My positive is that I saw my nymph-ager praying mantis yesterday, as well as another new baby robin and a Hummingbird :thumbsup: :cloud9:
The kitties are wise!
I am glad the praying mantis is minding it’s manners as well as staying to visit. Funny bugs!
Baby robins! Awwwwww

I found the other two kittens that belong to Thrasher! Yay! Fed them well and will work on getting them.
Petted two feral kittens! The three come when I call. So great!
A very good start today!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 241219

Good morning!! I was waiting by the door for mom to get home from work yesterday. I'm such a good friend! :dancingblackcat:

Kat0121 Kat0121 - It's clear to me that both Sophie and Lilith would benefit from a vacation at the beach - Olcott Beach, of course. Let me send you my FedEx account number, and you can send them right up. Once they're relaxed and stress-free, and Hell has frozen solid I'll send them right back to you!

We've reached our high for the day - 85º F - and it's slipping back down into the sixties once more. A surprise rain shower early this morning left two-tenths of an inch on the ground, but things are still parched. No yard work means that it's time to light the charcoal for an early dinner!

Shane Kent Shane Kent - If you want to paddle across the lake, I've got extra ground chuck burgers already made up, stuffed with fourteen year-old River Rat Cheddar!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 - It's clear to me that both Sophie and Lilith would benefit from a vacation at the beach - Olcott Beach, of course. Let me send you my FedEx account number, and you can send them right up. Once they're relaxed and stress-free, and Hell has frozen solid I'll send them right back to you!

We've reached our high for the day - 85º F - and it's slipping back down into the sixties once more. A surprise rain shower early this morning left two-tenths of an inch on the ground, but things are still parched. No yard work means that it's time to light the charcoal for an early dinner!

Shane Kent Shane Kent - If you want to paddle across the lake, I've got extra ground chuck burgers already made up, stuffed with fourteen year-old River Rat Cheddar!
Sounds like you have a positive place there! Burgers over charcoal, 85 degree high and a paddle across the lake....... enjoy!
Here it is cooling down for the day. Grateful for that. Taking care of the kitty crew.
Positive for today is that I got a lot of work done. I also got an update on the kittens and Mom cat that left yesterday. The kittens are doing well. Cloud and Stratus will go for adoption almost immediately. Thrasher cat has gone to be spayed before I get her back to attempting socializing. ( need a lot of luck on that one lol) All very positive news. Very happy that the kittens adapted so quickly.
Lots of work accomplished today so may be able to kick back for a minute tonight! Hoping I will get time to head back to the islands soon. A little salt air is always refreshing!
In the distance is the bridge to the Islands. A place of ancient oaks and sea breezes. Ahhhhhhhh!
A8BFCEA6-E31E-4D53-AA40-86C88F3D9686.jpeg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine--- I live near where you got your 14 year old cheese! That brought up some good memories from my childhood, so that's my positive for this post. Memories of visiting the Thousand Islands as a kid and going to Boldt Castle. I have a pal on this site who wants to take a road trip some day, so maybe I will take her there. :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird Paddle across Lake Ontario is suicidal. Slightestest wind or storm I be done for. I live at the St Lawrence side @ 1cat-lover-killer just wants my beautiful cats to be 5catsover. Lol of course:cutecat:
Ha! Enlightenment is a good thing. I had not put 2 and 2 together on that but knowing where you are, I get it. That would , indeed, be quite a paddle! No go on that one! I am positive your kitties prefer you to stay home. You will just have to grill burgers there for the cats.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
S-o-o-o.....I'm guessing that cheese doesn't come presliced in clear plastic wrappers?
:flail:
Heh, couldn't resist

My positive is that I handwatered this morning and noticed a certain plant had a number of flower buds. A couple hours later, four new flowers!! I'll post pictures as soon as I can...

Status
Not open for further replies.