The loss of my little Tiger ( my Little Man)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, TIger, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

His life may have been short, but he lived, breathed and had his very being surrounded by your love. If not for you, his little life would have been much shorter, and much harder. He knew joy and hearth and home, and every day he had was filled with love. And now, in That Place Where All Things Are Known, he is healthy and filled with life. His love for you, translated and purified into Love, he sends back to walk with you down through all your days. Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. We do not lose those we love and who love us, although we miss their physical presence deeply, because their Love still abides.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The nights are indeed difficult. After my nephew was murdered and my eldest brother killed on his way by a drunk driver,.I had trouble driving the 40 miles home after my night shift - I had to listen to loud music & try hard not to cry. When I thought long and hard about Night Sky Trail with all the souls crossing over, I began to find comfort in looking at the Milky Way and nighttimes became easier - not carefree easy but definitely more tolerable. Sometimes I bundle up and go outside to look up at the sky although I hate to wake up the ferals from their cosy shelters during freezing weather (for me, cats are not aloof at all).
If you try the Holy Basil, please let us know how it works for you. I like to use lemon balm but haven't tried Holy Basil yet.
Sorry it took me so long to respond. I haven’t been to the health store to try the Holy Basil yet....silly, I know...so far during the day when I start thinking of my son and little Tiger I’m able to block it out....I can’t bear looking at their pictures..it’s still so hard to accept....I really don’t go out much and don’t go near the health store when I do...I try to keep my mind busy during the day but every night without fail I can’t block them out any longer and the crying starts. I had started going to a grief support group after my son passed but due to Covid they couldn’t meet but I think it can start again this month. It helped talking to people who have lost a loved one. As soon as I try the basil I will let you know.
stay safe

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to process grief is like trying to rope the wind. Sometimes it is like having shards of glass in your heart and if you're very still, the pain stops but the tiniest movement jiggles the glass and the pain comes surging back with a vengeance. It was good to read your post - I applaud you for starting a grief support group - you have true compassion

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Correction: I didn’t start the support group, I started attending one. In fact, before this whole Covid thing I was attending 2 support groups....they do help.

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The nights are indeed difficult. After my nephew was murdered and my eldest brother killed on his way by a drunk driver,.I had trouble driving the 40 miles home after my night shift - I had to listen to loud music & try hard not to cry. When I thought long and hard about Night Sky Trail with all the souls crossing over, I began to find comfort in looking at the Milky Way and nighttimes became easier - not carefree easy but definitely more tolerable. Sometimes I bundle up and go outside to look up at the sky although I hate to wake up the ferals from their cosy shelters during freezing weather (for me, cats are not aloof at all).
If you try the Holy Basil, please let us know how it works for you. I like to use lemon balm but haven't tried Holy Basil yet.
Looking thru some messages and realize I never got back to you about trying “Holy Basil”… I never did try it but have a friend who I met at a support group for loss of our sons and she told me she uses it but only takes it when she starts to stress out and it helps her. I had gone to one Health store a few months ago but they didn’t sell it and I haven’t looked again.
Things seem the same for me, will be 2 years next month that my son had passed and 4 months formy Tiger….still doesn’t seem real for either of them being gone. Sometimes I feel like I’m just existing now…part of me is gone forever. 😢

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When the loss is great, you ARE losing a part of yourself, there is a horrendous void that exists that is only filled by the passage of time, and filling it with the loves left in your life and new ones in the future. The loved ones gone from your life can never be replaced, but you keep their memories alive in your soul. Their love is held in that secure place in your heart, they live on through you now, along with all your treasured memories. To be mourned and loved after death is a great honor. The bond of love can never be broken, can never be taken. Their life is over, they are at peace, but yours is not. Somehow we go forward and carry their sweet love and memories with us. Eventually, you find a place in your life that will allow you to actually live again, carrying their memories and love with you to help guide you there.
May you be blessed for loving so much, my thoughts and prayers are with you.....

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When the loss is great, you ARE losing a part of yourself, there is a horrendous void that exists that is only filled by the passage of time, and filling it with the loves left in your life and new ones in the future. The loved ones gone from your life can never be replaced, but you keep their memories alive in your soul. Their love is held in that secure place in your heart, they live on through you now, along with all your treasured memories. To be mourned and loved after death is a great honor. The bond of love can never be broken, can never be taken. Their life is over, they are at peace, but yours is not. Somehow we go forward and carry their sweet love and memories with us. Eventually, you find a place in your life that will allow you to actually live again, carrying their memories and love with you to help guide you there.
May you be blessed for loving so much, my thoughts and prayers are with you.....
Thank you for your kind words…..I think having all my cats has helped. They do keep me busy, some days I don’t think I would get out of bed but they don’t allow me to do that…but I know my life has changed forever. I pray everyday for those who have lost loved ones and their beloved pets to find peace.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update. I bought Holy Basil online and it helps when I am feeling overwrought. Thank you for the prayers - I had to let my right-hand, baby boy Lance go a couple of months ago so I lost my moral support kitty. I still have lots of cats but Lance and I had a special bond.

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update. I bought Holy Basil online and it helps when I am feeling overwrought. Thank you for the prayers - I had to let my right-hand, baby boy Lance go a couple of months ago so I lost my moral support kitty. I still have lots of cats but Lance and I had a special bond.
I’m so sorry for the loss of your kitty, Lance. I feel the same about my little, Tiger, who passed away in March, he was very special to me because of the loss of my son. But, like you I have many more kitties to keep me busy (12).
gee, maybe I should give Holy Basil a try…do you take it daily or just when you’re overwhelmed?
God bless…🙏🏻

KK300

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss.
You tried everything you could possibly have done.
Thinking of you.

Sammy's mum.