The Little Things My Cat Likes About Me

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I thought I would turn this exercise around. If Juno had to answer this question, I think she would say:

I like that my human sleeps with one leg bent like a flamingo. It creates this little triangle that is the perfect size to snuggle into for a nap!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow would say that I always respect her personal space boundaries and I will always provide catnip when it is requested. Lola loves that I will let her climb in my lap for pets whenever she wants them. Both cats love having fresh clean bedding a couple times a week.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phoebe: Meowmy lets me wash her and sleep on top of her at night, and puts my cushion on the bed during the day so I can have extra softs and be higher up than Daisy, and puts the rug over her knees when she’s watching the TV so I can sleep there.

Daisy: Meowmy stays with me in the bedroom mostly and gives me lots of cuddles and pets when I want them and yarn and paper patterns to play with. (NB they aren’t for her to play with, but try telling her that …)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Yammy (aka chicken monster) would say he loves that he has us both well trained into giving him bits of chicken several hundred times a day (it seems like that anyway). Dutch would say he loves having a blanket covered lap to lay on at night while eating popcorn and watching TV. Molly would say she appreciates we don't go near her tail when petting her because of her hyperesthesia. (she would take your arm off anyway if you did!) The outside cats would say they are thankful for the nice heated huts they have in the garage to sleep in.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Too many past cats to mention but my present guy, Carleton, would say he likes that I rescued him and gave him a chance for a warm bed, food, toys and affection. :lovecat2: He especially likes sharing the sofa with me in the evening while watching tv and we both fall asleep together. Most of all he likes that I put his needs before my own.

ObeseChess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Handing the keyboard over to Sassy for this one:

Dad's a very sound sleeper, which means I get to drape across him and snooze all night with minimal interruptions. He also likes to cook and is very good about sharing his snacks with me as long as I stay out of his way in the kitchen.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a good question. I think so much about what I love about them, it's hard to think about what they love about me! Must be a few things as the younger boys are so trusting.

Nobel would say that he pet him whenever he reaches a paw out.

I think a lot about trust. When my late cat Lily was ill she became unsteady. She would walk to her cardboard scratcher, but those aren't affixed. She couldn't scratch while it moved as she wasn't steady enough. I'd come over and hold it and she had no hesitation to scratch. It was so beautiful, to be so trusted by a creature who you cannot communicate with words well to.

So I think about trust, and I suppose they likely love me because of that. When Calcifer fearlessly almost rolls off the bed during play because he knows I'll catch him (I wish he'd trust a little less 😹), or when Magnus leaps into my arms from the floor to be held in my arms for a sniff of outside.

yekrats

What a Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful World
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fresh water in the bowl. (It gets changed twice a day.) Tubbs tries to stick his face in the Bowl before it even hits the ground. He made me spill some water on the floor this morning but no worries, he daintily stepped around the puddle. Didn't want to get his toes wet. 🙄