The little things I like about my cat

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The way Daisy head-butts me when she’s overdue to have her morning Special Drink (her Osmolax dose). If I’m running late it’s because I’m in the middle of doing Mum’s medications and breakfast. Daisy’s a good girl, reminding me.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The way Daisy head-butts me when she’s overdue to have her morning Special Drink (her Osmolax dose). If I’m running late it’s because I’m in the middle of doing Mum’s medications and breakfast. Daisy’s a good girl, reminding me.
That's so much sweeter than mine, who scream in my ear if I'm 10 seconds late with their breakfast. :lol:

FrazzledMumbly

Max's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
He came to me. He didn't have to, but he's a simple critter who wanted someone who would match his affection and I was there. He lets me kiss him all over his face and tummy and snuggle him whenever I want no matter what he's up to- and nuzzles into my face to knock off my glasses so I know it's mutual. I trust him not to claw or bite at me and he trusts that whatever I'm up to is loving and non-threatening.

He's the first kitten to choose me vs me choosing them. Cats really know what's what when they feel compatibility.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The way when he is outside and lets out this strangled distressed meow like he has hurt himself and I rush out to discover this black eyed beast with twitching tail crouched down asking for a game of tag around the yard...sucks me in every time.
I am here looking for this post right this second. My cats were out in their catio a few minutes ago, and I heard minor bickering break out. Lila came running in with a puffed up tail. Goof was sleeping in his bed. I heard this gutteral yowling coming from outside, which only left Sarah, who has a mild heart murmur. I freaked and ran outside expecting to see her in distress and I see her staring hatefully at....
a bunny in the driveway.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jackpot is most attentive as he loves being around me. More often than not when I'm sitting in any chair he jumps into my lap. Or lies on top of me when I'm resting. Sits next to me on the sofa as I watch TV. He's my all around pal.

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the thing I like about my cat is that she is learning my likes and how to behave. She hasn't sat on my head meowing in the wee hours looking for food. Instead she silently sits next to me while I am (pretending) to be asleep, stares (probably thinking I am reading her thoughts) and then when she doesn't get me to wake up, she gently just touches my arm once and continues to wait. How can that not get my attention! So cute! I just hope it lasts. The next thing is to get her to do it a few hours later when it is time to wake up. But she gets off the hook because the Mirataz does make her hungry.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Daisy’s sophisticated understanding of English, as shown last night. I was doing my last row of knitting for the day. She was back and forth doing an obvious “When are you coming to bed?” routine (she always does when I’ve been out all day). I said “I’m just have to finish this row, then I’ll make your special drink and we can go to bed. Be nice if you’d go and do a poo in the meantime, that’d be really good.”

She went straight to the bathroom and did a poo, and came back eager for her Osmolax!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I took down a painting that hadn’t been moved in awhile, behind which was a hook, casting a shadow. Zorro pretended to ignore it, until curiosity overwhelmed him: he HAD to reach up to catch “the big bug on the wall.”

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the way my two hunt toy's so differently. Patches is so gentle little taps of the paw and bunny hop pounces. Too cute. Bandit well he's a all different ball game so engrossed he's faced planted into walls and door frames. And the way he grabs and kills that toy with a shake of his head. When it's dead he always looks so pleased with himself. :flail:

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
When he sleeps right next to my face all night long with the end of his tail neatly going over the bridge of my nose. Very soft & comforting to have a “nose warmer.” Will definitely put in a request for the winter.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Repeating my previous post, essentially. I was getting my mother off to bed in her adjoining unit, and told Daisy I'd be really, really happy if she'd do a poo in the meantime. Fifteen minutes later I was back to find a glorious big dump, unmistakably hers, sitting uncovered on top of the litter. After 38 hours I was very pleased to see it, and spent the next half hour giving her pets and scritches at her request.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty is my break enforcer. She has a couple times in the day between naps and meals where she’ll just cry at me to take a break and fuss her up. Today I worked through lunch (mine, not hers 😹) and at 2 pm, she started up with me. By 2:15, I had to tell my boss that I had skipped lunch and "even the cat is yelling at me to take a break." My boss knows that part of the reason I work from home is her medication schedule, and he's very supportive. He works from home too.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Betty is my break enforcer. She has a couple times in the day between naps and meals where she’ll just cry at me to take a break and fuss her up. Today I worked through lunch (mine, not hers 😹) and at 2 pm, she started up with me. By 2:15, I had to tell my boss that I had skipped lunch and "even the cat is yelling at me to take a break." My boss knows that part of the reason I work from home is her medication schedule, and he's very supportive. He works from home too.
Cats are excellent reminders to stop us from doing. Being is just as important.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are excellent reminders to stop us from doing. Being is just as important.
Her fuss requirements are quite small. I have to remind myself that when I think she’s being needy. Really ten or fifteen minutes is good enough to last her several more hours. 😻👍 And if it’s not, she’s a rare cat that doesn’t follow me to the bathroom. So that’s always a nuclear option if I think I have given her enough fuss and I need to go back to work. 😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When he sleeps right next to my face all night long with the end of his tail neatly going over the bridge of my nose. Very soft & comforting to have a “nose warmer.” Will definitely put in a request for the winter.
This is how Betty likes to sleep on me anytime I’m on my back. I’m a side sleeper though. She’s a good sport about letting me roll her over to the other side when I need to sleep.