The little things I like about my cat

FrazzledMumbly

Max's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
He's such a sweet boy I still have moments where I think he can't be real. There's naughty spells, but they're little things like jumping where he shouldn't and he doesn't get offended by being shooed off as long as he gets reassured I'm not mad- he's just uncontrollably curious like any baby should be.

* I love his pink nose and matching beans.

* The way he has an unimpressed "done" expression when his mouth is shut but looks like he has a goofy smile if I snap a photo with his mouth open.

* His fur is extra soft and glossy and he hasn't thrown a single hairball in his first seven months of life. I deeply appreciate this lack of pukes despite his sensitive tummy.

* He's so relaxed. I've never had such a laid back cat in my life, even his rare tantrums are mild and cute. I've never been scratched by him except by accident when his claws haven't been trimmed for too long (he likes to grab and lick).

emlovescats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Things that my cats do that I absolutely adore:

Stormi:
• Everytime we come back from shopping, she’s curious & likes to go into the bags we bring
• Loves boxes and tries to go inside no matter what size they are
• She loves going under the blankets and wants to go between my legs to stay warm
• Everytime someone gets up from their seat at the table, she immediately steals their spot

Chevy:
• Everytime I get up to use the restroom, she’ll also get up and loaf outside the door waiting for me to get out
• She gets excited to go to sleep and will roll over so I can give her belly rubs
• I’m her favorite person and doesn’t really let anyone else near her
• Everytime I give her a liquid treat she grabs my hand and tries to bring the treat closer to her

Perla:
• She’ll climb on everyone’s legs while we sit down in the kitchen
• She’ll sleep in the cutest positions ever!!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The way Daisy gets involved in what I do. I had a shower this morning and she plonked herself down in the doorway (door was open) to wash her belly. :lol:
"Oh, time for self care? I got this Mom!" :lol:
I love how Sarah and Lila, my two females, will snuggle up beside one another. Randomly, one will wake up and slap the other, and they both hiss and stare at one another with their heads cranked back and ears pinned. Seconds later, they're snuggled back up beside each other, sound asleep, like nothing ever happened.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Oh, time for self care? I got this Mom!" :lol:
I love how Sarah and Lila, my two females, will snuggle up beside one another. Randomly, one will wake up and slap the other, and they both hiss and stare at one another with their heads cranked back and ears pinned. Seconds later, they're snuggled back up beside each other, sound asleep, like nothing ever happened.
Daisy and Phoebe do that too, or get niggly and chase each other off the bed! :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
When he goes into this deeply meditative state, perhaps know Only to Cats. As he gets older, he look more and more regal, with the high cheekbones of a Simba. I almost sense that he is connecting with every cat that ever was, or ever will be, neverending. It is a state of peace & also, prowess. As a human, I can only hope to aspire.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty will sometimes take a dinner time poop and I don’t even notice. I mean, yeah. I’m pouring dinner from pan to plate and seeing squatted cat butt in the enclosure across the apartment. But despite its location just a few feet from the chair I eat in, I know I got plenty of time to clean that. I may as well eat my dinner first than send it all airborne again scooping and stirring the box before eating. Between her s boulardii and her Kitty Biome poop pills, her 💩 don’t stink. 😺👍 I just shine a flashlight into her litterbox enclosure whenever I pass by it. Because my nose will never tell me when she’s used it. 👃👍

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty will sometimes take a dinner time poop and I don’t even notice. I mean, yeah. I’m pouring dinner from pan to plate and seeing squatted cat butt in the enclosure across the apartment. But despite its location just a few feet from the chair I eat in, I know I got plenty of time to clean that. I may as well eat my dinner first than send it all airborne again scooping and stirring the box before eating. Between her s boulardii and her Kitty Biome poop pills, her 💩 don’t stink. 😺👍 I just shine a flashlight into her litterbox enclosure whenever I pass by it. Because my nose will never tell me when she’s used it. 👃👍
Yup. They really do appreciate you cleaning it out when you do get to it, though. Until I joined this site, had no idea that they prefer more than one litter pan, one for peeing, one for pooping, but now that I have two it is obvious.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup. They really do appreciate you cleaning it out when you do get to it, though. Until I joined this site, had no idea that they prefer more than one litter pan, one for peeing, one for pooping, but now that I have two it is obvious.
I work from home. And even on the weekends, I’m not away for more than a few hours in the afternoon. Betty hits the box twice a day. She usually separates poop and pee in separate visits anyway. I will usually scoop almost as fast as she drops. But knowing that it won’t stink and that she won’t return for a few hours, sometimes I do allow myself to sleep the rest of the night before scooping her midnight poop in the morning. 😹 I should get her a second box. But she doesn’t seem to need it yet. And I have a hobby table consuming the one place an extra box would fit comfortably. 🤦🏼‍♂️

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work from home. And even on the weekends, I’m not away for more than a few hours in the afternoon. Betty hits the box twice a day. She usually separates poop and pee in separate visits anyway. I will usually scoop almost as fast as she drops. But knowing that it won’t stink and that she won’t return for a few hours, sometimes I do allow myself to sleep the rest of the night before scooping her midnight poop in the morning. 😹 I should get her a second box. But she doesn’t seem to need it yet. And I have a hobby table consuming the one place an extra box would fit comfortably. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Daisy sometimes comes and tells me when she’s done a poo, if I happen to be out in the lounge rather than in the bedroom (her box is in the bathroom, right next to the bedroom). She generally does one poo a day, and I notice that she will mostly wait until I get home to do it, on the rare occasions I’m out for more than a couple of hours.

Her poos don’t smell bad either - at least, I have to sniff at them to notice. Phoebe’s poos never seem to have any odour at all.

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Turns out Juno gives me something to look forward to when coming back from vacation.

I just took my first real vacation since adopting Juno in 2020, a two-week Bucket List sort of thing. It was so amazing and the kind of thing that can make going back to real life a little bit of a letdown. But not this time! Because I was really looking forward to being reunited with Juno.

I had a sitter stay over and I was worried Juno would be mad at me or, worse, not recognize me. She did hide at first but I took a shower right away, put on a lived-in fleece, and waited her out. And once she realized it was me and had some time to process the change, she was extra affectionate all night long.

And I forgot how beautiful she is, it honestly took me by surprise, seeing her in a whole new light after two weeks' absence. And we did so much cuddling, I could tell she felt so content and secure to have me back. Cutest thing: she kept using her paw to bring my face closer to hers. ❤ What a nice cap to my vacation.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Turns out Juno gives me something to look forward to when coming back from vacation.

I just took my first real vacation since adopting Juno in 2020, a two-week Bucket List sort of thing. It was so amazing and the kind of thing that can make going back to real life a little bit of a letdown. But not this time! Because I was really looking forward to being reunited with Juno.

I had a sitter stay over and I was worried Juno would be mad at me or, worse, not recognize me. She did hide at first but I took a shower right away, put on a lived-in fleece, and waited her out. And once she realized it was me and had some time to process the change, she was extra affectionate all night long.

And I forgot how beautiful she is, it honestly took me by surprise, seeing her in a whole new light after two weeks' absence. And we did so much cuddling, I could tell she felt so content and secure to have me back. Cutest thing: she kept using her paw to bring my face closer to hers. ❤ What a nice cap to my vacation.
What a darling girl!