The little things I like about my cat

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sweetheart! :catlove:
She has never swiped or swatted at me. The only times she has even bit me, she pulls her punches and gives me warning nips. I think she bit me hard ONCE and judging from HER reaction, she was pretty surprised by it too. I'm more likely to get a nip because I stopped petting her too soon than I would for petting her too much (I don't know even know if too much is a thing with her.) I won't get scratches or bites going in for a belly rub. But she may sit up and give me a face bump.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwww. “Betty the Busker.”🎸 It’s too bad about our backs, isn’t it? Were it not for my lower spine, I’d happily lie on back all night to accommodate my kitty. Perhaps in a million years from now, human anatomy will have upgraded itself.
Look at those dirty paws on the daybed. She just came from the litter box, I'm sure. Thanks, Betty! 😽🤦‍♂️

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awwwwwwww. “Betty the Busker.”🎸 It’s too bad about our backs, isn’t it? Were it not for my lower spine, I’d happily lie on my back all night to accommodate my kitty. Perhaps in a million years from now, human anatomy will have upgraded itself.
I routinely get off of work and lie flat on my back on the hard floor to stretch things out. My cats (and, my 5 pound dog) treat my stomach like a trampoline. Lila especially will find the most uncomfortable (for me) spot on my stomach and squash an organ or two while settling down, and during this the dog drops a toy onto my face.
The fun part is getting back up onto my feet after I lie flat for 15-20 minutes.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I routinely get off of work and lie flat on my back on the hard floor to stretch things out. My cats (and, my 5 pound dog) treat my stomach like a trampoline. Lila especially will find the most uncomfortable (for me) spot on my stomach and squash an organ or two while settling down, and during this the dog drops a toy onto my face.
The fun part is getting back up onto my feet after I lie flat for 15-20 minutes.
I do some back exercises on the floor. Yogi Betty likes to try and fill in the shapes and spaces. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don’t know why, but he always gets animated when I’m on the phone! It’s as if he’d like to chat too!
:lol: My Mom has a cat that is obsessed with phones, if she calls anyone her cat is on her shoulders yelling and meowing into the phone! I'm used to talking to her through the sound of a meowing cat. She doesn't do this unless Mom is on the phone!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
…fondly thinking how, when he was a little bitty who fit in a teacup, just how BIG his ears were, and how his mascara was put on wonderfully thickly, like Rudolph Valentino. (Now he has grown into both).

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista was two years old when I adopted her. The shelter thought Betty is five years old. I think she might be even older than that. I never knew my current cat or my last cat as a kitten. 😿

...which, when I think about it, makes them that much more amazing that they are/were both so loving to me despite having humans before me. 😽

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista was two years old when I adopted her. The shelter thought Betty is five years old. I think she might be even older than that. I never knew my current cat or my last cat as a kitten. 😿

...which, when I think about it, makes them that much more amazing that they are/were both so loving to me despite having humans before me. 😽
Phoebe and Daisy are similar. Both were street rescues. I presume they had owners, since they never acted like ferals and were obviously used to humans. Phoebe was reckoned about 14 months old (our vet thought about 8 months, but because she was so small and thin it’s hard to tell). Daisy was maybe three years, which makes me shudder to think how many kittens she must have had. She was effectively abandoned, since she was in a small town with one pound and one shelter, and nobody came to find her. But both are such affectionate cats. Daisy’s a bit anxious, and doesn’t like me leaving her alone, even with Phoebe and my mother for company. Phoebe on the other hand is very confident and treats everyone who visits as being there to entertain her and provide a new lap to sit on. (Daisy will come out to say hello to women when she’s seen them a few times; she stays away from men.) What gets me is that they are so sweet and loving despite their experiences, despite being lost or abandoned. Maybe Phoebe had a good start; her thinness was due to undiagnosed IBD, not being starved. Daisy I don’t know; she was healthy, but if her owners had wanted to find her, making a couple of calls would have done it. (They also hadn’t spayed or microchipped her, so they’re in my Unforgivable book.) I put their sweetness down to their innate characters.

FrazzledMumbly

Max's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
His equal excitement when I return to our room, whether I was gone for a work shift or left for half a minute to get a cup of water. I'll never walk in to him taking a nap because he leaps from whatever perch he's on to greet me.

Also, the way no one can tell if his tummy fur has stripes or spots because of the way the longer fur lays. Sometimes spots, sometimes it looks like someone drew on abs.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista would come to me if I simply made eye contact with her. She was often my tortie shadow.

Betty doesn’t come when called. And if I poke my head into a room she’s in, that’s not enough to get her to come out to me.

However…

She’s a sucker for me when I get down onto the floor. If I want her to come out of the office, all I have to do is get onto my fours and she will follow me eagerly anywhere. I feel like a lumbering elephant leading her out of the office and sometimes all the way onto the bed while on my fours. But it’s an effective way to get her to follow me. 😹👍😽🐘

Sometimes I get her out of her poof for a med meal simply by getting to my fours where she can see me and leading her to the meds-taking location.🧐👍She takes her own meds. So leading her to her meds spot is sometimes the hardest part. 😸

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was traveling for a few nights this past week, with my mom looking in on Juno, and when I got back, Juno was extra affectionate for the first 24 hours. Kept crawling up my chest to bunt my cheek and nibble on my nose. What a sweet welcome-home present!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That Daisy will come and tell me she’s done a poo if I wasn’t right there to witness it. I spend most of my time within earshot of the bathroom, but occasionally will be in the lounge and not hear her. It happened just now - I was in the lounge having lunch and listening to a CD for the first time in many months. She came out and stood on the chair head-butting me. It wasn’t for food, she had wet and dry available. Wasn’t for a spot on the lap. She went back to bed and I checked the litter … and she’d left a poo! Such a good girl.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sarah, who will be 15 in April, hopped up on in front of the TV and smacked the weather man's moving hand for a minute or two. Then, she casually gave her paw a fast bath then hopped down like nothing happened. :lol:

whisperedthing

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bojji -

He likes to sit and watch me cook, so I host a cooking show for him nearly every time and sometimes let him taste test food that I know is safe for him

He learns really quickly. For instance, he lays on the table while we eat dinner sometimes and he never touches the food anymore while we're around. There was even a cutting board with steak still on it and he did not touch it for the 20 minutes we ate dinner. We used a clicker a couple months into getting them and every time they got off the table or didn't touch food (I watch and when it looks like they may get close or be getting antsy) I click and give them a treat. His sister doesn't really bother us during meal times, but he's always eyeing us.

He also knows how to do high fives!

He rubs up against me very often, especially when I'm in the kitchen or at the door ready to leave for work. And in the bathroom.

He lets me get the eye boogers from his face, lets me clean his ears, and is OKAY at me clipping his nails sometimes. But he never holds it against me.

Luma -

Very cuddly and loves pets.

In the mornings when we open the bedroom door, my husband feeds them breakfast. Luma eats her breakfast, then finds a toy, plays with it and always brings it into the bed to show me, drops it for me, and wants pets. She then plays in the bed for a bit, but mostly she just wants to snuggle.

Fluffy! Sooo fluffy. She looks bigger than her brother but it's just cause she's so dang fluffy!