The little things I like about my cat

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was stressed out yesterday from work, but since it was the weekend I was working on my laptop from the couch instead of my desk, and on three separate occasions, Juno climbed up onto my chest, head bunting my cheek and purring. And she seemed to know when I was taking break, because it was always a very wanted distraction (unlike the many times she jumps on my desk while I'm seriously trying to get work done....).

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry if this is TMI....
My vet taught me how to do an at home enema on my pets awhile back and sold me some supplies, only to be used in minor emergencies. Today, Goof was straining and lip licking after a treat binge that I did not authorize, and I could feel a tiny little blob of hard stool at the end of his colon. So I gave him a spoonful of food, sat with him on the floor, let him work at the food and gently gave the enema. He didn't even flinch! What a good boy. :redheartpump: He did pass the hard stool, and it practically shattered the tile when it landed.
Next time, I will definitely place a towel over my lap. Those jeans will never be normal again. :barfgreen:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The way Daisy has gone from fighting against her meds (Cisapride and Osmolax) to quietly letting me give them to her, and even drinking the Osmolax from its mixing spoon sometimes.
I used to feed Tag off of a spoon, and it was just so cute. I'm happy that Daisy is more content with her medications!

FrazzledMumbly

Max's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
The way he just flops over, no resistance, even in the midst of the zoomies or being rebellious when I nudge or pet him. Honestly can't tell if he's being goofy for love or his center of balance is that bad (or both) but it's endearing.

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so shallow but I love how beautiful my cat is to me. I always wanted a gray/blue cat and that was the criteria I gave the various rescues I had applied to. So imagine my luck when I got offered this gorgeous gray kitten who also happened to be sweet and funny and such a great buddy. I know you're not supposed to tell children they're beautiful (cause it goes to their heads and emphasizes the wrong thing), but since Juno can't understand, I tell her she's beautiful (and mean it!) pretty much every day. I've had her for two years now and she still stuns me with her beauty in a daily basis.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s not a little thing, it’s a big one, but I don’t know where else to post it - I love how affectionate Phoebe and Daisy are. They are always up for pets, except when they’re chasing each other around or in the litter. I filmed this the other day. Daisy had been howling for me to come back to the bedroom (she doesn’t consider making my mother’s breakfast an acceptable reason to ignore her) and when I did, it was time for pets. They’re both on me as I type, Daisy’s purring and kneading and Phoebe is stretched out on my leg,

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
As he gets older the naps get deeper & richer, and when he resurfaces, we have “groggy cat” conversations. Sometimes cuddling isn’t what’s wanted, just, acknowledgment and a chat about the day. I used to walk an 85 year man down the road and back for compn’y and it reminds me a bit of this. It‘s sweet & real.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Then there are the tImes when he circles me like a shark for no apparent reason & his tail does this cute lil “double twitch,” which I think means “heighdy, just passin‘ through.” Doesn’t want much, ‘cept just a teeeny tiiiiny scritch between the shoulder blades.

Last edited:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love how all 3 of mine will get into hissing and slapping matches, but every evening they curl up all together in this tiny little pet bed with the dog in the center of it all.
When Tag was nearing the end, he was sound asleep in his favorite recliner. Goof was on the back of the chair, and the others were just hanging around him in their little bread loaf positions. Like a complete moron, I didn't get a picture. It was like they knew, and wanted to give him comfort but not bother or disturb him. They are very empathetic and intuitive little creatures.