The little things I like about my cat

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
SO many moments where we just appreciate the little things about our cats. I’ll start:

Right now it’s just hangin‘: I watch the tip of his tail flip back & forth while he purrs, and we “converse.” It’s a small, good thing. (You can put anything). :)

Luvyna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww it's so nice that your cat "chats" with you!

Little things I appreciate about my cat:
  • The way he waits outside my door and runs to me in the morning meowing and purring when I get up
  • How careful he is to keep his claws in while interacting with me or playing with me. I have seen him really use his claws on toys and paper bags and I know how much he is holding back with me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
OK I’ve already got another one: every time I come through the door, he lifts his nose, just a little bit, as if to say hello. I don’t know if that’s a universal cat greeting, or what.

Last edited:

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mu Juno likes to make biscuits on my lap, and sometimes (maybe one time in three), if I catch her eye just right and give her kitty kisses, it impels her toward my face, like she just has to get closer, she can't help herself. And sometimes she'll come all the way up and head bunt my cheek and then go back to her baking business. It melts my heart every time.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When it is close to time to get up in the morning and I turn onto my left side. Mr Poe stretches, gets up from the foot of the bed and walks up to me. I lift the covers. He lays down with his back to me and nestles his head into my left hand. And purrs. He is so happy that his nose is dripping.

I'm so happy too. At least my nose isn't dripping. And I haven't really learned how to purr.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I love the many “words” Mocha uses. She has an amazing number of different vocalizations, all of them soft. Trills, prrrts, squeaks, the silent meow, and a number of others that are hard to describe. Every time I say something to her, she responds. She also “talks” to Iris.

I love how Iris snuggles in my lap, kneads my arm, and goes to her “happy place.” She’s 18 and very frail, and I think it comforts her.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SO many moments where we just appreciate the little things about our cats. I’ll start:

Right now it’s just hangin‘: I watch the tip of his tail flip back & forth while he purrs, and we “converse.” It’s a small, good thing. (You can put anything). :)
There are so many of them, I can’t list them, all and I cherish them, all. ❤ One of my faves is when my little Quinn lifts his beautiful face up and does this siamese smile thing when I scritch his head, and I say you are so siamese💕😻😹🐾 also when he looks at me a certain way and jumps to my shoulders… unfortunately he digs his claws in to stabilize etc. and if he is mad at me he chews my hair and bites my ear to reprimand me😹 So I have to wear a shirt or sweater for him to shoulder ride. 😀
My Wizarduni would spoon with me every night of his life with his paws on my hand as we fell asleep and he loved to sit leaning on me with his paws on my hands and always said purrmeow a certain way, like Quinn, he was my special guardian and came to be with me when bg crashed etc. His head butts were so hard they could have possibly fractured me, lol. And Quinn head butts my glasses, lol.

Last edited:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are lots of things my cats do that I love. But my favorite of Mingo's is when I go to bed, ready to fall asleep, and he comes up to my face and feels it all over with his whiskers, then lies down by my head and purrs. As for Lily, I love it when she hops into my lap and comes nose to nose with me. That's the way cats greet each other. She must think I'm a funny cat.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I like of my cats in general is the trust they have in me, it really touches my heart, and makes me proud of being part of their special world.
One other little thing I like is when I put the tip of my finger in their paws and they close their toes and hold it tight :redheartpump:
Also, the way they follow me around the house, especially when I'm about to prepare their meals (and they can tell the right time).

Melorin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our cat Pidin is kind of an ass. He hates it when we pick him up, touch him and especially despises hugs. So one might think he hates being around us.
However.
Sometimes, after a very deep sleep, he wakes up screaming and starts running around the house. The only thing that calms him down is when we call out to him-he comes running and quickly begins the cuddle session. You have to talk to him and cuddle him.
He's also incredibly cuddly when drowsy.
He's our little tsundere. An asshole most of the time, but we're 200% sure he loves us a lot.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
When it is close to time to get up in the morning and I turn onto my left side. Mr Poe stretches, gets up from the foot of the bed and walks up to me. I lift the covers. He lays down with his back to me and nestles his head into my left hand. And purrs. He is so happy that his nose is dripping.

I'm so happy too. At least my nose isn't dripping. And I haven't really learned how to purr.
That is exactly how Geoffrey and I cuddle. I fall asleep on my side, with him cuddled up to me.

During the day, when I lie down on the bed, he immediately jumps up, spoons with me, using my hand as a pillow---either..
The best is when he stretches his neck out, resting his chin in the cup of my palm. ... purring the entire time... heaven.

And when he talks to me.. We used to always have conversations.. so many vocal expressions.. Trills, chirps, berumps, etc... love him...

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
When I lie down to read, Leo often gets onto my chest. He will sit down and start nuzzling my face. I pet him and tell him how much I love him and he starts purring. Leo is always ready for a love session, but this is one of his (and my) favorites!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Our cat Pidin is kind of an ass. He hates it when we pick him up, touch him and especially despises hugs. So one might think he hates being around us.
However.
Sometimes, after a very deep sleep, he wakes up screaming and starts running around the house. The only thing that calms him down is when we call out to him-he comes running and quickly begins the cuddle session. You have to talk to him and cuddle him.
He's also incredibly cuddly when drowsy.
He's our little tsundere. An asshole most of the time, but we're 200% sure he loves us a lot.
Sounds like he trusts you very much ❣

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nobel:
How he hates being picked up but will demand to be picked up if you're having anxiety
How he learned to reach up and pat your shoulder to gain attention because I had a home daycare when he was young
Generally all the little ways he's finally learned to play and be a cat because he's watched Magnus. (Despite being around other cats most of his life)
How playful he still is at almost 16 (next month all!)

Magnus:
How he's an alarm when he runs down the stairs
How silly he is and how rolly he gets from happiness
How smart he is even when it drives me crazy (baby locks on everything now!)
How gentle he is when he plays with people
The way he stretches his nose up to be kissed or his rare kiss on your nose
How he licks my finger so that I can 'clean' his head

Calcifer:
His meow that sounds like a child trying to be a cat-ghost "meowOOOoooOoO"
When he loves you so much he tries to rub his back end on you while walking and falls over
Putting his top of his head on my mouth to get kisses 🤣
How he will hide under any blanket if you show him but only for a moment
He wants to cuddle but he gets worried about his other human getting jealous so we each only get cuddles in 30 second batches

How 'feety" Cal and Mags both are in their own ways.

I miss how Lily used to sleep with me every night though. Tucked in with her head next to me on the pillow. Or how one time our roommate accidentally let her out (she was fast and we think could turn invisible!) and I found her casually walking and sniffling our neighbours' flowers. Each one individually. How she wanted to sniff everything smelly that we brought home: candles, lip balms, all of it. She also was so casual about stealing human food. I struggled with food pre-celiac diagnosis so whenever I ate cat-safe food I would let her come sit and share with me by feeding her bits of food: salmon, sweet potato, chicken, that kind of thing. So her food theiving was my fault for sure. 🤣

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK I’ve already got another one: every time I come through the door, he lifts his nose, just a little bit, as if to say hello. I don’t know if that’s a universal cat greeting, or what.
Krista would give me a full-throated trill and a head nod like “wassup?” whenever I came home or entered the room she was in. I miss that so much.
View media item 423447
Betty is so indifferent about my comings 😔 and goings and so demanding about hers. 😾🤦🏼‍♂️

I have so many things I appreciate about Betty though. Probably my favorite is just how much she loves touch. She loves booty rubs and belly rubs. And she loves face bunting. Yoga is a contact sport with her. If my face is in range, she’ll brush or bump hers against mine.

She loves to sit in my lap and perhaps her absolute favorite is bedtime where she will curl into my armpit, reach a paw across my chest like a hug, and brush her face against my own. She will snuggle like this for 20 to 30 minutes before her love tank is full and then she moves on to a sleeping station near me, but not on me. Krista had to sleep while touching me. Betty connects with me while we’re awake and then sleeps apart from but near me. I prefer the latter as I can be a restless sleeper