The little things I like about my cat

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AGT AllStars
an aside
Speaking of tv shows(AGT)....is there anyone else who thinks that Funniest Animal Video show should be banned? it is full of dangerous accidents with people cracking up laughing at potential concussions and other bodily injuries.
As for the Funniest Home videos with people..what is so hilarious about a child or adult falling off a swing and getting hit in the head with the seat or falling on their back?!
I hate those shows.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There is so many things I love about my girls! I love how much they talk to me the whole time I have a conversation with them they always make sure to put their input in! And my youngest girl say to makes me feel so good and comfy at night when we snuggle up together and she lets me wrap my arms around her and she sleeps in my arms like a little baby and just purrs her heart out and it makes me want to cry sometimes a lot of times actually cuz it makes me feel so good!!💘🐈⬛ I know cats can't understand us but I love knowing that just the tone of my voice is known so well to them when as soon as I open the door and say "girls" they come charging my way!
I love how your youngest sleeps like that! Isn't that the best? And don't be too sure they can't understand us, my cats have learned key phrases and tones!

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love how your youngest sleeps like that! Isn't that the best? And don't be too sure they can't understand us, my cats have learned key phrases and tones!
My cat is spoiled rotten. We have twin Kindles. When I say Cat TV..she runs in the bedroom, hops up on the bed and looks at the nightstand for me to get her Kindle so she can watch Cat TV while I watch UK Dramas on mine! SPOILED!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My cat is spoiled rotten. We have twin Kindles. When I say Cat TV..she runs in the bedroom, hops up on the bed and looks at the nightstand for me to get her Kindle so she can watch Cat TV while I watch UK Dramas on mine! SPOILED!
That mental picture is the best thing ever!!!
I store my cats food in 1-2 pound deli containers. They know the sound of those containers opening and the sound of the lid being placed on the counter top. They also know the sound of my butt hitting the couch and one by one will come in the room and find their spots. My late Tag could be upstairs on the other side of the house, and no amount of calling his name or promises of treats would budge him. So I'd sit on the couch, and in a few seconds I'd hear him plodding down the stairs to come lay in my lap. :redheartpump:

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
an aside
Speaking of tv shows(AGT)....is there anyone else who thinks that Funniest Animal Video show should be banned? it is full of dangerous accidents with people cracking up laughing at potential concussions and other bodily injuries.
As for the Funniest Home videos with people..what is so hilarious about a child or adult falling off a swing and getting hit in the head with the seat or falling on their back?!
I hate those shows.
I hate those types of videos as well.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hate those types of videos as well.
I like the ones where cats get themselves into a silly harmless situation on their own, but the ones where people tie balloons or plastic bags to them just to scare them half to death are just plain idiotic. If someone did that to a dog, the internet would be out for their blood.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
an aside
I hate those shows.
Totally agreed. I grew up watching Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom, where these khaki swathed guys would terrorize African animals for hours, exhausting them, in helicopters, shoot a manly drug dart into an animal, then put a collar on them the size of a jeep tire, all in the name of …protecting animals? I suppose at the time it WAS indeed protecting animals, but it just seemed like a mess. Sort of like Hemingway, for environmentalists. All I can say is hooray for Jane Goodall.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
…getting on topic, I love that my old man spends hours just, being an old guy: napping, gazing at the sunset, snorgling…I increasingly feel this pang as I see his cheekbones get more accentuated. Old cats try so hard to handle age with grace, dignity, and a subtle kind of humility or wisdom I can’t quite describe. Cats have this knowledge of something “beyond” all of us. Almost as if they are humoring our chink of understanding of who (or what) it is they are.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Love it when they tuck their paws under themselves, with eyes half closed. They look like little Buddhas. I always wonder where they go in their minds when they do that. They certainly set an example, by being so calm & meditative.

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When they're sleeping, and half wake up with a huge stretch then pull their paws around their nose/over their eyes and "flex" their paws, then immediately doze off again. That gets me every single time...
I think one of my faves is a variation on this: when Juno is starting a nap, then wakes a little and as if to comfort herself, she crosses her paws around her face and "hugs" herself while doing this little huggy-shaky motion. It's the cutest thing ever and I've never managed to get it on video.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think one of my faves is a variation on this: when Juno is starting a nap, then wakes a little and as if to comfort herself, she crosses her paws around her face and "hugs" herself while doing this little huggy-shaky motion. It's the cutest thing ever and I've never managed to get it on video.
It seems like when you pick up a camera, they stop doing the thing you wanted to capture. I love that sleepy little face-hug, it is just so adorable!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They definitely know when the camera comes out - even when it’s just changing the function on a phone or tablet!
Sarah is one of those cats who will give herself a bath, then something will stop her and she'll freeze mid-bath, staring off into the distance with her tongue out a full inch. Every time it happens, I'm holding in a laugh and sneak off to get my phone chanting "don't move don't move don't move", and when I get back she still is sticking that tongue out. But by the time I bring up my camera, she meows and that makes her tongue suck back in. UGH! I have a few shots, but not nearly enough.
I have been trying for a year to get a video of my little dog going over to a rug after a nap, and rolling around on it, play growling and spazzing out with all four legs going every which way. She literally throws herself all over the rug and will freeze with all fours extended and let out a single loud bark at nothing, then repeat. The SECOND I pick my phone up and turn it towards her, she stops. I have so many 10 second videos over her laying on a rug, staring at me suspiciously out of the corner of her eye. Even if I try to be discreet, she knows!