The light of my life

Clover4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I really had to put my feelings down somewhere and thought this site would understand the most. I am a frequent reader but this is my first post. Also, English is not my first language so apologies for any mistakes. Thank you for reading.

Two weeks ago I had to let the love of my life go. Thomas was only three years old, but I raised him from a tiny little man. He came into my life after my first cat passed away of old age, he was gifted to my on my birthday by my parents. At the time I lived far away from my friends and was really lonely, but Thomas was there for me from the beginning. After a really rough year I moved back to where my friends and family lived but I was traumatized by unrelated events. My little man came with me wherever I went, moving from house to house, coming with me in his comfy backpack when I went to stay over at my friend. He was my comfort. I finally moved into my own place a year ago, and of course he came with me. I could finally relax. After work I always hurried home because he hated being alone. I can remember all the times I entered and he came running, purring, rubbing his head on my legs. We'd sit down together, him always on my lap and I'd read or watch a movie. These simple times are the things I miss the most.

The end came so quickly. He lost weight so fast, so sudden. I went to the vet and the results gave me such a shock. Nowhere in my mind could I imagine that this is how it would end. His kidneys were broken, both of them, it already happened once before and I didn't notice it. I was with him every day and I didn't notice him feeling sick. We tried flushing his kidneys in the faint hope we could add a few years to his life, but it didn't work. Two weeks ago I had to say goodbye to the light of my life, Thomas.

Even thought I know it was best for him, it still hurts. It feels like a part of me is missing. Slowly I can think back to our memories together without feeling like my world has ended, slowly I can move on, slowly I will be okay. But for now, I am grieving and broken and the only thing holding me up is that I know he loved me too.

I love you, Thomas. I miss you every single day and will never forget you. Thank you for these beautiful years together.
IMG_4506.PNG

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so so sad seeing this, another Tuxedo gone, and as I was saying outloud to myself "oh...." Sylvester walked in almost as on cue, let me pet him and he turned around and went back out, almost as if he knew why I was upset.....Such a gorgeous, handsome little man, I also would be heartbroken too, I am so so sorry for your loss and yes it will take time to get over it, but know that he is fine now, just fine, and when you meet again one day it will be just wonderful again.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

KittyLadyMzLisa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a beautiful little man! I am so sorry about your loss. I know it broke your
heart. I am going through the loss of my little girl right now too
who was a year older than your Thomas.
It is so hard losing a kitty companion no matter the age, but when they
are this young it adds another element to that pain because you had expected
many years of more memories with your kitty. Sending you big hugs through
this heartbreaking time.
RIP little Thomas:redheartpump:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so very sorry. It's heartbreaking when there's something wrong with a beloved companion that you just can't fix, and you know the most loving thing you can do for them is let them go. Thomas was so well loved during his short life, and you had such a wonderful companion. My heart goes out to you. 💔

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Rupert, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Three years is so short...but where there is love, an eternity is not long enough. Rupert left, not because he wanted to, but because his little body would no longer support his loving spirit. And now he is happy and healthy in That Place Where All Things Are Known. He sends his love, purified and translated into Love, back to you to stay with you all the days of your life. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When he went he took a part of your soul with him for comfort, but he left a tiny bit of his own for you to keep. That hole will heal in time, but it takes a long time and will always leave a scar. The comfort we find in routine, in having them here as a part of our lives, is suddenly gone. It leaves incredible emptiness and sadness in our lives, it can bring us to our knees with the pain. Concentrate on breathing, take a breathe in and let it out. It shows you are still alive, and right now it is the only thing we have that keeps us this way.
Do not let that beautiful boy's death become more important than his life. That can never be because his life was so important to you and he showed you what love was like. Yes, if you would have never met him, it would have spared you this pain, but at what cost to your soul? He left you with his legacy of love. Any future loves you add will reside beside his own. Never replacing, because that can never be, but making his love even stronger and allowing it to bloom and grow in your happiness.
To be remembered and loved after death is the greatest honor you can bestow on a loved one, you do him honor and he is thankful for all you have given him. Be thankful in return for what he has given you. Celebrate his life, try not to dwell on his end. It brings nothing but incredible pain.
In time you will learn to cope with this pain, you will go on living and seek life's beauty and wonder once more. Because life demands it, you cannot sustain such pain forever. Maybe another little boy is in your future, if there is you will know when, and Thomas will be right beside you, guiding you and continuing to comfort you with this gift. Take care.......RIP sweet Thomas. you will be dearly missed, you will forever have a special place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know these threads are impossible to open and read. I can't imagine again how this feels as a 3 year old is so hard. Any age but this is too much. I will pray for you, and KNOW Thomas is watching over you from over Rainbow Bridge and in Heaven awaiting you. In the Afterlife Thomas WILL see you again and run and jump in your arms so happy to see you again.

He loved you and felt your special bond of love even though so unfairly short was his time. :( I pray for peace for him and you too, as we of those left behind suffer the most missing our babies til we meet and see them again. RIP In Peace Sweet Thomas til your mommy sees you again.