The kitties got a new toy!

uabassoon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bought this for them today at Petsmart, they really seem to like it.

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are so cute! I would have a riot on my hands if I were to get just one! I'll have to keep a look out for them on sale.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got a much older version of that toy. It has the opening on the inside, and cut out holes along the top and outside. The ping pong ball in mine makes a great racket at night. The kittens love it.

My Sammiecat, a siamese/tabby mix (over the bridge) was on a mission to pull the ball out of the ring. She was the only one in the house that could do it and everyone would get bummed when they walked up to it and the ball was missing. I would find it under something eventually. Finally bought extra balls to put in there rather than having to wait to find the one she temporarily hid.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one like that . I have a big male his name is Malachi and he is so strong that he always got the ball out and the mittle section too . One day the hole plastic thing was in half . But I do have to say that all of my cats like that toy . Hmmmmmm , maybe I need to get a new one ???? Yea , I think I do

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's the exact one my kids have got! They just go crazy when I sprinkle some cat nip on the scratch pad!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yknow I have always seen those at the store but never got one. Maybe I should.. not sure if Zoey would be interested in it though.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My silly cats really don't play with it much...they'd much rather sleep on it or lick the catnip off the center part! It's funny we call it the Marjuana Patch!
They look so stoned when they're laying on that thing!

I think Zoey will like it. If she likes chasing things especially balls, she'll go nuts of this. Just think if she doesn't like it, you can always give it to your neighbor or donate it to a shelter. Plus, they're not very expensive...I think under 10 bucks.

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spike loves his Turbo Track. He goes through phases and will play with it for weeks on end, then will forget about it for awhile. But he's played with it on and off since he was a baby.

And you get used to sleeping through the whooshing sound it makes when they push the ball. At least I did.

kateang

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
boy boy likes the scratching pad while meow like the track...they just love it...

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the greatest cat toy invented! I have two (found at K-Mart).
Molly used to sit in the middle of hers. . . . George (bless his soul) used to scratch his to shreds. . . . and play with the ball for hours. . . . and sleep on it. I had to replace the center cardboard a few times. I highly recommend these to any cat!

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

uabassoon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So far they still seem to be interested in it! I'm not too worried about the noise since I sleep with the t.v. on. I helps me to fall asleep, it's like someone is reading me an elaborate bedtime story.

rfox

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Uabassoon...what kind of cat is Tibby? She looks like a ragdoll? I am thinking of adopting a rescue. They are so gorgeous!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by Sicycat
Yknow I have always seen those at the store but never got one. Maybe I should.. not sure if Zoey would be interested in it though.
What?? Zoey wouldn't like something with a ball in it? NOT!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

uabassoon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Uabassoon...what kind of cat is Tibby? She looks like a ragdoll? I am thinking of adopting a rescue. They are so gorgeous!
I'm glad someone else thinks so too
. I've always thought she resembled a ragdoll, but she's much smaller than a ragdoll. She's not really any special breed or anything, I found her at a shelter. Her mom was a calico I believe and in the litter was a calico, Tibby and a brother that looked just like her, and then I think it was two brown tabbies. So I've always been curious as to what the father looked like.

rhbarb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I found one of those round/ball toys at my Women's Club flea market. Someone brought it in and another one called Cat Dominos. Here is Chrissie (1 yr) guarding it. She thinks all toys are HERS. I've never seen this toy before. It is like a domino with holes and there are about 6 balls inside. It has a board across the middle bottom that causes it to rock back and forth making the balls roll around. They LOVE it. And spend alot of time up to their armpits reaching for the balls. The other seven take turns or share, but not Chrissie. She spends lots of time guarding it like this LOL.