The Hunger Strike, Day 4!

5starcathotel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just had to tempt fate by posting in this sub about my reticence to change flavors of cat food, nevermind brands. And of course, this week, my local Sprouts stopped carrying my cats' preferred flavors / brand.

Except for their kibble, which I only mean as a supplement, my crew of 4 has barely eaten anything this week! I've tried Freshpet (this shit is expensive, yo! At $5/lb, I think I'd be better off giving them cooked ground chicken!!). I've tried re-hydrated food, re-hydrated with chicken stock, not water. I've warmed it on the stove and/or microwave.

And yet, my crew remains decidedly unimpressed with my culinary skills!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
You might try some of the smaller pet stores like Bentley's, the pet club, that sort of thing :)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple of foods that are popular with my Krista when she’s not feeling very hungry are Tiki Cat tuna anything (Ahi Tuna Grill or Aloha Friends Tuna with Pumpkin being her favorites) or Fancy Feast Classic Turkey in Giblets. Though neither can be regular foods for her because she has “poultry” (chicken, but not turkey or duck) sensitivities and now I suspect tuna too. But these do get her eating long enough to get her a vet appointment to find out why she stopped eating. (Usually teeth.)

You may not like feeding fish or Fancy Feast. But it’s better to eat at McDonalds than starve at Whole Foods. Get them eating something first. Then transition them back to a food you’d prefer they eat after they’re eating again.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

5starcathotel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is your cats' preferred flavors / brands, that Sprouts stopped carrying, available on-line (chewy, petsmart, amazon, etc.)?
Yes, of course, but it's even more expensive there! Sprouts <$< Petco <$< Chewy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

5starcathotel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You may not like feeding fish or Fancy Feast. But it’s better to eat at McDonalds than starve at Whole Foods. Get them eating something first. Then transition them back to a food you’d prefer they eat after they’re eating again.
It's all good...it's not like my cats are *actually* starving. As I mentioned, they *are* eating their kibble. It's just the changes in their wet food that they are totally unimpressed about!