The Great Teaberry Hunt

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm out of teaberries for cookies. So is everybody else. And, evidently, teaberries are no longer being made. Rick and I went to 3 places this morning, places that I know used to carry them. I checked Amazon and eBay. Nuts.com. Some other sites as well. And there are no teaberries to be found. I am not amused. Yeah, in the overall scheme of things, teaberries are not important. But dang....

If you can find teaberries in your area, please, please grab some! I will pay you, of course, and for shipping as well.
Thanks!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It's considered a rare plant over here, so I'm no use to you. :lol:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to look up teaberries... I loved the teaberry gum!!

Never knew they were indigenous to the NorthEast. So, those are the berries I see on the bushes!!

I looked on line, for you... You are right.. non-existent.. But you can get the extract. I do not know if that would help you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The teaberries that I am referring to are candy. They’re little round sprinkles that we/I use to decorate cookies. A big thing in central Pa, I guess. Nothing to do with live plants. The extract won’t help for this purpose.

I have decorated with teaberries for decades. Eyes on reindeer, buttons on snowmen, things like that. Sugar cookie decorations. I also used them on pressed cookies.

An Amish woman told me yesterday that, many years ago, the company stopped making teaberries. There was such an outcry that they started making them again. This time, it’s for good.

In PA, teaberry is a big flavoring. People (not me) love their teaberry ice cream, frostings, etc. I like to decorate with them on cookies.

Thanks, everyone.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Yeah, they're like little round red candy that you can use for eyes, buttons, etc. Not as big as cinnamon hearts. Thank you!

Teaberries.jpg

A Abby's mom You know, I was at that site.....I can't explain it, but there's just something about it. They say they have a PayPal button, but it's not there. Just the way they word things makes me wonder if they're from the US. And with candy, that matters to me. I can't find out where they're from, what state or country. I emailed them. Thanks!

Tobermory Tobermory That's a good site, but they're talking more like candy than decorating sprinkles. I emailed them and will see what they say. Thanks!

Went to a few more places this morning, but nothing. I called down to some stores in Harrisburg (60 miles away). Nothing. Dang.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Would regular pink or red nonpareils work for decorating?

Dark red large ones: https://www.amazon.com/Wilton-Jumbo-Nonpareils-Dark-Red/dp/B08357S364/ref=asc_df_B08357S364/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=532798203735&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13822321928661863292&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9002074&hvtargid=pla-1394821290603&psc=1

A bakery supply store may have other edible things you can use for decorating baked goods with.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks LTS3 LTS3 . I think that’s what I’m going to do. We like the taste of the teaberries, but I don’t have much of a choice.

sadly catless

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
S sadly catless Thanks so much! I ordered an 8-ounce container from Buckne, but then shied away when the shipping fee was almost the same price as my order! I may just go ahead and do it though because I haven't found teaberries anywhere. And they're a staple for me during the holiday cookie season! Thanks! (And welcome to TCS!)

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, that's it. Where is this, please?
Ebay

Here are 2 more sites I found. I know nothing about these sites though.

Last edited: