The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, you're all so good with your pet food making, leaf raking and yard clearing! I'm too lazy for anything like that.

I didn't get my walk yesterday because it was raining too hard. It cleared up a bit later in the afternoon, so I was able to do about 90 minutes archery practice and 45 minutes yoga. Today I did an hour of yoga and an hour walk.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have fallen behind on my body weight training. After just 4 times my arm got shaky and I collapsed on the floor. Strait arm plank,twist your feet to the left,rt arm up left hand down. One of the few ways to keep your fore arms strong. Exercises are simple. Walk hold something heavy or raise dumbells in front

Last edited:

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
So, ya know how I mentioned my weight training was on Wednesday…
Well, it was a “full body” day, which included some freestanding bar squats.
So I was not terribly surprised when my quads complained on Thursday. But then when I woke up Friday morning to Kitsune doing her morning “wake up” body walk, I wanted to scream “Hey you little 7lb fluffball, GET OFF MY LEGS!!”
All day Friday was agony.

So I went in for my regularly scheduled weight training session this morning and told my trainer how things were. He laughs and says, “So, that was a full body day, right? And that makes today…. lower body (legs!) day.“

Oh my quads. 😭

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I was inspired to go out and rake some leaves on Sunday. Thank you Lari Lari I also did and hour of yoga and an hour of archery practice.

Monday was 90 minutes yoga, Tuesday a 90 minute walk and 45 minutes yoga.

I've just finished an hour yoga practice and I'm heading out for a walk now.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
One hour yoga, 90 minute walk, one hour of archery yesterday and about the same today.

I have another yabusame lesson with an actual pony tomorrow. Can't wait!

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've walked the last 4 days. Only 20 to 25 minutes each time, but better than nothing. Hoping to walk again today, but we'll see if Mother Nature co-operates or not.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hope you had some nice weather rubysmama rubysmama

I spent all day Friday at the stables. One hour ride, 90 minutes archery practice, 30 minutes mounted archery and lots of walking about, sweeping out stalls, grooming ponies and other fun things.

90 minutes yoga on Saturday. One hour of archery and a 90 minute walk today.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hope you had some nice weather rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama
Yesterday was windy and cold, so no walk, other than from the car to the store. Today's supposed to be warmer, so I plan to walk. But temps are trending downward, and once it's below freezing, I hibernate.

And between 🐎 🧘‍♀️🏹🚶‍♀️, you must be the fittest person in your area. :)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How's every doing this week? Is your neck better rubysmama rubysmama ?

I've been doing lots of exercise. It's getting cold here, so I find it better to do archery practice once I've already warmed up. If I have time in the morning I start with 90 minutes of yoga, then do a 90 minute walk and then 30 minutes archery. Any longer than that and my shoulders start to stiffen up in the cold wind. If I only have time in the afternoon I start with a 90 minute walk, do 30 minutes archery and then about 45 minutes yoga later in the evening. More horse riding booked for next week. Hope it doesn't snow before that.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You've been keeping super active, per usual, Norachan Norachan

Me not so much. Unless I count shoveling snow. We had wet, heavy snow over the weekend, which my shoulder and neck did not enjoy. So been a bit achy this week. Might try walking later today.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Urgh, you have snow already? That can't be much fun. So far it's very dry and very cold here. I'm hoping we don't get any snow for at least a month. We usually get a good four months of regular snowfall and sub zero temperatures. That means no horse riding for a while, but it will give my bank balance time to recover.

:lol:

45 minutes archery and an hour of yoga today.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Urgh, you have snow already? That can't be much fun.
You're right, it wasn't fun, or welcome. And because the temperature was right around freezing it was a mix of snow and rain, so wet and heavy to shovel. Perfect for snowmen though. ☃

Still no walks, but planning to go for a short one later today. 🚶‍♀️

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How's the weather rubysmama rubysmama ? Have you had more snow to shovel? It was very warm for December here last week. I had the windows open and was doing yoga in just a t-shirt and PJ bottoms. That's can't be right, can it? I'm way up in the mountains and it's the middle of December!

I've been doing lots of walking, yoga and archery practice. I had my third Yabusame lesson on Friday. I managed to get the horse tacked up in all the traditional Japanese gear in about 20 minutes, so that's a huge improvement. One horse ride in the forest, one hour of archery practice and then 30 minutes of archery practice with the horse. It was a bit of a wet and windy day, but I managed to hit the target at the trot a few times.

Those Japanese saddles though! My bruises had only just faded from last months lesson and now they're all back again.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How's the weather rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama ? Have you had more snow to shovel? It was very warm for December here last week. I had the windows open and was doing yoga in just a t-shirt and PJ bottoms. That's can't be right, can it? I'm way up in the mountains and it's the middle of December!
No more snow, thankfully. And it's since rained, so all the snow washed away. It's been both warm and cold here, but more on the warmer side, especially for December. But definitely not window opening weather.

I've been doing lots of walking, yoga and archery practice. I had my third Yabusame lesson on Friday.
You're always so active. I wish I had even 10% of your energy. I've been for a few walks, but that's about it for me and exercise.

Those Japanese saddles though! My bruises had only just faded from last months lesson and now they're all back again.
Ouch. Hope the latest bruises don't take too long to fade away.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Ouch. Hope the latest bruises don't take too long to fade away.
Thanks. I think they'll have plenty of time to heal. Last week was probably our last ride until March as we can't usually ride once it starts snowing.

I'll still be practicing archery though.

45 minutes walk and 45 minutes yoga on Monday, an hour of yoga, an hour walk and 30 minutes archery on Tuesday. 90 minutes walk and 45 minutes yoga yesterday.

And we've kept our Exercise Thread going almost to the end of the year! Good for us!

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Most of my exercise this week has been cleaning the house, ready for a few friends who are staying over New Year. Mr Husband sent me these pictures of himself clinging to a rock face somewhere.

Teppei19.jpg
Teppei20.jpg

I just hope he's properly tied on.

:disturbed:

Status
Not open for further replies.