The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've had a pretty good week. 90 minutes yoga and a 90 minute walk on Monday. One hour walk and 45 minutes yoga on Tuesday. Yesterday I spent three hours gardening. Got all the grass in the enclosure cut and raked into piles up against the fence, cut some dead branches off the trees, hauled out loads of dead wood and dismantled one of the outdoor cat trees that was starting to fall apart. The base is rotten, but I think I can recycle some of the wood and build them a new one when I have time.

I'm feeling it in my arms today. Two 1 hour yoga practices, lots of stretching and twisting, only a few strenuous poses.

How's everyone else doing?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
But the summer heat and humidity seems to be mostly over, so I plan to start walking again soon.
Our weather seemed to change the moment September started. It's almost chilly here today.

Yesterday was my errands day. I got loads done, cats taken to the vet, shopping, even finished the decorating, and then did 90 minutes yoga in the evening.

Today I walked for 90 minutes (cold and damp) and then did 30 minutes stretching.

I'm looking forward to some crisp autumn days.

:fallsmiley:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's been cooler here the last couple days too. I even went for a short walk yesterday, and it was so nice to not sweat. Would have been better if I'd worn something better on my feet, than sandals.

This afternoon I'm going to be putting down soil and grass seed in an attempt to renovate my pathetic looking front lawn.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I am hanging in there. We got hit with Post Tropical Ida. It was horrendous. Loads of heavy rain, flooding and a bunch of tornados (thankfully, we didn't get hit by one here). Unbelievable that a post tropical storm caused so much death and destruction. I feel really bad for anyone who has to deal with large hurricanes--they are brutal!!!

I lost one day of exercise, but I checked today before my strengthen training session... and I am still losing weight and inches.:yess: I will keep it going. I want the rest of the weight off of me before winter. I will endure. Glad to hear you guys are getting your exercise in. Keep going with it and stay safe. 🙂

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We've been neglecting our motivation thread! It had slipped down to the second page.

I've been sticking to my regular schedule of daily yoga and long walks whenever the weather is nice. We had snow on the top of Mount Fuji two weeks ago. That's about a month earlier than usual. It only lasted a few days though, we've had some warm sunny days this week.

Had a really nice 2 hour walk on Tuesday, saw loads of late wild flowers and birds.

How's everyone else doing these days?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How's everyone else doing these days?
Until yesterday, not much. But yesterday afternoon I went for a short walk around the neighbourhood. Only about 25 minutes, but better than nothing. Temps are staying mostly warm-ish around here, which is nice for walking, so I must try to get back in the habit of daily strolls.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We've got a typhoon heading our way, so no walk for me today. I did a very long, satisfying yoga practice though. I had my first shot of the Covid vaccine yesterday, so was expecting to be a bit sore. Instead I found I was able to do really well and held all of my arm balances for longer than usual. Full splits on both sides too!

Maybe I'm going to start my own conspiracy theory about how the vaccine gives you super powers.

:lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nothing worthy of posting, exercise wise, from my neck of the woods. Super, super windy here today, though.
But sunny, so no weather complaints. :sunshine:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
So glad the Typhoon went out to sea @Norchan. I had a lot of disruptions this week and I think I may have hit a Plateau (weight loss has stalled). Since I am burned out on H.I.I.T and I.F for now, I am off it. I am going to still work out 6x a week with walking everyday. I am just re- strategizing my workout plan. I may be on hiatus for a while, so by the time I get back into my weight loss program--I hope it will be very effective. I have 21 pounds more to lose. Well, I am glad I got this far. This is a lifetime change for me. I am not going back to junk food.

Hope everyone is doing okay. Has anyone heard from Maggiedemi . She has been gone for a very long time. I hope she is okay. 😐

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I got some good news to report. I am currently on Hiatus from my diet, however I upped my calorie intake by just 400 calories. I checked and I actually lost weight and inches again which means I am not in a Plateau. :yess:I will stay on this Cal intake for another week and than up it to my maintenence calorie intake. I really am burned out from all this dieting and doing fasted workouts. I will go back to dieting when I am ready. If I didn't come off this diet, I would be one very cranky person. It is best to be in the right mind frame when dieting.

Hope everyone is doing okay. Keep on-- keeping on! :hyper::)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's great Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose that you've lost weight, even with upping your calories. Getting to a maintenance calorie intake is goal, as no one can diet forever. Good luck as you continue to tweak things. :redheartpump:

I've been a bit more active this week. Only one short walk, on Monday. However, I've been painting my shed, so lots of climbing ladders, and stretching my arms. Even had to trim some tree branches that were hanging over the shed. So feeling pretty good about this week's exercise.

Speaking of those tree branches, leaves will soon be starting to fall, so that will be my October exercise.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I am taking it one day at a time. Progress, not perfection. I have to keep reminding myself, so when I have bad days, I don't completely go off the rails.

Sounds like you are keeping busy with fall cleanup. Everytime I rake leaves into a pile, my friendliest backyard kitty jumps into it and starts having a ball with the leave pile. He is a sweetie. Warms my heart to see him playing. Well, have a good night.

P.S. Here is a cute gif to bring a smile to your face. Enjoy.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's great news about the weight loss Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Yes, you need to have a break from dieting every now and again. I think it gives your metabolism a boost, so when you go back on the diet you continue to lose weight.

I've had a good week. The weather has been perfect, so I've done lots of long walks. Three 90 minute walks, one 1 hour and one 2 hour walk in the past week, as well as yoga every day. I went paddle boarding yesterday. Spent about an hour going from the pontoon to the far end of Lake Sai and back, which must be great for my arms.

Here are a few pics. (I need to colour my hair again, the green has almost all faded out.)
PB19.jpg
PB20.jpg

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
That's great news about the weight loss Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Yes, you need to have a break from dieting every now and again. I think it gives your metabolism a boost, so when you go back on the diet you continue to lose weight.

I've had a good week. The weather has been perfect, so I've done lots of long walks. Three 90 minute walks, one 1 hour and one 2 hour walk in the past week, as well as yoga every day. I went paddle boarding yesterday. Spent about an hour going from the pontoon to the far end of Lake Sai and back, which must be great for my arms.

Here are a few pics. (I need to colour my hair again, the green has almost all faded out.)
View attachment 396353View attachment 396355
Great pics. Glad you are enjoying Lake Sai. I love the great outdoors too. I remember Kayaking in Alaska in an inlet of water, not too far from the Mendenhall Glacier. Bald eagles were flying over me , and seals were following me behind. I was on :cloud9:. Nature can give you such a euphoric feeling. Love it.

I want this break to refresh my spirit and reset my metabolism. I know my limits. Thankfully. Well enjoy your day. Take care.🙂

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I remember Kayaking in Alaska in an inlet of water, not too far from the Mendenhall Glacier. Bald eagles were flying over me , and seals were following me behind.
That must have been amazing! We saw a few deer on the drive over and there were lots of cormorants around, but nothing as exotic as seals or eagles.

Just an hour of yoga on Saturday and Sunday. I managed to get out for an hour's walk today and did a bit of stretching when I got home.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
That must have been amazing! We saw a few deer on the drive over and there were lots of cormorants around, but nothing as exotic as seals or eagles.

Just an hour of yoga on Saturday and Sunday. I managed to get out for an hour's walk today and did a bit of stretching when I got home.
Maybe one day you could visit Alaska-- it is rugged, but mindblowingly beautiful. I heard that there was a tradition in Japan were honeymooners would go to Alaska to see it's beauty and even more so the Northern lights which they believed would bring much good luck to their new married lives. I saw this on the Discover channel years ago. Very Interesting.

Well, I am sticking to my exercises and walks. I do free style dance in place of H.I.I.T. it is fun and non stressful. I go right into my Ab/Core work out afterwards. Tomorrow is Strength training with standing legs(squats, lunges and other standing leg work) and arms/shoulders. I still stick to exercizing 6x a week. I am not going back to my old lifestyle. Thank goodness.

Well, have a good week. Stay the course. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.