The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've been pretty busy so far this week, but I've done at least 90 minutes yoga every day and I got up early and walked for 90 minutes on Wednesday. And the decorating is nearly done! I need to buy another small can of paint, as I ran out before I finished the whole wall, but it's already looking much better than it did.

:hyper:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
hows your weather over there ?
Wet!

🐳

Typhoons keep rolling past and even if they don't make landfall they bring a lot of rain with them. It's rained pretty much every day for the past week. That's because it's the Obon holiday in Japan. Whenever there is a long weekend and people plan on going somewhere the weather is worse than a British Bank Holiday.

I bet Michigan is hot. Does it cool down in the evenings or is it hot at night too?

I had to run a load of errands yesterday, so my warm up was rushing around with big bags full of shopping, followed by an hour of yoga. Today I did 90 minutes yoga and then a 90 minute walk. It's raining, but it's really nice out in the woods. There are wild flowers everywhere and I saw so many deer with their little Bambies.

:deer:

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just saw this thread and was gonna chime in about my diet and exercise routine for Po :lolup:

Since it's not about our babies, I'm currently working just on hitting 10k steps a day. With a school load for summer of 20.5 units (which translates to 3.5 full-time jobs) it's been sooo hard! But I figure any little bit matters so I'm trying to get in anything I can. I bought an exercise ball and have started taking notes while using it during lectures in hopes that it may be more beneficial than sitting lol.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Just saw this thread and was gonna chime in about my diet and exercise routine for Po :lolup:

Since it's not about our babies, I'm currently working just on hitting 10k steps a day. With a school load for summer of 20.5 units (which translates to 3.5 full-time jobs) it's been sooo hard! But I figure any little bit matters so I'm trying to get in anything I can. I bought an exercise ball and have started taking notes while using it during lectures in hopes that it may be more beneficial than sitting lol.
Squeezing exercize into very busy days 7s very challenging, but it sounds like you are motivated. Even doing little things like taking stairs instead of elevators, parking further away so you can get a good walk in, standing more than sitting, or what you are doing with the exercise ball-- all helps. Keep it going!!! I just walked 5 miles the other (nearly 10,000 steps) by just challenging myself. I realized I could handle it no problem. Do a little bit more everyday and you will be well on your way. 🙂

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
i have been walking to my mailbox and back for exercise but thats all that i am able to do in this weather
Well, that's something. M maggiedemi walks around her house when the weather is too hot or cold to go out and gets her steps in that way.

I walked for an hour today, then did 45 minutes yoga.

A few deer pics.

Mother deer just down the lane from my house.
Deer69.jpg

Bambi outside the fence. It was starting to get dark and my camera has trouble focusing on things that are the other side of the fence, but you can still see how cute this little one is.
Deer72.jpg

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Hope everyone is doing well. Norachan Norachan thank you for sharing the pic of the deer, I love nature pics.

My diet and exercise program is going well. I am sticking to all my exercises, including my walks. I have been taking 5 mile walks (every other day). It is really getting that weight off. I lost some more pounds and inches this week. I will keep it going till I hit a Plateau. Consistency is the key, as they say.

Will take care everyone. 🙂

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
thank you for sharing the pic of the deer, I love nature pics.
Me too! It's really nice being able to see so much wildlife around here. You're doing really well with your diet and exercise. Are you going to treat yourself to anything nice when you hit your target?

I had an hour walk in the pouring rain this afternoon, followed by about 30 minutes of yoga

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Me too! It's really nice being able to see so much wildlife around here. You're doing really well with your diet and exercise. Are you going to treat yourself to anything nice when you hit your target?

I had an hour walk in the pouring rain this afternoon, followed by about 30 minutes of yoga
I don't know. I didn't think that far in advance. Maybe a day trip somewhere. I got to find someone to feed my indoor and outdoor cats. I never get to go anywhere, so to get away just for a day would be nice. Still got a bunch of pounds to lose, so I am focusing on keeping the weight loss going. I am in it till the end.

I hope Monsoon season is ending over there or at least no more monsoons come your way. Take care 🙂

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't been posting much in this thread, as I haven't been doing much exercise lately. And though I'm not looking forward to summer ending, and it getting cooler, I am planning to get back into regular walking again, once that happens.

Love the deer pics, Norachan Norachan . :redheartpump:
However, it makes me sad that seeing them, automatically makes me think of deer ticks and Lyme disease. :sigh:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I hope Monsoon season is ending over there or at least no more monsoons come your way.
Me too! We've had so much rain recently, it just isn't funny anymore. It's rained every day for the past week and then we had 48 hours of solid, torrential rain on Tuesday and Wednesday. The hotel my husband works at is right next to a lake. They had to evacuate all the guests who were camping because their tents started submerging. Then no one could get in or out of the hotel because the water covered the road as well. It's gone down a bit now, but there's a lot of clearing up to do.

However, it's supposed to be sunny tomorrow morning, so I might be able to go horse riding.

:crossfingers:.
However, it makes me sad that seeing them, automatically makes me think of deer ticks and Lyme disease.
I don't know how that affects deer, but these all look really healthy. They have plenty to eat so they're nice and fat and they have 2 or 3 new babies every year. I think they're doing OK.

90 minutes of yoga every day this week, plus two very wet and muddy walks.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know how that affects deer, but these all look really healthy. They have plenty to eat so they're nice and fat and they have 2 or 3 new babies every year. I think they're doing OK.
I was thinking more on the lines that deer bring the ticks with them when they wander through the woods and/or urban neighbourhoods, and then the ticks get onto humans.

But I was curious if ticks are harmful to deer, and Google informed me that "heavy infestations of [ticks] may produce fawn mortality up to a reported estimate of 30 percent.” :(

Glad your deer look healthy. They're totally beautiful animals. :deer:

Still nothing worth mentioning on the exercise front. I have, however, been again thinking of trying to do some beginner yoga. 🧘‍♀️

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't been posting much in this thread, as I haven't been doing much exercise lately. And though I'm not looking forward to summer ending, and it getting cooler, I am planning to get back into regular walking again, once that happens.

Love the deer pics, Norachan Norachan . :redheartpump:
However, it makes me sad that seeing them, automatically makes me think of deer ticks and Lyme disease. :sigh:
Same! With so many hours of lectures the only exercise I've been getting is the 45 min break (from sitting) that I take every weekday to watch jeopardy (and catch up on thecatsite) while I walk in place. I also sit on my exercise ball instead of a chair but I can't imagine it's doing much. I've been debating buying one of those devices where you pedal in place while sitting. Anyone have any experience with those?

Right now I'm just stuck in hell 24/7, sleeping four hours a night and spending the rest of my time with school. In three weeks I should finally get a day off and hopefully can get back into my routine of walking 5 miles a day. I'm lucky that where I live it doesn't get too cold in the fall/winter.

Sorry, I think I just needed to vent. It's frustrating to have the motivation to move but no time to do so.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It only rained a little bit today and I could go out and play with the ponies!

:hyper:

With all the rain the trails were really over grown. The susuki grass was above the horses' heads in places. The rain had damaged the trails a bit too. In one place what used to be a trail had turned into a little ravine with a stream at the bottom of it.

We still had a nice ride though.

Horses140.jpg
Horses141.jpg
Horses142.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How's everyone doing this week? I have to admit I was a little stiff after going riding on Friday. What with the bad weather and my busy schedule that was only the 4th time I've ridden this year, so I was feeling it in my legs the next day.

Two 1 hour yoga practices on Saturday, an hour of yoga and an hour walk on Sunday. 90 minutes of yoga on Monday. 90 minutes yoga, a 90 minute walk and then about 30 minutes of stretching on Tuesday.

Today I did 90 minutes of yoga. Lots of deep stretches and hip openers. My legs are almost back to normal now. It's supposed to thunder tonight and then rain heavily for the next few days, so I might not get chance to walk until the weekend. It's been such a wet, stormy summer!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I had to contend with TS Henri on Sunday which left lots of rain. It threw off my Monday H.I.I.T. I just didn't have the energy, so I skipped it and just went into my fasted Abs routine. I don't want to sound rigid, but I just don't want to lose any momentum. I am still losing weight and inches. When I hit my next milestone, I give an update here.

Norachan Norachan I get the same way. I feel off when I haven't been working out. I am in it for the long run now.🙂
rubysmama rubysmama I walk a lot, but I hate this icky weather. I will be happy when it cools down as well.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Our rain wasn't as bad as forecast, so I've been able to have a few walks this week. Thursday was just an hour walk and an hour of yoga. Friday I spent most of the afternoon in the garden. I composted all the summer plants that have finished flowering, cleaned the planters, swept the deck and did a bit of weeding. I think I must have lost about a kilo through sweating and being bled dry by mosquitoes.

:cringe:

Saturday I did 90 minutes of yoga, today I walked for 90 minutes and then did 30 minutes stretching.

Status
Not open for further replies.