The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to say M maggiedemi you are missed. I visit a lot 8f the same threads you visit so when you go away from the site for awhile your presence is missed. Hope all is well. Post an update when you are able.🙂

Also Bri5 Bri5 How is everything going with your workouts this week? Hope all is well. 🙂

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I want to say M maggiedemi you are missed. I visit a lot 8f the same threads you visit so when you go away from the site for awhile your presence is missed. Hope all is well. Post an update when you are able.🙂

Also Bri5 Bri5 How is everything going with your workouts this week? Hope all is well. 🙂

Hello! Thanks for checking in. I have been consistent since I posted I was back at it. Primarily biking and weights because I planned to jog but can't get motivated to do so in this humidity. Thinking of HIIT as the main thing next week. How are you?

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! Thanks for checking in. I have been consistent since I posted I was back at it. Primarily biking and weights because I planned to jog but can't get motivated to do so in this humidity. Thinking of HIIT as the main thing next week. How are you?
Glad to hear you are pushing forward. Keep it up! I highly recommend H.I.I.T as well as Intermittent fasting. It has given me some very solid results in less time than regular cardio. Anyway, take it slowly and see if it is right for you.

I had a solid week so far. I did my HIIT/I.F. and Strength Training with no set backs.:yess::lol2: I also took my walks everyday. I believe I lost some more weight since I last checked in 2 weeks ago. I will be checking my weight very soon.

Well, I hope you and everyone here have a good weekend. Take care.🙂

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Great news guys!!! I checked my weight and inches today and I lost 5 pounds and a bunch of inches since 2 weeks ago. Yay!!! 😃 All that exercising and sticking to my diet paid off. So I am 23 pounds in on my weightloss with 37 more to go!!! I will just keep pushing through till I reach my goal weight.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend and was able to get some exercise in. Stay motivated! 🙂

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Primarily biking and weights because I planned to jog but can't get motivated to do so in this humidity.
It's really humid here too. I guess when you ride your bike you're going fast enough to get a bit of a breeze. Walking or jogging is a lot of hard work though.
Great news guys!!! I checked my weight and inches today and I lost 5 pounds and a bunch of inches since 2 weeks ago.
Oh, well done! It's nice that your seeing such amazing results for all your hard work.

I did 90 minutes of yoga and a one hour walk yesterday, 90 minutes walk and 45 minutes yoga today. It's so hot and humid though. All I really want to do is lie out on the deck with the cats

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Super, super muggy here too. But I refuse to complain, because the days of being cold, and having itchy dry skin will be here before we know it. However, not much exercise happening, though I did wash the car yesterday.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
It's really humid here too. I guess when you ride your bike you're going fast enough to get a bit of a breeze. Walking or jogging is a lot of hard work though.

Oh, well done! It's nice that your seeing such amazing results for all your hard work.

I did 90 minutes of yoga and a one hour walk yesterday, 90 minutes walk and 45 minutes yoga today. It's so hot and humid though. All I really want to do is lie out on the deck with the cats
Thank you. I got to stay motivated because I have quite a few more pounds to lose and I may hit a few bumps in the road (set backs, slow down and Plateaus). I just have to keep going and not backslide. Progress, not perfection.🙂

game misconduct game misconduct Thanks for mentioning that. I always try to drink plenty of water. I know of one lady who jogs all the time. She went out in 97 degree weather for her usually jog and passed out. She was taken to the hospital and they told her that she had heat stroke. Nobody should take hot weather lightly--it is dangerous.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm going to try and get up early tomorrow and go for a walk around 8 am, before it gets too hot. I got up for an 8.30 yoga class this morning and thought it would be comfortable enough to walk after that. It was already sweltering by 10.30 though

Mr. Husband needs to find a way to do some inside climbing, like the loft, and help you get that wallpaper down!
He actually did this death-defying tiptoe thing along the top of the stair railings and managed to get almost all of the paper down. I went to look at paint today. I thought I may as well start and then worry about how to reach the really high parts later. I wanted an ivory white, but ended up getting a light beige as I thought it would go better with all the wood paneling. When I checked the can the slogan on the front said something like:

"Goes on smoothly and easily. Even women can use it."

And why wouldn't we be able to use it!? Is decorating some special man-only skill that we're not supposed to be able to manage?

:lol:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Well, my getting up early plan seems to be working. 3 out of the past 4 mornings I dragged myself out of bed early enough to feed the cats, have coffee, walk for an hour and be back home before 9.30 am. I'm pretty impressed with myself. I'm not a morning person at all.

It also means that by the middle of the afternoon I've had a long enough rest that my body doesn't think it's done anything, so I can have a long yoga practice too.

I've made progress with the decorating. All the wall paper has been stripped off. Yesterday I wiped down all the woodwork and plaster and got about a third of the upstairs painted. It's going to be a long, drawn out project. I don't have a day off next week, so I'll just have to do little bits when I can.

Quite happy with the paint though (The kind that even women can use :rolleyes2: ) It's a nice colour and it has a matt finish when it dries, so it's giving me that old country cottage, distressed look I was going for. When your house is as old as this one everything is going to look a bit distressed. This house is so distressed it's probably got PTSD.

:lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He actually did this death-defying tiptoe thing along the top of the stair railings and managed to get almost all of the paper down.
Sounds scary, but he probably found it thrilling.

"Goes on smoothly and easily. Even women can use it."
:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2: Like, sexist much? :eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

I've made progress with the decorating. All the wall paper has been stripped off. Yesterday I wiped down all the woodwork and plaster and got about a third of the upstairs painted. It's going to be a long, drawn out project. I don't have a day off next week, so I'll just have to do little bits when I can.
Congrats on the progress so far. Good that you're not too impatient to be patiently doing a bit a a time.

No exercise here. Been a crazy weather week, with a mix of sun and thunder showers, and almost constant humidity. Was planning to mow the grass yesterday afternoon, then a deluge of rain suddenly started falling, so grass didn't get cut. Hopefully today.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom is this to get help with weight and diets ? i am at 288 pounds and could use some pointers on how to cut my weight down
This is mostly about exercise motivation. However, I have been sharing my journey on my diet here. I have been doing High Intensity Interval training with Intermittent fasting and strength training on alternating days. It is working. I will check my weight tomorrow, but so far that I know of I lost 23 of 60 pounds.

Before any exercise program check with your doctor and know which exercise plans may not be for you and where you stand health-wise. Walking is a very good all around body conditioner. You can start there. Also, if you are able to--do some strength training with resistance bands or free weights (what you can handle). The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn. I did strength training 2 months before my diet and I.F. It really helped.

Well, I wish you the best of luck. It is hardest in the beginning to start a diet and exercise program, but as I been telling myself --- A journey of 1,000 miles starts with the first step.🙂

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
i have been bad for a long time with sodas and i thinking about cutting them from my daily drinks
Once you put your mind to it, that's an easy thing to give up. I've lost track now, but think it's 3 years since I've had Coke or Pepsi. As for other pop/soda, I've had the odd glass of Sprite or Gingerale, and they just seem soooooo sweet. What I drink now, when I want something carbonated, is lemon flavoured sparkling water. You get the fizz and a hint of flavour, plus zero calories. So something to consider.

Nothing too exercise-y yesterday, but I did cut the grass. And today I plan to buy some more mulch, and finish up that part of my garden project. Also need to get some soil to re-pot some annuals that have outgrown their containers. So some light outside exercise today.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
yes i do want the uplifting !
Start with something easy, like a couple of short walks every day. Even if you only walk for ten minutes or so it will be great for your circulation. Getting out and about is a good mood lifter too.

I had to start work early today so I didn't go for my morning walk, but I did 90 minutes of yoga in the afternoon.

Mr Husband has the right idea. When it's too hot to go out just find yourself a frigid mountain stream and climb all the waterfalls until you reach the top.

Teppei11.jpg
Teppei12.jpg
Teppei13.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
i walked to my grocery store and back home to get some groceries
That's good! Have you thought about getting a Fitbit? It would help you keep track of how many steps you take and maybe encourage you to walk a bit further every day.

I got up early for my walk again this morning. 90 minutes walk, 40 minutes of yoga and about two hours of decorating and house work in between. There's a typhoon heading my way, so I might not get out tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.