The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have any of you looked in to taking joint supplements with Glosamine and Chrodritan for joint health? It has helped me some, but I had to stop because my insomia was flaring up. Same with MSM. Other supplements to take for joints are Multi Collagan, Hyaluronic Acid, and Fish oil. I just ran out of HA, and I am really feeling it, so I will have to get some more. It is good for keeping the joints lubricated (also skin health). Anyway, I just thought I put that out there.

Have a good night everyone and Happy Fourth of July to my fellow Americans.💥
I actually just got my husband back on glucosamine+chondroitin. He has had multiple knee surgeries from sports injuries. It decreases inflammation and keeps him from getting a lot of nerve issues but he hasn't noticed a huge relief in the actual joints.

Happy 4th!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have any of you looked in to taking joint supplements with Glosamine and Chrodritan for joint health?
No, I had such success with getting my heart rate up. It really took away the pain in my sore right leg. So I want to keep going with that and see if it gets rid of the pain entirely. Pain came back from sitting around.

I really want to get back into the swing of things on Monday. Believe me, I don't want to spend another year
Same. I want to get started on Monday and maintain my progress. I also really relate to your 2nd sentence. I don't want to spend another year in these same circumstances. A lot of things. Let's do this, let's have a better year! 🙌

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm trying to decide if I want to go out and garden or not, as I bought more mulch to put down. May just weed a bit, though, and do the mulch tomorrow. Will see how I feel once I get out there. 👩‍🌾

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How are you coping with the heat Rubysmama? It's been raining constantly here since Thursday. Everything is damp and sticky and the mould is growing on things at an alarming rate. I spent 3 hours deep cleaning the house on Monday because I get really paranoid about breathing in too many mould spores.

I haven't had many walks, but I've been doing 90 minutes to 2 hours of yoga every day. Hopefully only another week or so of this monsoon.

:crossfingers:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How are you coping with the heat Rubysmama?
Yesterday was actually comfortable, and I ended up gardening for almost 4 hours. Moved a bunch more plants around and am 99.9% happy with where I put them. Going to move a couple more again today, then putting down the mulch, and that will be it for this year. Or at least till fall. LOL.

It's been raining constantly here since Thursday. Everything is damp and sticky and the mould is growing on things at an alarming rate. I spent 3 hours deep cleaning the house on Monday because I get really paranoid about breathing in too many mould spores.
Oh, that sound icky and gross. Hopefully things will dry up soon.

I really want to get back into the swing of things on Monday.
I want to get started on Monday and maintain my progress.
Yesterday was Monday. How'd you guys do?

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I switched it to Thursday. I'm gonna start a few days before next Monday, then do 8 weeks instead of 4 weeks. That will bring me right up to my Bday. Since I've been sitting around so much, I think I need double the time to tighten up.

I don't do anything strenuous though, no weights. Just my 2 hour walk and 1 hour squats, stretching. The only difference from last year is I discovered keeping my heart rate up gives me better results. So glad I discovered that.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was actually comfortable, and I ended up gardening for almost 4 hours. Moved a bunch more plants around and am 99.9% happy with where I put them. Going to move a couple more again today, then putting down the mulch, and that will be it for this year. Or at least till fall. LOL.

Oh, that sound icky and gross. Hopefully things will dry up soon.

I have been back on since Monday. However I got very lousy sleep in the last few nights, so I had to cancel HIIT and Intermittent fasting today. I will go for long walks instead today. I don't want to lose too much exercise time because of this insomia. I will have to cut out Glosamine since I already halved the dosage and still ended up with lousy sleep. Geez, the list of stuff I can't handle any more keeps growing.😬 I will just have to figure things out as I go along. Oh, and the injury has improved a lot. TG!

M maggiedemi keep pushing through. You must prepare yourself psychological before you get moving. I have to constantly do that. My insomia and that recent injury was definitely a hindrance. I had to rearrange my exerercises to play it safe. Today I couldn't do my normal routine, so I am going for a long walk. I got to keep moving. So just keep moving and work up your motivation. Don't get caught up in all or nothing thinking, be flexible and consistent. I wish you the best of luck.🙂

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I finally stopped hurting on Thursday so I biked a bit then. I also biked Friday, and swam two hours today, including catching and throwing and carrying my kid who is learning.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally stopped hurting on Thursday so I biked a bit then. I also biked Friday, and swam two hours today, including catching and throwing and carrying my kid who is learning.
Just don't do too much too soon. It took me a over a week to get over my strain. I work out 6 times a week and have to scale things back when either my insomia is acting up badly or I have a set back like that injury. So far that was the first time I got injured since starting this workout and it was because I tried a few new exercises my body wasn't use to it.

Stay motivated and you will reach your fitness goals. I can't believe what I achieved since I started my exercise and diet program. It exceeded my expectations. 🙂

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It looks like the rainy season is almost over. I walked for just over an hour yesterday without getting wet. I've been doing lots of yoga, as well as deep cleaning and decluttering the house. I finally got to grips with The Hell Mouth under the stairs. Some tears were shed, but great progress was made and a huge plastic box of stuff went for recycling/trash. It looks much better now. I'm thinking of making a proper fitted cupboard under the stairs with shelves. Then I can store things with worrying about it getting all covered in cat air and spiders.

I'm also thinking about repainting the upstairs walls. Just wondering how I would manage to do that on the open side of the loft, where the ceiling is really high. Trying to convince myself that building my own scaffolding is not the best way to do it......

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've had a few quiet days with more reading and less exercising / gardening. Still have more mulch to buy and spread, so will try to do that this week.

M maggiedemi : you haven't posted in a few days. Everything ok? 🤗

I'm also thinking about repainting the upstairs walls. Just wondering how I would manage to do that on the open side of the loft, where the ceiling is really high. Trying to convince myself that building my own scaffolding is not the best way to do it......
Would something like this work for you?

1626090289131.png

I have a similar issue with my basement stair well. It's the only spot in my house that didn't get a recent fresh coat of paint, as it's just too high, and though I've wondered about building my own sort of scaffolding using ladders, I also have a fear of falling.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Would something like this work for you?
That's what I'm thinking of doing, but I only have one ladder and even if I stand on the top rung I wouldn't be able to reach all the way up. I'm just trying to work out where I can get two long ladders from without having to buy them. Wonder if I can rent ladders from any where.

:think:

Would it be expensive for you to hire a painter to finish painting the basement stairwell?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Would it be expensive for you to hire a painter to finish painting the basement stairwell?
I've not priced it, but it's something I'm considering.

Another lazy relaxing summer day, yesterday.

Today is "mow the lawn" day, so if nothing else I'll get to walk around the property for a bit.
1626169280798.png

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I didn't get much done yesterday. I had an early dentist appointment, so the walk from the bus stop to the dentist and back was about my only exercise. Missed my bus home, so had to wait around for 90 minutes for the next one. Then there was a sudden downpour just as I got off the bus and I got soaked.

I did have a little time for yoga when I got home, but I was feeling a bit aggro so I started ripping the wall paper off the walls instead. There's no going back now.

:lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I didn't get much done yesterday. I had an early dentist appointment, so the walk from the bus stop to the dentist and back was about my only exercise. Missed my bus home, so had to wait around for 90 minutes for the next one. Then there was a sudden downpour just as I got off the bus and I got soaked.
Yikes! Dentist appointment, missed bus, and rained on. Not a very fun day. :(

I did have a little time for yoga when I got home, but I was feeling a bit aggro so I started ripping the wall paper off the walls instead. There's no going back now.

:lol:
That sounds exciting though. :thumbsup:

I mowed the grass/weeds yesterday. Then edged and slightly enlarged one of the gardens that needs to be mulched. The mulch will happen today, then all my current gardens will be in pretty good shape. I do have visions of a couple new smaller garden beds, so there may be more digging, lifting and mulching sooner than later. We'll see.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
As soon as this rainy season is over I'm going to have to tackle the weeds. They're up to my knees at the moment. I like to leave it a bit wild out there, but it's a total jungle at the moment.

I did 90 minutes yoga yesterday and walked for 90 minutes today. Going to do a bit of stretching in a bit.

I also started looking through the paint I had in the shed to see if there was anything suitable upstairs, Couldn't find any in the colour I want, but I did use up what was left in a few tins by repainting a bit of cat furniture. They now have a lilac and purple wooden elevated bed that's just the right height for them to look out of the window.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good day today. 90 minutes yoga and a one hour walk. I also finished painting the cat furniture and stripped off as much of the wall paper I could manage on my one ladder.

Not sure what to do about the rest. There's no way I can reach the high part of the loft. Mr Husband says he'll think of something. I suspect the thing he is thinking of is how to go climbing for the weekend and leave me to do the decorating.

:rolleyes3:

How's everyone else doing? M maggiedemi we haven't seen you for a while. Is everything OK?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not sure what to do about the rest. There's no way I can reach the high part of the loft. Mr Husband says he'll think of something. I suspect the thing he is thinking of is how to go climbing for the weekend and leave me to do the decorating.
Mr. Husband needs to find a way to do some inside climbing, like the loft, and help you get that wallpaper down! :lol:

How's everyone else doing?
Yesterday was wet and gloomy, so wasn't outside much. I did clean the bathroom, so guess I'll call that my exercise for the day. 🛁
And today is going to be hot and muggy, so don't foresee much exercise happening.

M maggiedemi M maggiedemi we haven't seen you for a while. Is everything OK?
You know how we worry, M maggiedemi , when regular members stop posting, so please check in when you can, just to let us know you're alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.