The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I got a muscle sprain in my butt. 😳 I put the Gluteus to the Maxius and now my butt is sore.:lol: I am canceling lower body strength training tomorrow. Sunday is my day off. So I hope by Monday it will improve. I will do light lower body exercises next week until I know I recovered. I need to get better sleep, so I can recuperate. How I loathe having insomia.

Just a word of advise, don't overdo it. It can happen so easy when your determined to maximize your workouts. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Get plenty of rest. Get plenty of protein for recovery, especially on strength training days. And above all else--know your limitations!
I am learning the hard way apparently. 🙄

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Ah man, so sorry that happened! I hope that doesn't happen to me. That's why I like to stick to my walks, because they never injure me. But I really need the extra tightening on my butt/hips/thighs/legs area with my 1 hour exercises & squats.
Thank you. I tried a few new exercises the other day (they were tough) and I felt a little sore, but thought I shake it off. It acted up in the night, but got better when I put Ben Gay on it, so I thought I was good to go for HIIT with intermittent fasting today. I got through it, but the sprain got worse after my workout. It even prevented me from taking a long walk. I put more Ben Gay on it and it is getting better, so I am laying off lower body exercises tomorrow. Hopefully, by Monday it will have cleared up.

Hope you get started with your walks again. Just pace yourself, you should be fine. 🙂

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Might as well wait until tomorrow to get started, since it's Monday. I'm gonna try to do 5 weeks. That will bring me right to August 1st, so that's a good stopping point. I will report back with my results. 🚶‍♀️🙌

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Might as well wait until tomorrow to get started, since it's Monday. I'm gonna try to do 5 weeks. That will bring me right to August 1st, so that's a good stopping point. I will report back with my results. 🚶‍♀️🙌
Just mentally prepare yourself. Go over your exercise routines and how much walking you want to get in this week. When you prepare yourself mentally, you start following through. Don't go into this casually. You need a certain amount of motivation to start a exercise regiment. If I didn't work up my motivation, I wouldn't be on a diet or exercise program. Define your fitness goals clearly and develop a strategy regarding how you will make it become a reality. Let every little step towards the goals serve as motivation to push forward.

Well, I still have a little soreness from the strain. It acts up a little when I walk. I am cutting down on my walks for a few days and changing out my exercises so I don't further aggravate this injury. This is a setback, but it's reality. Got to prepare for the setbacks so you don't get too frustrated. On another note I lost a few pounds and inches. I think I am 18 pounds down. It is beginning to slow down which is too be expected. I will just have to take it day by day.

Hang tough! 💪You can do this! Stay motivated!:walk::hyper:🙂

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Well, I got a muscle sprain in my butt
Ouch! That's not good.
Today I am deep cleaning my bathroom, and judging by my sweatiness, it's the biggest workout of the week
Yeah, cleaning burns loads of energy, doesn't it? I always feel more exhausted after cleaning the house than I do going on a long hike.

Friday I did 30 minutes yoga in the morning, then met a few friends and their babies in the park for a socially distanced picnic. (No one is vaccinated over here yet.) After that I walked back up through town from the park, 40 minutes up hill, then did a bit of shopping while I waited for the bus back to my village.

Saturday I walked for 90 minutes and did 45 minutes yoga, Sunday was 90 minutes of yoga, Monday an hour of yoga and an hour walk.

The rain looks like it's clearing up so I'm heading out for a walk again soon.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Gardened for 3 hours in the sun and humidity yesterday morning, and sweated like crazy. But I was really pleased with the result, so it was worth it.

Today is showery, which I guess would end up being basically the same as sweating, LOL, however, the plants and ground would also be wet, whereas yesterday I was the only one dripping wet. 😅

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch! That's not good.

Yeah, cleaning burns loads of energy, doesn't it? I always feel more exhausted after cleaning the house than I do going on a long hike.

Friday I did 30 minutes yoga in the morning, then met a few friends and their babies in the park for a socially distanced picnic. (No one is vaccinated over here yet.) After that I walked back up through town from the park, 40 minutes up hill, then did a bit of shopping while I waited for the bus back to my village.

Saturday I walked for 90 minutes and did 45 minutes yoga, Sunday was 90 minutes of yoga, Monday an hour of yoga and an hour walk.

The rain looks like it's clearing up so I'm heading out for a walk again soon.
Thank you. This just haven't been my week with the heat and a bunch of situations on top of my injury getting in the way of my exercises. I am pausing my exercises till Thursday the earliest. I also had guests over this past Sunday and ate a few things I shouldn't have. I will get back to the drawing board after tomorrow (it's going to be a scorcher ☀🥵).
My injury has gotten better, but I can't push things and risk reinjuring myself.

I wonder what it would be like if you missed a day of Yoga. I can tell that it is a daily part of your life, so no doubt you would really miss it. You are so consistent. Kudos! Your are an inspiration!!!

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Friday I walked, Saturday I biked and did some hand weights, yesterday I rested. Today I am deep cleaning my bathroom, and judging by my sweatiness, it's the biggest workout of the week.

So I didn't just clean one bathroom, I cleaned both. Every inch of each one, close to 2.5 hours of scrubbing tiles and tubs and toilets. I had a minor dull backache when I started, and yesterday I was in excruciating pain from all the work cleaning. I rested yesterday and only biked today.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I wonder what it would be like if you missed a day of Yoga. I can tell that it is a daily part of your life, so no doubt you would really miss it.
I don't practice every single day, but I never have more than a one day break. I think physically I'd be fine, but I'd be a bit grouchy. I think it's just the fact that I've set some time aside for myself to do something I enjoy and that makes me feel good that is important. It's too easy to get caught up in work and chores and taking care of everyone else around you. Setting aside a bit of time for some personal TLC and maintenance does you good physically and mentally, don't you think?

It's proper monsoon season here. I did 90 minutes yoga and managed to get an hour of walking in on Tuesday. Wednesday, Thursday and today were just the 90 minutes yoga. The rain is coming down in sheets, but everything looks so lush and green in the forest.

Oh, saw two mother deer and their tiny little bambies while I was out for my walk on Tuesday. Shame I didn't have my camera with me, the babies were adorable.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
[/QUOTE]
Setting aside a bit of time for some personal TLC and maintenance does you good physically and mentally, don't you think?
Absolutely! This was an off week for me. I will be back on my program next week. I ate a bit more calories than on my diet days, but I got better sleep this week, so I think that is something good that happened this week. I am raring to get back to the drawing board. I worked too hard to backslide and I honestly can't see myself not exercizing and losing weight. I keep telling myself the following fact I read, "Every extra pound of fat on my body is like 4 pounds on the joints." Being overweight is causing stress and inflammation in the body. Add in the fact that I am not really young anymore and that makes me even more determined to lose the weight. I try not to put a number to what I should weight, but rather go by what looks right and feels right to my body. Whatever weight I am the happiest and healthiest at.

Have a good weekend. I hope the weather isn't to bad where you live in Japan. 🙂

P.S. I love to see some more nature pics. Japan looks beautiful.❤

Bri5

Alpha Cat
Purraise
I keep telling myself the following fact I read, "Every extra pound of fat on my body is like 4 pounds on the joints."
I've never heard this before but I believe it. When I get close to a certain weight, my knees hurt sooo bad.

My back is not okay. Biking a few days ago made it flare up again. I generally get a bit of back pain instead of monthly cramps, and a few times a year it is intense. I think I was already getting there before the cleaning and biking. Hoping a restful weekend helps.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
There was a study done on weight gain and the joints (specifically the knee joints) back 15 or so years ago and they discovered how much stress extra weight puts on the body. It is an eye opener. You can google this and find plenty of articles on it, but I like how this Othropedic place put together this article. The Impact of Obesity on Joint Health - Cary Orthopaedics I never been to an orthopedic, but don't attend to go to one in regards to overweight body strain and aches. I will continue dropping the pounds and getting more fit. If I really have to go after that, than I will.

You will have to rest up, like I did this week. My strain has been minimized and I actually got better sleep this week ( I suffer from chronic insomia). Perhaps around that time of the month, do lighter exercises, so you don't strain your back or elsewhere. Do yoga to keep stress levels down. If your back pain does not clear up after rest then please see your doctor. Hope you feel better soon.🙂

Bri5

Alpha Cat
Purraise
There was a study done on weight gain and the joints (specifically the knee joints) back 15 or so years ago and they discovered how much stress extra weight puts on the body. It is an eye opener. You can google this and find plenty of articles on it, but I like how this Othropedic place put together this article. The Impact of Obesity on Joint Health - Cary Orthopaedics I never been to an orthopedic, but don't attend to go to one in regards to overweight body strain and aches. I will continue dropping the pounds and getting more fit. If I really have to go after that, than I will.

You will have to rest up, like I did this week. My strain has been minimized and I actually got better sleep this week ( I suffer from chronic insomia). Perhaps around that time of the month, do lighter exercises, so you don't strain your back or elsewhere. Do yoga to keep stress levels down. If your back pain does not clear up after rest then please see your doctor. Hope you feel better soon.🙂

Thanks for sharing! Makes perfect sense. When I hit that 25ish pounds overweight, I have an extra 100 on my knees.

Glad you got some sleep! I'll be turning in soon. I've been sleeping with a pillow behind my back lately.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a study done on weight gain and the joints
I know this is true. I can feel it when I get those fat deposits on my butt, thighs, hips. The aches and pains always come back. So tightening up that area helps, and also keeping my heart rate up while exercising seems to help. Waiting until Monday now and I will do 5 weeks. Let's do this! 👍

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I know this is true. I can feel it when I get those fat deposits on my butt, thighs, hips. The aches and pains always come back. So tightening up that area helps, and also keeping my heart rate up while exercising seems to help. Waiting until Monday now and I will do 5 weeks. Let's do this! 👍
I started off 60 pounds overweight, and despite being what I call "Fit Fat", I really could feel the strain that weight was putting on my body. I really want to get back into the swing of things on Monday. Believe me, I don't want to spend another year at this weight. I got 42 more pounds to go and I am going to keep focused so I reach my goal weight.

Have any of you looked in to taking joint supplements with Glosamine and Chrodritan for joint health? It has helped me some, but I had to stop because my insomia was flaring up. Same with MSM. Other supplements to take for joints are Multi Collagan, Hyaluronic Acid, and Fish oil. I just ran out of HA, and I am really feeling it, so I will have to get some more. It is good for keeping the joints lubricated (also skin health). Anyway, I just thought I put that out there.

Have a good night everyone and Happy Fourth of July to my fellow Americans.💥

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.