The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! I'll trade, I love hot weather. She let me wash one item. I picked the bedspread because it looked the warmest. I guess not!
I need to start getting to the laundromat, if she's not gonna budge about the machine. They lifted most restrictions in NY, so I should be able to go. It's a real pain to drive 30 minutes just to do laundry though, with a machine right here. Makes no sense. I even offered her money.

Back to my exercise schedule tomorrow. No excuses. 🚶‍♀️

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Did I kill the thread with my depressing talk? :lol:

It will be all right. I'll get stronger with my walks and get away from her, hopefully by the end of the year. :crossfingers:

How is everybody else doing? Did you start yet Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose ? My plan is to start 2 days early, then do 4 weeks, or 6 weeks depending on results.
Well, I was going to leave a post tomorrow but since you inquired here on how things went. On Monday, Wednesday, and today I did the Intermittent Fasting with the HIIT and my Ab work. I exercized much better on an empty stomach. I took my Matcha tea and the Royal Jelly supplements and my energy level was pretty good. I did 3 rounds of 5 different exercises. My full workout with Abs lasted an hour. I could keep doing this, but there is a potential set back. My insomia was off the hook for 3 nights this week. It got better yesterday. I am trying to lose this weight in hopes that it would help me to sleep better.:frustrated:It is so frustrating.

The good news is that I am losing weight for now. **I lost 12 pounds. ** Inches have been taking off my belly, behind, and elsewhere. So it is paying off. Yay!!!! That means I have 50 more pounds to go! I also do strength training 3 days a week for arms, shoulders and lower body. I am keeping up with all of it. My diet is okay, but I'm the last two days I fell under my minimum calorie allowance, so I have to keep an eye on this or I might end up hitting a plateau.

Well I wish you the best in getting back into the swing of things. Keep pushing till you breakthrough. YOU CAN DO IT! Don't doubt that for one minute.🙂

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! I need to join for accountability. Sunday is start day.
:hellosmiley::welcomesign: Feel free to post here as often as you need to. The more people on this thread encouraging each other towards their exercise and health goals--the better!

I wish you all the best for starting your new exercise program on Sunday. Let us know how things go. Hang in there.🙂

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Did I kill the thread with my depressing talk? :lol:
Nope, I'm still here.
**I lost 12 pounds. **
Oh, well done! :clap:
Hello! I need to join for accountability.
Welcome to the thread! We're here to cheer for you.

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:
I walked for an hour and did 90 minutes yoga on Thursday. I didn't do any actual exercise yesterday, but I spent the afternoon helping Mr Husband build his climbing wall. Lots of sawing wood and moving heavy bits of timber around. Sawing wood is very good for your triceps. Mine are aching this morning

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My plan is to start 2 days early, then do 4 weeks, or 6 weeks depending on results.
You can do it. :thumbsup:

1624097224481.png

The good news is that I am losing weight for now. **I lost 12 pounds. **
That's great !!!! :woohoo:

Hello! I need to join for accountability. Sunday is start day.
Welcome to our thread.

1624097456663.png

I didn't do any actual exercise yesterday, but I spent the afternoon helping Mr Husband build his climbing wall. Lots of sawing wood and moving heavy bits of timber around. Sawing wood is very good for your triceps. Mine are aching this morning
That's like my gardening, though I don't usually work hard enough to have achy muscles the next day. More like an achy back. :crazy:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep pushing till you breakthrough. YOU CAN DO IT!
Thanks for the pep talk. I know my walks and getting my heart rate up is the key to getting well and getting out of here. I decided to wait until Monday and do 5 weeks instead of 4 or 6. That's a nice compromise.

I just want to firm up, work on my sore leg, and lose the corpse look. I'm hoping getting my heart rate up, getting blood to my face will fix it. I got some anti-aging face stuff too. Ha! Everybody keeps asking for a selfie, but I'm only posting headless ones, until I stop looking like the walking dead.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the pep talk. I know my walks and getting my heart rate up is the key to getting well and getting out of here. I decided to wait until Monday and do 5 weeks instead of 4 or 6. That's a nice compromise.

I just want to firm up, work on my sore leg, and lose the corpse look. I'm hoping getting my heart rate up, getting blood to my face will fix it. I got some anti-aging face stuff too. Ha! Everybody keeps asking for a selfie, but I'm only posting headless ones, until I stop looking like the walking dead.
Your welcome. I know you have a sore leg, but you could start working with free weights(3-5 pounds for starters) on your upper body? And when you take your walks and your sore leg improves, you could do squats and lunges with those weights as well. I tell you working with weights 2 months before my diet gave me excellent muscle tone and now that I am losing weight it is beginning to show. Increasing your muscle tone increases your metabolism. Free weights are great for firming up Also might I suggest Multi Collagen/Collagen Peptides. That is good for your joints and muscle tone, also for more youthful skin(as well as hair and nails). It seems to work for me. I see some Vegetarian versions of Mult Collagan online. It may be worth looking into it. 🙂

Thank you Norachan Norachan and rubysmama rubysmama I will be taking this weeks measurements tomorrow, so hopefully I lost more weight and inches. Wish me luck! Hope you are having a great day.🙂

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you have a sore leg, but you could start working with free weights(3-5 pounds for starters) on your upper body?
I can't use weights. I injured myself using a 3 pound weight and almost died. Well I was starving myself at the time. I heard something snap really loud, diagnosis was perforated abdominal viscus. I have a 9 inch scar down my stomach. (This was 2 years ago August)

you could do squats and lunges
I do squats and they seem to help. Not sure what lunges are, but I could try.

I see some Vegetarian versions of Mult Collagan
Thanks for the tip. I really want to do something about this corpse look on my face. There is no way I should be looking 80 when I'm only 45! I was so shocked when I took a selfie. My whole face looks like it is drooping downward. Could that be side effect of the morphine they gave me in the hospital? I hope I can fix it.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I did a random youtube HIIT workout, modified.
I follow Mary Braun (for exercise) and Thomas DeLauer (exercise and nutritional advice) on You Tube. Don't push things too hard until you know for sure you can handle it.

I checked in on my progress today and I lost 4 additional pounds and an 3 inch off my body since last Sunday.. I swear HIIT is doing wonders and pairing it with Intermittent fasting takes it to the next level. I do 16:8 Intermittent fasting (16 hours fasting and 8 hour window for eating). It works for me, the other I.F programs I don't think are for me.

Anyway, keep it going. The journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step. That's what I told myself when I first started exercising and dieting. Hang in there.🙂

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I can't use weights. I injured myself using a 3 pound weight and almost died. Well I was starving myself at the time. I heard something snap really loud, diagnosis was perforated abdominal viscus. I have a 9 inch scar down my stomach. (This was 2 years ago August)

I do squats and they seem to help. Not sure what lunges are, but I could try.

Thanks for the tip. I really want to do something about this corpse look on my face. There is no way I should be looking 80 when I'm only 45! I was so shocked when I took a selfie. My whole face looks like it is drooping downward. Could that be side effect of the morphine they gave me in the hospital? I hope I can fix it.
😲 So sorry about the injury you sustained from the weights. Could you look into resistance bands? Many people use them in addition to or in place of weights. They are also good at firming you up. You can also add your own resistance when exercising.

These are lunges (front and back).
View attachment 385055
200w (1).gif
200w.gif
l

In regard to aging. Try to eat as many fruits and veggies rich with Antioxdents(berries and Sweet Potato). Check your diet and see you are not lacking in nutritional value. Supplement wise CoQ10 and Reservatol ( which is found in Red Grapes and Wine) have been noted to slow down the aging process. People who age quicker showed lower COQ10 levels than people who aged at a slower rate. Also get healthy fats like Omega 3's in your diet. Healty fats are so important for health. Check with your doctor to be on the safe side.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I follow Mary Braun (for exercise) and Thomas DeLauer (exercise and nutritional advice) on You Tube. Don't push things too hard until you know for sure you can handle it.

I checked in on my progress today and I lost 4 additional pounds and an 3 inch off my body since last Sunday.. I swear HIIT is doing wonders and pairing it with Intermittent fasting takes it to the next level. I do 16:8 Intermittent fasting (16 hours fasting and 8 hour window for eating). It works for me, the other I.F programs I don't think are for me.

Anyway, keep it going. The journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step. That's what I told myself when I first started exercising and dieting. Hang in there.🙂

Thank you, I will check out those channels. I have done HIIT before but haven't done anything consistently in a few years. I have a background of dance from adolescence, and every time I do work out consistently, it is a mix of HIIT, barre, and jogging.

Status
Not open for further replies.