The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
M maggiedemi Why not just start with part of your program, rather than trying to do the whole thing? Maybe 10 minutes of stretching and a half hour walk, then build up to your goal over the next week or so? Don't get discouraged, every little bit helps.

I did 90 minutes of yoga this morning, then walked for about an hour.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Didn't start my exercise program yet. What the heck is wrong with me? I need to get started again, but just can't seem to do it. This is not good. Hopefully tomorrow...
Once you get out of the habit, it's really hard to get started again. At least that's that way it is for me. And it doesn't help that I find walking boring most of the time.

Do you have enough property that you could try doing a bit of gardening? Either flowers or veggies. Digging and carrying bags of dirt, watering, etc., is exercise, and it's really fun watching things grow. 🏡

It doesn't quite work that way for us. I work on wind turbines.
Oh, when you mentioned towers, I thought you meant office towers. Wind turbines sound much more interesting.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe 10 minutes of stretching and a half hour walk, then build up to your goal over the next week or so?
I'm kinda an all or nothing gal though. I like to stick to my schedule. I do well once I get going. Hopefully tomorrow...

Do you have enough property that you could try doing a bit of gardening? Either flowers or veggies
Yes, we have a lot of land. We do have a vegetable garden. But I don't really help dad because of the mosquitoes. Ha!
He has to suit up with the white pillsbury doughboy suit, net hat, bug dope. Not sure if I'm well enough for all that hassle.
If it was just me and him, I think I would have more energy, but dealing with you-know-who takes away a lot of my energy/spirit.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
But I don't really help dad because of the mosquitoes.
Oh, yeah, I forgot, country = mosquitoes. :(

Are they around all summer? We get some here, in the city, but it's not too bad. And early summer we get black flies, which considering their tiny size, can actually hurt when they bite you. 🦟

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are they around all summer? We get some here, in the city, but it's not too bad. And early summer we get black flies,
Probably. I have no idea, I would have to ask dad. We get black flies too. They don't bother me too much on the road when I take my walks. Just in the yard and when I was taking my walks on the driveway.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't stared my exercise back up again, but hopefully tomorrow. Definitely tomorrow! There, that's a better attitude. :thumbsup:
I want to do a full 30 days by July 4th weekend, that's my goal.
My advice is to do whatever you can and progress everyday until you are back to your routine. Right now I have 3 variations of my Ab work, strength training, and HIIT. I have my full workout(that I do most days), a lighter work out, and my bare bones work out. I either lighten my exercise load, scale down on the weights, or use no weights for my most scaled down workout. If I every feel very sick. I would skip workouts till I feel better. I think with exercise and dieting you need to be flexible . The all or nothing approach for me has lead to backsliding. This is why I have 3 different workouts.

Well, I am still on my diet and things are going well. I will be taking my measurements soon. Hope I am losing.🤞🤞🤞

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Haven't stared my exercise back up again, but hopefully tomorrow. Definitely tomorrow!
Maybe you're tired and your body needs to rest? Rest is just as important as exercise. We all have days when we just need to take things easy.
Well, I am still on my diet and things are going well
Good for you! Hope you see some results from all your hard work.

I had an hour walk on Wednesday, but I've mainly been doing yoga this week. 90 minutes of Wednesday and Friday and two 60 minute practices on Thursday. I've been working on arm balances and back bends. Someone challenged me to full Dhanurasana. My left arm will do it but not my right. Isn't that weird? I guess it's because I use my right hand for writing and clicking my PC mouse, so it's tightening up my shoulder.

1622799640290.png

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My exercise has been gardening, mowing the lawn, and putting together patio furniture.

Norachan Norachan , I think I got into some of your yoga poses while trying to balance patio chair pieces in order to get the screws in place, and the next morning my back let me know it was not impressed. :ohwell:

1622800856502.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
scale down on the weights, or use no weights for my most scaled down workout.
I can't use weights, I always hurt myself. I just do my walks, squats, arm stretching. I try to keep my heart rate up, that seems to help my sore leg.

Maybe you're tired and your body needs to rest?
Tired in my mind. I'm definitely starting my walks again tomorrow, inside. If I walk outside, my neighbor stops me, and I don't feel like talking. Plus I want to keep my heart rate up and he talks for a long time.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you're tired and your body needs to rest? Rest is just as important as exercise. We all have days when we just need to take things easy.

Good for you! Hope you see some results from all your hard work.

I had an hour walk on Wednesday, but I've mainly been doing yoga this week. 90 minutes of Wednesday and Friday and two 60 minute practices on Thursday. I've been working on arm balances and back bends. Someone challenged me to full Dhanurasana. My left arm will do it but not my right. Isn't that weird? I guess it's because I use my right hand for writing and clicking my PC mouse, so it's tightening up my shoulder.

View attachment 383070
Thank you. I hope so too.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Do you guys plan your workouts by the week or month? I'm thinking of doing it by the week, it just seems to make more sense and seems like I would stick to it better.
I do it by the week. Every Sunday, I plan my workouts. On Monday, I will be starting Intermittent Fasting combined with HIIT. I will also add combo exercises or add some weights on my lower body strength training. I still trying to figure things out. I am losing inches and it definitely looks like I lost a little weight, but I do have stubborn fat I have to deal with, so I have to find the best way to get rid of it. I had a hard time the last time I was on a diet, so I know I will hit that brick wall at some point.

I hope you get back into the swing of things. Keep pushing on and don't let lack of motivation or distractions get in the way. I wish you all the best.
OIP.jpeg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Apart from my Weekly Zoom yoga class I don't plan anything. I just go by how I feel, what the weather is like and how much time I have every day.

I did a 90 minute walk followed by 40 minutes of yin yoga/deep stretching yesterday and today.

M maggiedemi the top of your thighs really respond to balance poses. Try this pose. Hold your leg out straight in front for four deep breaths, open out to the side for four breaths, back to the front for another four breaths then repeat with you other leg. Good for your core and your butt. :thumbsup:

1622975059234.png

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I am so bummed! Due to the heat making my insomia worse. I have to postpone my Intermittent fasting till next week. I can not stand these setbacks, but I will keep pushing through. Otherwise I am still doing all exercises, but have to scale back a little.

Hope all is well with everyone. Awesome move Norachan Norachan . I do lunges and squats and I have a front kick, back lunge exercise in my HIIT program. That one really gets my heart raised when I do a whole bunch of reps. :hyper: You are very dedicated to your Yoga. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.