The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you have the energy to skip breakfast? I know that a lot of people do, but I still don't understand how they make it all the way to lunch!
I tried eating breakfast for several months because my doctor told me to. But it was just too much food. I wasn't hungry for my other meals. I just like to eat 2 big meals per day. It will be okay as long as I get enough protein (I'm vegetarian now) and stay at 125 pounds. If I go below that, my doctor lectures me.

AmandaRox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I tried eating breakfast for several months because my doctor told me to. But it was just too much food. I wasn't hungry for my other meals. I just like to eat 2 big meals per day. It will be okay as long as I get enough protein (I'm vegetarian now) and stay at 125 pounds. If I go below that, my doctor lectures me.
Woah I'm staying clear of your doc! I eat 2 breakfasts. 1 small when I get up ~5am like peanut butter, fruit and granola, and then usually around 730am some breakfast pizza or breakfast sandwich from the gas station. I try not to skip a meal but if I do then its dinner because I'm tired

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How do you have the energy to skip breakfast? I know that a lot of people do, but I still don't understand how they make it all the way to lunch!
I never eat anything before noon, usually not until around 2 pm. I guess everyone's metabolic system is different.

It's been raining a lot but I've had some lovely long walks through the forest when it's not pouring too hard. Lots of yoga too. I either do a 90 minutes power routine or a 90 minute walk followed by 30-40 minutes stretching.

I like it now that it's warm enough to actually work up a sweat while I'm exercising.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never eat anything before noon, usually not until around 2 pm.
Yes, I'm the same way. Though 2pm is rather late! My doctor is like no, no, no you must eat breakfast. I tried it and it didn't work for me. I will just add more protein to my other 2 meals.

I'm worried about my yearly physical. My dad said he had to run on the treadmill for them. I'm a terrible runner, I get out of breath so quickly. I'm sure I'll fail the test.

Last edited:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to be doing Intermittent fasting with High Intensity Interval Training in the near future. I have done it for a short while in the past. You can drink black coffee or tea. I used a energy infused green tea with ginseng and other herbs. It gave me the energy to get through the training. I did this 3 times a week. I could eat after 12pm. I lost alot of weight just combining HIIT with Intermittent fasting.

However it is not for everyone. Some people get very irritable and tired exercising without having breakfast first. They would be better off looking into another exercise regiment.
Whatever works for you, that's what you stick too. 🙂

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, I'm the same way. Though 2pm is rather late! My doctor is like no, no, no you must eat breakfast
I have coffee in the morning, then race around taking care of the cats and cleaning the house until my caffeine buzz wears off. Then I do yoga and have lunch after that. Probably not what any doctor would recommend, but I doubt humans evolved on three meals a day. We probably had to hunt or forage for food, or go hungry for a few hours until we could find something to eat. I think having farm animals and stores of food came quite late in terms of evolution.

Not sure how early humans managed without coffee though.

:lol:

90 minutes yoga and a 75 minute walk today.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you eat dinner also? It just sounds like what I do then, eating lunch at 12pm and dinner at 6pm.
I have a late breakfast at 12pm and the dinner in the evening with a small snack in between. I don't eat after dinner. I don't have that big of an appetite. My problem is eating the wrong foods in place of the right ones. I am taking it one day at a time on this diet and seeing what I need to improve. It is not that hard, but I am eating under the recommended calories for my weight, so I have to fix that. Don't want to hit a plateau to early. 😬

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I took my car in for servicing yesterday, and went for a walk while I was waiting. Not sure how long I walked, probably 30 to 40 minutes, but measuring the distance, it was 3.34 km / 2.08 miles. So not bad, for my first walk in weeks.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my car in for servicing yesterday, and went for a walk while I was waiting.
Did you take your walk around town? I did that when dad was in his doctor's office last summer. It was fun having a change of scenery. I love that town anyway, and have always wanted to live there. That's where we do all of our shopping & dad grew up there.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I only managed to do 30 minutes yoga on Friday because I had so many errands to run. I'm sure rushing around like a maniac burns a lot of calories though. Saturday I did two 30 minute yoga routines and a 90 minute walk. Today I did an hour of yoga, a 90 minute walk and then about 30 minutes stretching.

Saw some lovely deer while I was out this afternoon.

Deer66.jpg
Deer67.jpg
Deer65a.jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn't start my exercise program up again yet, but this seems like the perfect time, a new month is starting. I will start tomorrow, a day early so I will actually do it.

I definitely recommend that. Start a day early to make sure that you actually do get started!

Will do my 1 hour stretching exercises at 7am and 2 hour walk at 3pm. Walking inside until July, then will probably go outside.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The project I just got to has elevators in the towers, so no more climbing for a while. I wonder how fast I'll get out of shape!
I used to work on the 16th floor of a building, and the stairwell was accessible on our floor, as well as a few other floors for fire safety reasons, so you might be able to climb between some floors, then take the elevator the rest of the way. It's definitely good exercise!

AmandaRox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used to work on the 16th floor of a building, and the stairwell was accessible on our floor, as well as a few other floors for fire safety reasons, so you might be able to climb between some floors, then take the elevator the rest of the way. It's definitely good exercise!
It doesn't quite work that way for us. I work on wind turbines. You can stop the elevators on 1 of 4 platforms, but you ride it alone and there's no way to remotely send it up or down. Yes, I could climb the ladder instead of using the elevator, but the elevator is often used instead of the tower crane, and so I would be climbing with more tools and equipment on me than I weigh. The elevator doesn't go all the way up, though, maybe 30 ft from the top, so I guess that is a little tiny climb. However I think since the weather is nice now, I will start to bike again. There's a 3mile trail right next to me too

Status
Not open for further replies.