The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Guess I'll be shoveling today, since we're getting several inches of snow. It's blowing too, so will be drifts in places. After today, temps are going to be warm, so it'll melt quickly. But still could have done without it altogether. This is hopefully winter's last hurrah, as spring starts tomorrow. 🌻🥀🌹🌷🌼🌺🌸

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A wide brim sun hat might do the same thing for you as a parasol.
I tried a wide brim hat, but it didn't block the sun from hitting my arms for some reason, I still got burned.

lots of sun block?
I guess I could try sun block again, but my skin is so sensitive. It breaks out if I put anything on it.

Crow Pose to Headstand
Oh good lord, I would probably injure myself doing that. I'm such a tall klutz.

Guess I'll be shoveling today, since we're getting several inches of snow.
Wow. We are actually supposed to be in the 60s this weekend in NY.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Guess I'll be shoveling today, since we're getting several inches of snow.
Oh no! You must be so tired of snow by now.
Oh good lord, I would probably injure myself doing that. I'm such a tall klutz.
I spent a lot of time practicing against a wall before I ever dared doing it in the middle of the room.
;)

Feeling a bit stiff after the horse riding yesterday. I'm going to do a nice long, deep stretch yoga practice this afternoon to try and get over it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wow. We are actually supposed to be in the 60s this weekend in NY.
Hopefully that was the last snow for us this season. Temps are going to be much warmer starting today, so hopefully the snow will melt quickly.

Oh no! You must be so tired of snow by now.
Pretty much. Though, to be honest, we haven't had much snow this year, and the temperatures were mostly above normal all winter. But I hate winter, so it probably seems like I'm complaining here all the time. :lol:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've had a crazy busy week again. I can't remember everything I did, but I know it was an hour walk and 30 minutes stretching yesterday, an hour of yoga and an hour walk today.

Next week is half term so all the little kids I teach will be having a break. That's about a third of my students! And two of the ladies I teach are taking a break because their kids will be at home!

Yay, I'll have enough time for some longer walks and maybe even start on the garden.

:bliss:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have slowly gained back a lot of the weight I had previously lost. We haven't done our evening walks for a while but that wasn't keeping the weight off anyway because it was so short (1 mile). Had lost 50 lbs and have gained back 30. 😭 I need to go behind husband's back and start back on my Thrive again. He claims it's too expensive yet he's fine with the amount he spends monthly on stuff he wants. While taking it, I figured it was just a placebo and I was really losing weight because of me. Apparently not. The Thrive must do something because I had kept the weight off for a long time and it only started creeping back once I stopped using it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've switched to my summer walking shoes and it's actually making a big difference. I bought myself a pair of Caravan hiking boots last year. They're good for the winter, when we have lots of snow and mud, but they're heavy and there's not much flex in them. I switched back to my lighter walking shoes this week and I've found I can walk much further without getting tired. The pain in my ankles and knees is gone too. I guess having an inflexible sole really effects how I walk.

90 minutes of yoga on Friday, 90 minutes walk and an hour of yoga on Saturday.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I still need to get a good pair of walking shoes, both for summer and winter. I have a thin canvass sneaker for summer, which are lightweight, but not sure if it's good for my feet. And I bought a new pair of boots for winter, that I thought were light weight, but were heavy when I actually wore them walking. That said, I didn't walk that much during the winter, and even now still not walking much, as it's either rainy, or windy, or cold. Or all three at once. :sigh:

Maybe once April arrives, things will improve. However, there is that thing about April showers. :ohwell:

1616934469537.png

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to walk the yard several times morning, afternoon and after supper. It's 1/4 acre and up and down small hills but it is still a good workout. Especially when trying to walk through the obstacle course of cats plopping in your way. lol

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if getting my heart rate up helps my sore leg? Because since I've been swinging my arms while walking, my leg feels better. Maybe heart and leg are connected somehow. 🤔

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yesterday wasn't too bad, so I went for an almost 30 minute walk. :)
Headed out a little while ago, but it started to rain on me, so I headed back home. ☔

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I still need to get a good pair of walking shoes, both for summer and winter.
They do make all the difference. Got to have comfy feet.
Maybe heart and leg are connected somehow.
Yes, I bet they are. Improved circulation speeds up healing so increasing your heart rate must pump the blood faster to any injuries you have.

I walked for two hours on Sunday. Ankles fine, right knee fine, left knee a bit tweaky, but better after some stretching and a hot bath.

90 minutes yoga and some very energetic house cleaning on Monday.

90 minutes yoga and about an hour of ward work today.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I did four hours of yardwork today! I'm almost ready to paint the deck and start planting, but I want to wash all the windows and the storm shutters first.

45 minutes of yin yoga after that. That's the kind where you hold each pose for a few minutes and let yourself just sink into it. A very nice thing to do after too much yard work.

:cloud9:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I also did yard work yesterday, but only about 90 minutes. Might get a bit more done today, but after than it's a rainy forecast.🌧 It is April now, so I guess those showers are right on time. :ohwell:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been going out into my garage 3 nights a week to use the Bowflex and do some other strengthening and stretching exercises. Then inside for 20-30 minutes on the elliptical. Waiting till everyone is in bed has been surprisingly great! Its late but I’m a night person. And it means I can crank up my music and no one interrupts me. The time goes so much faster! It’s so much more enjoyable than just using the elliptical.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It snowed this morning! That's crazy... I'm trying to think of more ways to get my heart rate up. Any ideas? Should I do my squats at a faster pace?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Snow! That is crazy! I don't even have snow. Of course, that could always change. But for now it's rain, rain, rain.

About getting your heart rate up, maybe incorporate more stairs in your inside walks. And then once you're outside walking again, pick up your pace a bit. Course that will likely make you sweat. So plan to shower when you finish.

Speaking of heart rate, I went for a fast paced 22 minute walk this morning.

Any of these early cherry blossoms near you, Norachan Norachan

Status
Not open for further replies.