The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well that was a surprise! I finally took my 2 hour walk indoors today, after sitting around depressed for 6 months. I don't know what made me do it, but it's great to be back on track.
Good for you !!!! :clap: And coincidentally, I took an indoor walk around the house yesterday too. Much, much, much shorter than you (only 15 minutes) but also the first one I'd done in a long time. So yay us. :thumbsup:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good for you M maggiedemi !

I've been exercising a lot, but I'm going through a rather manic end of year period so haven't had much time to post recently.

I usually manage to exercise 2 to 3 hours every day, yoga and long walks. A few weeks ago I went to look around an art trail. It was laid out over a big park, through a bit of woodland and ended up in the grounds of a huge temple. There were bits of sculpture in the park, as well as a few small galleries and historic buildings you could look into as you walked. A few pics.

Giant robot and a stairway to heaven
Hokuto10.jpg

I found my dream house!
Hokuto15.jpg

Very friendly museum cat.
Hokuto16_R.jpg

Wild monkeys. There was a big troop of them living in the trees near part of the rail.
Hokuto2_R.jpg
Hokuto4_R.jpg

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you M maggiedemi !

I've been exercising a lot, but I'm going through a rather manic end of year period so haven't had much time to post recently.

I usually manage to exercise 2 to 3 hours every day, yoga and long walks. A few weeks ago I went to look around an art trail. It was laid out over a big park, through a bit of woodland and ended up in the grounds of a huge temple. There were bits of sculpture in the park, as well as a few small galleries and historic buildings you could look into as you walked. A few pics.

Giant robot and a stairway to heaven
View attachment 405075
I found my dream house!
View attachment 405076
Very friendly museum cat.
View attachment 405079
Wild monkeys. There was a big troop of them living in the trees near part of the rail.
View attachment 405080View attachment 405081
I love the Japanese Macaques!!! I seen plenty of nature shows about them. In the coldest months they actually warm themselves by bathing in hot springs in one of the National Parks. Clever Monkeys! Here is a pic below. You are so blessed to live around such wonderful wildlife. 🥰

shutterstock_516042154-680x454.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
In the coldest months they actually warm themselves by bathing in hot springs in one of the National Parks.
Yes, that onsen when the monkeys bathe is really famous. I'd like to go there and take a look one day. The monkeys around here are just famous for stealing vegetables and fruit out of people's gardens.

:lol:

I only got a 40 minute yoga routine done today, as it is the season for Osouji (Big Cleaning) and I had to move a lot of furniture around and mop and vacuum everywhere. Only the bathroom to go and then I'm done.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I did a 30 minute walk around the inside of the house yesterday. The last few minutes I was bored and wanted to quit, but persevered and made the full 30 minutes. Would do an outside walk, but it's gotten cold again, so inside it'll have to be.

Norachan Norachan : that tree house is so cool !!!! As are the monkeys. But they're also a tad creepy with their so human-like faces. Loved that you got to see a cat too. Purrfect, right.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It was freezing yesterday, but I still did an outside walk.
Today was much warmer, and I walked outside again.
Both walks were my usual 20 minutes, or so.

Might even make it 3 for 3, as tomorrow looks like it'll be warmish again.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You're a brave soul. 🥶
Or crazy. LOL

I'm 4 for 4, btw. Yesterday's walk I was overdressed, and actually sweated. Today it's just 32F, and no sun, but also no wind, so almost comfortable since I was dressed for winter. I'm still just under 30 minute walks each day. Another block will get me there, so I'll aim to add just a bit more to my route.

I'm on a roll and hopefully will never stop again.
Good for you being on a roll too. :cheerleader:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday's walk I was overdressed, and actually sweated. Today it's just 32F, and no sun, but also no wind, so almost comfortable since I was dressed for winter.
Wow. You are made of steel to think that's comfortable! :lol: I will be miserable until spring. I need to move down south!
Just my 2 hour indoor walk, as usual today.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wow. You are made of steel to think that's comfortable! :lol:
Don't know about steel, but I seem to be getting used to the winter temps. Mind you, sidewalks are totally bare, so it's just like summer walking, but with a winter coat, boots, hat and mittens.
And, believe it or not, you can feel the sun's warmth when it shines on you. :sunshine:

Don't know how long I'll keep this up, because eventually it's going to snow again, but I did the full 30 minutes today. :thumbsup:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 hour indoor walk again today. I try to do it from 2:30pm to 4:30pm, if I get my dishes done in time. Then I have a coffee as a reward. I'm glad I got started because it seems like there is no stopping me now. And man, it was hard to get started! I never thought I would. It's hard to walk past evil person, clutter, dust, washing machine you can't use, etc for 2 hours. But maybe I'll walk myself back to health & walk right out of here someday soon....:crossfingers:🙌🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.