The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2.6 mile walk today. Went further than I thought I did considering it was broken up into two walks with a quick pit stop at home in between.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Maybe I'll try it when I can get back outside. It has been raining the past 2 days, so I'm taking my 2 hour walk inside again today.
Google maps also lets you measure mileage. Not as you walk, at least not the desktop version, but if you search for your address, go to maps, and right click on your address, "measure distance" comes up, then you just drag your mouse along the route you walked and it will calculate how far you walked. Then there's online calculators that let you put in the distance and time, which calculate how fast you were walking.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably no after work walk for me today as I have a lot going on today but hopefully I will get in the mile walk after dinner with the husband.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got my elliptical time in in the middle of school. I don’t like doing that because I end up teaching something while sweaty and its hard to answer questions while on there huffing and puffing. :lol: But Tuesday I got myself all dressed to work out and never got to. It was just one thing after another. So today I made it happen! 🤪

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, the weather kinda sucked today on my 2 hour walk. It was so cold, even though I was wearing 2 long sleeve shirts, I got a runny nose and of course I don't carry a hanky. So I had to use my sleeve. :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only lasted 2 seconds outside today. It was only 55 degrees and my new corduroy shirt was not warm at all! So disappointing. Back to fleece sweatshirts! I took my 2 hour walk inside, listening to my Goo Goo Dolls and Wallflowers playlist that my dad made for me.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I only lasted 2 seconds outside today. It was only 55 degrees and my new corduroy shirt was not warm at all! So disappointing. Back to fleece sweatshirts! I took my 2 hour walk inside, listening to my Goo Goo Dolls and Wallflowers playlist that my dad made for me.
At 55 you probably need a couple layers. A long sleeve cotton t shirt underneath the corduroy might be warm enough. Otherwise, add a hoodie on top.

I walked today at 36. Had a cotton tshirt under a hoodie and a light jacket on top of that. Pretty comfortable even at that temp.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At 55 you probably need a couple layers. A long sleeve cotton t shirt underneath the corduroy might be warm enough. Otherwise, add a hoodie on top.
Yeah, I didn't really have time, I started walking at 3pm and I didn't want to stop because I wanted to be finished by 5pm so I could have my coffee before dinner. Plus I didn't want to put a shirt over my pretty new corduroy shirt. Next time I will wear a shirt underneath it. I don't have a hoodie. I have a winter puffer jacket.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dad is the worst weatherman. He told me it stopped raining, you should go on your walk. So I headed out. I was freezing at 50 degrees, even though I had a fleece sweatshirt on. Then I get all the way down the road and it starts raining on me. 😭
I was so far away, so I had no choice but to walk back in the wet and cold. Took the rest of my walk inside.

Disappointed in the fleece today! Has anybody tried French Terry sweatshirts? Are they any warmer?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think the motivation is gone for me now. :ohwell:
Oh no. :( Maybe you've been overdoing it, with those long walks. Try shorter ones, maybe. 🤗

Then I get all the way down the road and it starts raining on me. 😭
Don't you go getting yourself sick again. 🤗

I went for my first walk in a while. Only 27 minutes, but better than nothing.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't you go getting yourself sick again.
That's why I came straight back after one lap. I learned my lesson, not to let myself get cold like that again. I might not be able to walk under 60 degrees without my puffer jacket on. But I want to wash it first. Have to go to a laundromat though because of you know who. What a pain. :(

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no. :( Maybe you've been overdoing it, with those long walks. Try shorter ones, maybe. 🤗

Don't you go getting yourself sick again. 🤗

I went for my first walk in a while. Only 27 minutes, but better than nothing.
No, wasn't over doing it. Was actually walking less miles than I was used to doing. Would do 4-5 miles before. I wasn't getting any enjoyment and it became a chore.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Trying to keep motivation is hard. Right now I'm only letting myself read the newest book by one of my favorite authors when I work out. Normally I miss sleep and read it in 1-2 settings. With the start of the school year and things I still don't have a great routine. So that extra motivation helps. Plus her books distract me from the fact that I'm working out. Last winter my kids and I were walking every day and that was nice; but at the same time, it didn't leave me time for as good of a workout. I got steps; but not the heart rate. Now that it's cooler I'd like to walk again with them. I need a new plan I guess.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You've all been doing so well, walking in the cold. It's still warm enough to walk in a t-shirt here.

I've been doing pretty well. lots of walks and yoga every day. I've been redecorating this week. so spent the last four days moving furniture, painting walls and scrubbing floors and windows. The room is looking a lot better. I'm doing yoga at the start and end of every day, to try and get the knots out of my shoulders.

Going for a longer hike tomorrow.

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I'm only letting myself read the newest book by one of my favorite authors when I work out.
I actually read a clothing catalog while I was taking my walk inside the other day! First time I ever did that while walking. :lol:

You've all been doing so well, walking in the cold.
This cold is finally doing me in. I'll have to wear a real coat or just walk inside. It's just too dang cold, November weather already.

Status
Not open for further replies.