The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I had a good day on Friday. 90 minutes of yoga, a 90 minute walk in the pouring rain and then another 45 minutes of yin yoga.

I had to work all day today, but I did an hour of yoga in my break.

It's got to stop raining soon, right?

:crossfingers:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We kayaked yesterday for a good hour. Getting to the spot with 3 kayaks should count as its own workout. :lol: It was about 1/4 of a mile down a trail to get to the launch area and DH forgot the wheels. We first went down to see if the water was calm enough there and then it took several trips to carry them. The back handle broke on our double kayak on the way back so DH had to carry that end in both hands. We got that one used from a kayak rental place so its heavy duty...and heavy! Thankfully DD can help carry hers with breaks. And both kids carried paddles. My arms are sore and hot water hurts my hands. :crazy: Guess I better focus on the weights.:lol2:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ended up going 3 miles and being gone an hour
You're the only one I know who walks for as long as me every day!

Today was so warm! Weird, I felt oddly tired though and my legs hurt like they were going to give out. That has never happened before that I recall. Maybe it's the sugar from my cappuccinos. I know I've been drinking way too many. Maybe I'm just one of those people who reacts badly to sugar. It also makes me depressed too, I think.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was so hot! It felt like summer. Must have been at least 75 degrees. I kinda hope it gets cold again though because I ordered a thermal shirt and a corduroy shirt that I want to try out on my walks.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was so hot! It felt like summer. Must have been at least 75 degrees. I kinda hope it gets cold again though because I ordered a thermal shirt and a corduroy shirt that I want to try out on my walks.
The last two days I have sweated more than normal and earlier on my walks. I wondered if maybe I had a fever or something. Turns out that even though temps have been in the low 70's, the humidity was in the high 80's to low 90's.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When husband and I went for our evening walk, I didn't even get off the Court before having to go back for something. Told husband to keep going and I would catch up. He walks slow.

Head back out and see him down the road. I yell his name as I am speed walking down the road. He turns, looks, waits a few seconds, and starts walking again. I yell, "Stop walking!!". He turns again and stops.

I get up to him and ask why he kept walking. He said my clothes blended into the trees and he couldn't see him. :rolleyes:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was so warm today. I probably should have used my parasol. But I don't think I got a sunburn. 2 hour walk as usual, I do 5 or 6 laps up the road and back. I notice that different music makes me walk at different speeds.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was so warm today. I probably should have used my parasol. But I don't think I got a sunburn. 2 hour walk as usual, I do 5 or 6 laps up the road and back. I notice that different music makes me walk at different speeds.
Any idea how many miles that is? I do about 3 miles in an hour but I can't imagine walking 2 hours straight!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any idea how many miles that is? I do about 3 miles in an hour but I can't imagine walking 2 hours straight!
I have no idea. My brother got me a fitness watch, but I never use it. Maybe I'll try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.