The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cold here in MD too but my walk entails some killer hills so that is mainly when I tend to get hot.
I'll try walking faster today, maybe that will keep me warmer. I have a mock turtleneck and my brother's button up shirt on, it's cotton/polyester, like a flannel but not fuzzy.

I had my fleece jacket on at first, but after a bit I peeled it off, was just in short sleeves.
It's November weather over here in NY, no way I could wear short sleeves.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll try walking faster today, maybe that will keep me warmer. I have a mock turtleneck and my brother's button up shirt on, it's cotton/polyester, like a flannel but not fuzzy.

It's November weather over here in NY, no way I could wear short sleeves.
I am a fast walker by nature. Must be my long legs (5'11 and mostly all legs). My husband hates walking with me because I walk too fast for him. Leave him in the dust. He has to walk in front of me to slow me down. We have been going for one mile walks after dinner the last few days. He is almost 300 lbs so he needs the exercise more than me. He can only do a mile at this point but he isn't totally gassed so that is good.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I walked faster today and it really did help me feel warmer! I wore 2 shirts and socks. I still have my sandals on though, I really need to get better footwear. I found these awesome corduroy boots, but I don't know how practical they are for walking:
1600809781424.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Short sleeves and no fleece jacket.
I know! It was so hot out today! I had 2 long sleeve shirts on. But I think I could have worn short sleeves, I was so hot. Gah! This weather is so hard to predict.

Creepy Guy sold his house & moved. My neighbor that lives down the road stopped to tell me. He said "Honey we are all so happy that you didn't go with him. He's crazy. All of his neighbors are happy that he's leaving. He's a bad guy."

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know! It was so hot out today! I had 2 long sleeve shirts on. But I think I could have worn short sleeves, I was so hot. Gah! This weather is so hard to predict.

Creepy Guy sold his house & moved. My neighbor that lives down the road stopped to tell me. He said "Honey we are all so happy that you didn't go with him. He's crazy. All of his neighbors are happy that he's leaving. He's a bad guy."
Tomorrow too!!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I found these awesome corduroy boots, but I don't know how practical they are for walking:
They're cute! They wouldn't be water proof, so not much use for walking in wet weather. Great for kicking through the autumn leaves in though.

That's good news!

I only got a half hour walk yesterday because there's a typhoon on the way and the rain is coming down sideways. I did two 1 hour yoga sessions though

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, that is great news! You must be so relieved.

It's sunny here today, so I have no excuse not to go for a stroll.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to have to put in some extra miles today. Co-worker got me a donut from Dunkin' for my birthday. Can't tell you the last time I ate a donut.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that is great news! You must be so relieved.
Yeah, but I sure would have liked that washing machine he offered me, and the 2 houses in my name. 😭

What the heck is up with all the huge trucks?! Is it harvest time? I lost count after 50. It was constant for my whole entire 2 hour walk. They were passing me on both sides of the road and blowing dirt in my face. I wish I had sidewalks to walk on. But oh well, must keep moving!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I sure would have liked that washing machine he offered me
:spew:
He offered you a washing machine!? Did he know you wanted one or is that just his regular chat up-line?

"Stick with me babe, and I'll get you that top loading fully automatic you've always dreamed of."
"Oh silly, I bet you say that to all the girls."

:flail:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Going to have to put in some extra miles today. Co-worker got me a donut from Dunkin' for my birthday. Can't tell you the last time I ate a donut.
Happy (belated) Birthday. :bday:

Yeah, but I sure would have liked that washing machine he offered me, and the 2 houses in my name. 😭
I was going to make some sort of comment, but no matter what I posted, it would sound lame next to Norachan Norachan 's perfect reply. :biggrin:

What the heck is up with all the huge trucks?! Is it harvest time? I lost count after 50. It was constant for my whole entire 2 hour walk. They were passing me on both sides of the road and blowing dirt in my face. I wish I had sidewalks to walk on. But oh well, must keep moving!
Good grief. You just got rid of the stalker, and now you have a convoy of trucks to worry about. 🤗

So I did not go for a walk yesterday. But I did more weeding and seeding. :thumbsup: But now I have a sore neck. :hmmm:
Maybe I should have just gone for a walk. :walk:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy (belated) Birthday. :bday:

I was going to make some sort of comment, but no matter what I posted, it would sound lame next to Norachan Norachan 's perfect reply. :biggrin:

Good grief. You just got rid of the stalker, and now you have a convoy of trucks to worry about. 🤗

So I did not go for a walk yesterday. But I did more weeding and seeding. :thumbsup: But now I have a sore neck. :hmmm:
Maybe I should have just gone for a walk. :walk:
Thank you rubysmama rubysmama

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He offered you a washing machine!? Did he know you wanted one or is that just his regular chat up-line?
He offered me a house & vacation home in my name, 2020 truck, and $130,000. When I refused to marry him, he asked me what it would take. He said "Name anything!" I just wanted to see what he would say, so I told him "my own washing machine". Big mistake cause he said Yes!

I know! I didn't know it was called a convoy, but yeah, it was constant. I hope they finished.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took a mile walk with the husband this morning. Went for this one alone. Supposed to do another one mile walk with the husband this evening. Got to make up for not doing one yesterday is the thought process. 😩
20200925_140123.jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Supposed to do another one mile walk with the husband this evening.
Dang! Three walks in one day?! And I thought I was dedicated to my walks. 😲

Those harvest trucks must have been a one day thing. Because there was not much traffic today. Weird.
One farmer did pass me though. Whatever was in his truck smelled so good! It had a super sweet smell, like maybe some sweet oats or some type of cow feed? It smelled so delicious.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dang! Three walks in one day?! And I thought I was dedicated to my walks. 😲

Those harvest trucks must have been a one day thing. Because there was not much traffic today. Weird.
One farmer did pass me though. Whatever was in his truck smelled so good! It had a super sweet smell, like maybe some sweet oats or some type of cow feed? It smelled so delicious.
Neither of us walked yesterday so we had to make up for it. I take 2 walks per day. A longer walk by myself and a 1 mile walk in the evening with husband. Technically I should have taken 4 today so 3 is slacking. :lol:

We did the math and I walked today as much as my husband has done all week (Sat-Fri).

Status
Not open for further replies.