The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Can you walk in the house like I do? You'd be surprised how much space there is. I walk in and out of all the bedrooms, then around the cat room, down the hallways, around living room, around kitchen, and back again. I could use the cellar too, but I don't want the cats down there.
It’s a thought, but I’d have to stroll and I’m not sure I’m capable of that! I have long legs, a Type A personality, and not a lot of patience. I’ve always walked really fast, even when I didn’t have to. You should see me walking through an airport! Used to drive my short mom crazy. :)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It’s a thought, but I’d have to stroll and I’m not sure I’m capable of that! I have long legs, a Type A personality, and not a lot of patience. I’ve always walked really fast, even when I didn’t have to. You should see me walking through an airport! Used to drive my short mom crazy. :)
My mother was always like that...except shes short. I remember trying to keep up with her as a kid. I always felt like I was running!

Sometimes I have to remind DH to consider the legs he's walking with too. :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my 2 hour walk outside today in a flannel shirt. It wasn't warm enough. I need more fleece sweatshirts, but I only have 3. The only other thing I could do is maybe layer 2 long sleeve shirts. Maybe a turtleneck and a flannel together? :think:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only lasted half an hour outside today on my walk. It was just too cold. I finished my 2 hour walk inside.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How cold was it? Usually I warm up after a bit but if its windy sometimes I go for my raincoat/windbreaker. Its Columbia brand so good quality but I caught a deal on Amazon a few years ago. My light coat from Walmart is waterproof everywhere but where the hood is sewn to the neck. 😣

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How cold was it? Usually I warm up after a bit but if its windy sometimes I go for my raincoat/windbreaker.
In the 50s and the wind was really cold. I hate wearing a coat, so I just came inside. I'm going to try layering 2 long sleeve shirts and see if that is warm enough.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The weather is just perfect here. September to November is the best season in Japan.

I stared with an hour of yoga then went horse riding yesterday. Here are a few pictures.

Riding past a cabbage field with Mount Fuji in the distance.
3.jpg

Keita's beautiful brown eye.
2.jpg

These big UFO shaped clouds are a sign that autumn is here.
1.jpg

Susuki grass. Some of these were over our heads, even on horse back.
4.jpg

Mount Fuji and the UFO cloud.
5.jpg

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
The weather is just perfect here. September to November is the best season in Japan.

I stared with an hour of yoga then went horse riding yesterday. Here are a few pictures.

Riding past a cabbage field with Mount Fuji in the distance.
View attachment 351493
Keita's beautiful brown eye.
View attachment 351494
These big UFO shaped clouds are a sign that autumn is here.
View attachment 351495
Susuki grass. Some of these were over our heads, even on horse back.
View attachment 351496
Mount Fuji and the UFO cloud.
View attachment 351497
Those shots of the sky are amazing! What fascinating cloud formations!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's beautiful! Was the ride past all the cabbage stinky? One of the roads I always took to college runs between some cabbage fields and it could really stink in the fall! I went to high school with the wife of that farmer (multi-generational farm at this point) and they lived on the property. She would complain about the smell and he would tell her "Smells like money." :flail:

I got my workout in yesterday. I was still on the elliptical when DH came in carrying pizzas for dinner. :lol::paperbag:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yikes. My arthritic foot which has done amazingly well through months of outdoor walking took a turn yesterday and now I am hobbling around the house. If it continues I may have to go back to a gym to use an elliptical. A scary thought but so is going without exercise.
I wonder if any gyms are hosting senior and at risk hours. I know the stores that are have been doing it early in the morning. But many people go to the gym before work (not this 🐥) so that might not work for them. Mid day might work. 🤔

My neighbor said she went back to taking a class indoors and they are all spread out much farther than the recommendations so she felt safe. Of course she is about 23/24 by my guess. Another friend takes combat fitness classes and they’ve been using the parking lot when they can. But otherwise its limited who can be there so they maintain good distance. She had weight loss surgery a couple years ago so its really important to keep herself moving.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if any gyms are hosting senior and at risk hours. I know the stores that are have been doing it early in the morning. But many people go to the gym before work (not this 🐥) so that might not work for them. Mid day might work. 🤔

My neighbor said she went back to taking a class indoors and they are all spread out much farther than the recommendations so she felt safe. Of course she is about 23/24 by my guess. Another friend takes combat fitness classes and they’ve been using the parking lot when they can. But otherwise its limited who can be there so they maintain good distance. She had weight loss surgery a couple years ago so its really important to keep herself moving.
Worth checking into. The good thing is that I have Silver Sneakers through my health insurance. That lets me use a huge number of gyms at no cost or commitment, so I can check out all of them to see which has the healthiest set up.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Worth checking into. The good thing is that I have Silver Sneakers through my health insurance. That lets me use a huge number of gyms at no cost or commitment, so I can check out all of them to see which has the healthiest set up.
Oh that sounds great! I know pre-pandemic my FIL was using the university’s fitness center through a special program and talked about the air filtration they had. I bet others will try to advertise that at some point. Some teachers were raising funds to buy air purifiers for their classrooms and my kids dentist has one over every chair too.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Went for a 25 minute walk around the neighbourhood, then came home a puttered out in the back yard garden.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took my two hour walk outside today. I tried a velour shirt, but it wasn't warm enough. Now I got the sniffles again. Fleece seems to be the only material that keeps me warm, but I only got 4 of them and they are all in the wash. You know how that goes around here. I'll get some more if we get the second stimulus check. :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.