The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 hour walk inside all week. Not sure if I'm going back outside today or not. It got cold all of a sudden! I'm not sure how to dress.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't expecting it to be so cold today. I froze on my walk, but I'm so stubborn that I stayed out for the whole 2 hours. It was so cold! Now I'm sneezing, my throat & head hurt, and I don't feel good. I hope it passes. I got some sweatshirts today, so I hope those help. If not, I guess I will take my walks inside. It feels like November out there!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's still pretty warm here. I've been dodging typhoons recently, but I've had a couple of long walks in the past few weeks and yoga every day. I'm going horse riding this week, if the weather cooperates.

I didn't get a ride in August at it was too hot. I bet the ponies have missed me.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wish I could post and say I've been walking everyday, but ... uhm ... not. :sigh:
Maybe this afternoon though. 🚶‍♀️

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when you get stuck in a hospital bedridden for a few months it really gives meaning to use it or lose it its amazing how weak a body can become from not moving or being able to move my advice would be just keep moving be on your feet walk laps around your house play with your cat keep all your muscles moving and working everyday all the muscle tone will help your recovery if the unexpected ever happens and you end up unable to move like i did after my stroke

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
when you get stuck in a hospital bedridden for a few months it really gives meaning to use it or lose it its amazing how weak a body can become from not moving or being able to move my advice would be just keep moving be on your feet walk laps around your house play with your cat keep all your muscles moving and working everyday all the muscle tone will help your recovery if the unexpected ever happens and you end up unable to move like i did after my stroke
Sorry you went through that. Hope you're fully recovered now, or well on the way to a full recovery. 🤗

I'm sick, so I took my walk inside today. Lesson learned, it's dangerous to let myself get that cold. I'll never make that mistake again.
Hope you feel better soon. And don't overdo the walking, especially if you're not feeling well. 🤗

So I did go for a short walk yesterday. Only 21 minutes, but it was better than nothing. Even when I'm not walking, I have been doing my usual puttering in the garden, and now that the summer drought is over and the grass is growing again, I've been mowing the lawn. I also put down some grass seed in bare spots, so I've been dragging the hose around the yard to keep the seeds, and now new grass blades, watered.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Washing windows
It's on my to-do list.
:cringe:
Even when I'm not walking, I have been doing my usual puttering in the garden
I've been doing some gardening too. I decided to dig up all the wild hosta that were growing here and there and transplant them all to an area that gets more sun. I gave them some extra fertilizer too
🐴

First night the raccoon dug a few of them back up again, but they weren't damaged and he's left them alone ever since.

90 minutes of yoga today.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may have to go walk in the mall!
Can you walk in the house like I do? You'd be surprised how much space there is. I walk in and out of all the bedrooms, then around the cat room, down the hallways, around living room, around kitchen, and back again. I could use the cellar too, but I don't want the cats down there.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm doing better with more workouts; but not back to 5 days a week yet. It's cooling off so hopefully DH and I can finish reorganizing the garage so we can get to the Bowflex. I bought a new pair of athletic pants because most of mine are threadbare. It's got a lot more spandex than I'm used to and I don't know how I feel about that. There is no drawstring to hold them up so I get it. But geeze the squeeze gave me a muffin top! And the size is what I've been wearing all along from even before I lost weight! :hmmm: I am not a sausage stuffing myself into casing! :lol::crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.