The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nobody stopped me on my walk this weekend, it was really quiet out, not many cars. So I was dancing in the road to my Bon Jovi playlist that my dad made me. 2 hour walk and 1 hour stretching... I have to start going to physical therapy for my right leg this week, so that will be even more exercise. I'm not sure how long the sessions are. I have to call them today.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's starting to get a bit cooler here. I've been able to do some long walks in the past week or so. I've started doing a 45 minute or one hour Vinyassa yoga practice, then a walk and then an hour of yin yoga after that. I'm finding it really helpful to do some longer holds in a very gentle flow after walking. My legs don't feel as tired as they usually do after longer walks.

I went paddle boarding and swimming in the lake again last Friday too. I guess we'll have a couple more chances to swim in the lake before it gets too cold.

How's everyone else doing? M maggiedemi is that weird guy leaving you alone?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's starting to cool off here, as well, so I'm hoping to get back into regular walking again soon. Unfortunately, it will keep cooling off, until walking becomes uncomfortable, due to the cold. :cold: Hopefully that's still a long way off though. :sunshine:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
is that weird guy leaving you alone?
He told me he was moving away if I don't marry him. I haven't seen him since, so maybe he did.

Unfortunately, it will keep cooling off, until walking becomes uncomfortable, due to the cold. :cold: Hopefully that's still a long way off though.
The first week of November is when it gets really cold. I needed a puffer jacket last year.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Still a lot of daily chores. The daily handwatering is something we're doing differently this year, --the roses positively love it!! But it does take time :)

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The daily handwatering is something we're doing differently this year, --the roses positively love it!!
Oooh, show us some pictures! I love roses, but they won't grow up here.

I had a nice long walk in a rain-soaked forest on Wednesday. 2 hours through the woods, plus an hour of yoga. Just 45 minutes yoga today, because my schedule has been so hectic.

Day off tomorrow!

:woo:

Going for a hike if the weather is nice.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love roses, but they won't grow up here.
We just missed some of the red roses - the heat we were having was scorching the edges of the petals and they weren't able to last more than a day, but in spite of the temperatures, the leaves on several of the plants are incredibly beautiful this year. In previous years by this time of the season, we'd be having plants that would be feeling quite sorry for themselves :)

Attachments

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We just missed some of the red roses - the heat we were having was scorching the edges of the petals and they weren't able to last more than a day, but in spite of the temperatures, the leaves on several of the plants are incredibly beautiful this year. In previous years by this time of the season, we'd be having plants that would be feeling quite sorry for themselves :)
Ah, the famous and rare hairy black rose in that third pic. You’re lucky to have one! :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was busy in the garden the past 2 days. Enlarged my Day Lily bed, so dug them all out, and added soil, and replanted all of them. Doesn't sound like much when I type it, but it took several hours both days. So I think I got my exercise for this week.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided to stop doing my hour of stretching exercises. I just hate getting all sweaty and I wasn't really seeing any results from it. I was trying to tighten up my cottage cheese thighs/butt. That is the only place I have extra fat. So annoying.

I took my 2 hour walk inside this week, probably until Monday. I want to avoid creepy guy. He was getting really weird, "What would it take for you to come with me? Name anything! " :rolleyes:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
the plants are incredibly beautiful this year
Very nice! My Grandmother used to grow roses. She used to swear by crushed egg shells around the bottom of them. South West England probably has a lot more moderate temperatures than your area gets though.
Enlarged my Day Lily bed, so dug them all out, and added soil, and replanted all of them. Doesn't sound like much when I type it, but it took several hours both days
Good for you! I'm thinking of digging up some of the wild hostas and transporting them to a different part of the garden. It would be nice to have them all in one place so the flowers look more impressive. I'll wait until the mozzies have died off though, they're pretty ferocious at the moment.

It rained really heavily yesterday, so I didn't get to hike. I did a grocery and laundry run though, and noticed that the sports store was having a sale. I got a new yoga mat for $6! A purple one! And it's as soft and sticky as a freshly baked bun.

:cloud9:

90 minutes of yoga yesterday.

🧘‍♀️💜🧘‍♀️💜🧘‍♀️💜🧘‍♀️💜🧘‍♀️💜🧘‍♀️💜🧘‍♀️💜🧘‍♀️💜🧘‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.