The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother bought me a smartphone to take on my walks because a creepy guy stopped me 3 times and proposed to me. 😳
He stops me on this part of the road that is all forest.

There also was a bear spotted, right where I walk. I don't know if he was waiting to eat me. I haven't walked on that road for 2 weeks now, after my neighbor warned me.

Also encountered a snarling pitbull! But I used my special dog whispering powers on him. I told him he was a good boy & that I loved him. That shocked him and he shut right up. 😆

Forest.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, your walks are eventful M maggiedemi I see a lot of deer and pheasants while I'm out and I meet a few friendly collies, but that's about it.

The monsoon has finally finished so I've been able to get some long walks in, as well as my regular yoga practice. I'm going to the garden center to get some more plants on Friday. May as well make a start on the garden again now it's nice enough to sit outside.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've been slacking a bit in regards to formal exercises although there's been yard work et al, but now that it's cooling off a little bit I'll hopefully have more motivation 😉

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I went for a walk yesterday! An actual, purposeful stroll around the neighbourhood. Then once I came home, I did some garden work. Sweated buckets, but was pleased with the progress I made. So a good exercise day for me, yesterday. Today, so far, not so good. :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my 2 hour walk in the rain yesterday. That was a bad idea. I was wearing sandals and my feet were in the puddles and the wind was so cold! I got all soggy and muddy. My umbrella didn't work well because the rain came at me from the sides. I'm surprised I didn't get sick. It looks like it dried up today.

I also did my hour of stretching and Shakira hip shaking dance moves after dinner. Demi hates it when I exercise for some reason, so I have to put him over on his blankie and pet him every now and then or he cries. :vancat:❤

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Sweated buckets, but was pleased with the progress I made
It's been very sweaty here too, but I'm not complaining. I'd rather have the heat and humidity than the rain.

90 minutes of yoga and a one hour walk today. I waited until 5 pm before I went for my walk. After 5 or, if I can ever get up early enough, before 10 am seems to be the best time to walk.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's been very sweaty here too, but I'm not complaining. I'd rather have the heat and humidity than the rain.
I thought you were going to say you'd rather have heat and humidity than snow. Or at least that's how I feel. As for rain, we could really use some, as it's been another hot and dry summer. My front lawn, which facing south, is totally scorched.

Speaking of humidity, we're at 100% right now, so rather icky, but still better than cold and snow. ;)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I walked on the road where the bear was seen yesterday. It didn't come out and eat me, so that's good. If I use both roads, I only need to pass my neighbors' houses 3 times instead of 6 times, so I prefer that.

A lady stopped me to ask why I was carrying an umbrella if it wasn't raining. I forgot about Corona and leaned my head into her car to talk to her. Whoops! No masks.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I thought you were going to say you'd rather have heat and humidity than snow. Or at least that's how I feel.
I don't mind the snow at all, the cold doesn't bother me and it's always so pretty. We have very wet, hot summers and sometimes monsoon season runs into typhoon season. I've had enough rain for a while.

I went paddle boarding yesterday. I couldn't keep my balance standing, like real paddle boarders do, but it was just as much fun kneeling on the board. Good exercise for your arms, but it works your legs too. I'm feeling it in my thighs today.

PB1.jpg
PB2.jpg

It's a pretty big lake.
PB3.jpg

Made it to the other side! These rocks are part of the lava flow from when Mt Fuji erupted.
PB5.jpg
PB6.jpg

If you get tired you can just float on the paddle board and take a rest.
PB9.jpg

The lake is nice for swimming in too.
PB14.jpg

So, about an hour and a half of paddling and swimming yesterday. 90 minutes yoga today.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, Norachan Norachan ! Great exercise in a gorgeous place!

I’d love to see some rain but without the lightning that starts the wildfires that are such a danger where I live. It’s hot and dry all summer so I’ve been leaving the house at about 7 a.m. to get my three miles in before it gets too hot to walk comfortably.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We have very wet, hot summers and sometimes monsoon season runs into typhoon season. I've had enough rain for a while.
It's been very dry here, and my my front lawn is simply scorched. So feel free to send some of your rain this way.

I went paddle boarding yesterday.
What a beautiful location. Looks like a good workout too.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've done pretty well this week. 90 minutes yoga and a 90 minute walk on Saturday, Monday, Tuesday and today. Just 90 minutes yoga on Sunday and Wednesday.

I might have a bit of a break tomorrow. The garden needs some love.

:heartshape:

How's everyone else doing? Still struggling with this heat?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to walk 3-4 miles every day after work. Went from 225 lbs to 160 lbs. Unfortunately the walking ceased and 10-15 lbs have crept back onto my belly. :ohwell: I really need to get back to using Le-Vel Thrive and walking again. Maybe in the Fall when it gets cooler. I loved walking in the cold better anyway. No sweating!!

This photo is from when I was down to 170 before but being at that weight again now, I feel fatter than I did back then. I guess because before I was over 200 lbs so 170 seemed skinny to me. I am also 5'10" so that helps with weight distribution too. :lol:
PhotoGrid_1550420979710.jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same as always, 2 hour walk and 1 hour stretching exercises. Heat, rain, pitbulls, bears, crazy kidnappers. Nothing keeps me from my walk. That creepy old guy stopped me for the 4th time yesterday. He was on a motorcycle this time and he got off and started to come towards me. I yelled out "Stay back! Corona!" Thankfully he listened.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same as always, 2 hour walk and 1 hour stretching exercises. Heat, rain, pitbulls, bears, crazy kidnappers. Nothing keeps me from my walk. That creepy old guy stopped me for the 4th time yesterday. He was on a motorcycle this time and he got off and started to come towards me. I yelled out "Stay back! Corona!" Thankfully he listened.
I was like that back when I did my daily walks. But the only thing that approached me were deer, black snakes, turtles, and one muskrat. I would always pass a beaver dam but never saw any beavers.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That creepy old guy stopped me for the 4th time yesterday. He was on a motorcycle this time and he got off and started to come towards me. I yelled out "Stay back! Corona!" Thankfully he listened.
Please be careful when you're out there walking, M maggiedemi . He might be totally harmless, but then again, he might not be. And since you're pretty predictable with your walks, maybe try changing the times a bit, just so he can't always know when to expect you.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He might be totally harmless, but then again, he might not be.
He said "I'd love to throw you on the back of this motorcycle." He says the creepiest things. He told me he carries a gun. He didn't have one this time because he was on his motorcycle. But he told me that all the other times, he had a gun in his truck when he stopped me.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
He said "I'd love to throw you on the back of this motorcycle."
That's terrible. You have a cell phone, right? Next time you see him get your phone out and start filming him. Don't speak to him directly, but say something like "I'm filming this man who has just stopped me and made threatening remarks." so your voice is recorded on your phone. If you can get the reg of his bike or truck on film, even better.

That usually makes people back off, but I recommend you show the film to your dad, brother and the local police.

People get abducted all the time and this guy sounds like he is stalking you. Make sure people know he is bothering you

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sweetie, not telling you what to do, but I SO agree with Norachan Norachan . I ended up living in North Carolina because I was running from a stalker. And was definitely in danger for my life. Video him. Get as much of his face and vehicle as possible. SEND IT immediately so someone you trust. And LET HIM KNOW THAT YOU HAVE! Creepy guys on motorcycles have been known to follow through on things like that. I know this for fact, having been married to a biker many years ago.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I just did an hour of gentle yoga on Friday, because it was too hot and sticky for anything else.

Saturday Mr Husband cut all the grass in the enclosure, so I raked it into piles and dragged out all the dead branches. Then an hour of yoga after that. Today was a 90 minute walk and some stretching.

The enclosure is looking so nice now. I'll have to get some pictures tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.