The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeannem

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I walk the treadmill for 30 minutes every day. If I am feeling good I do 10 minutes at 1 MPH and 20 minutes at 2 MPH. I warm up first, then cool down. I try to do 20 minutes at 1 MPH in the afternoon. I do stretches in the every morning after I get dresses. They help get this aging body working. I have been doing more this week crawling on the floor to pet Suki.
j

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was so cold. I forgot to put socks on, I just had my sandals on, and I was freezing on my 2 hour walk. I really like walking on the road in front of the house. It's a brand new road and it feels so smooth on my feet. I was stretching my legs out behind me as I walked, I probably looked ridiculous! But it felt like a good workout. :thumbsup:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday on my walk, the neighbor's little girl waved and said Hi to me every time I passed by. After 50 times, she asked me "Why do you keep going by?" Hee hee. :lol:

I can't help it, there are only 2 other houses on my road and the rest is forest filled with coyotes and who knows what else, plus I don't want to get kidnapped. So I just end up going back and forth on a small patch of the road. I would like to walk farther, but I'm afraid.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been doing a lot of weeding around my gardens. That’s been my workout. Not so much cardio; but I’m getting steps and stretches in. Some of my muscles were quivering tonight trying to reach around the rose bushes. I think I need a rest day. My feet were angry last night even after rolling them out. I might soak them in some epsom salts tonight.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's been a long hard week! I worked all weekend, but did 45 minutes power yoga at the end of each day to get myself moving again.

Monday I had to do some major cleaning. First dry day for ages, so all the bedding had to be hauled outside to air, laundry done and floors mopped and vacuumed. It's moulting season, some of those dust bunnies were big enough to take on a cat.

:lol:

An hour of yoga after that. Tuesday I did 90 minutes yoga and an hour walk, today just 90 minutes yoga.

Can I have my day off soon please?

:runaround:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, we've been neglecting our exercise motivation thread!

:paperbag:

I have been exercising a lot. The monsoon has been torrential so far this year, so I've only managed about one walk a week. I've been doing lots of yoga though. It's warm here, so I'm more flexible than usual. I'm getting better at backbends.

Last Friday I had my first trip out of the prefecture this year. We went to Omurayama, which may be the cutest volcano in the world. Had a nice walk by the coast as well.

A few pics.

Omuryama seen from the park at the bottom.
IMG20200626115333.jpg

They don't let people climb up as they don't want the sides of the volcano to be damaged. We had a very sedate chair lift to the top instead.
IMG20200626121229.jpg

Very windy at the top!
IMG20200626122305.jpg

View down into the crater.
IMG20200626123329.jpg

Some pictures of the coast. The walking trail came a little too close to the edge for my liking in some places.
IMG20200626132913.jpg
IMG20200626133107.jpg
IMG20200626133530.jpg

How's everyone else doing lately?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Except for gardening, no exercise worth mentionin
That's better than nothing. Gardening is hard work.
Still treadmilling, yard work, the exercise combo, and maybe I'll be adding bicycling to the mix
Sounds like a good mix.
:cheerleader:

I did 90 minutes of yoga today. It's very humid here, so that helps with flexibility.

I fear most of tomorrow's exercise will be hauling dead wood out of the enclosure. We've got a storm going through, the power has already been knocked out twice and I can hear branches crashing down every time the wind blows.

:ohwell:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Our Exercise Motivation thread was five pages back!

:noway:

I have been exercising, mainly indoors as the weather has been so miserable. On the days it has been too wet to walk I've tried to do two 1 hour long yoga sessions. I had a long walk yesterday as it wasn't raining. Some of the puddles are so deep and have been there for so long they have tadpoles in them!

I expected to see a very soggy looking forest, but there are loads of wild flowers out. It gives me hope for my garden.

Just an hour of yoga today, but I'm planning to go horse riding tomorrow.

:bliss:

How's everyone else been doing?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm getting back to a good routine. This week has been hard. It took a few days to get back my stamina; but I found increasing the incline on my elliptical actually helped. It was both harder and easier if that makes sense. I am looking for a few more small dumbells to do some weights inside. Nothing crazy; it's just way too hot to be in the garage.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I want to get back into doing yard work......as soon as this pesky monsoon is over.

Good news: It didn't rain today! We went horse riding and, apart from a couple of ominous rolls of thunder, it was nice weather.

Our guide's horse threw a show the first time we cantered, so we all had to get off and look for it. Shoes are expensive and this was a new set.

Here are Tsubasa and Sakie stuffing their faces with summer grass helping us search.
Horses110.jpg
Horses111_R.jpg

I have some video too, but it needs editing before I post.

90 minutes horse riding and 45 minutes yoga today.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even with a bad shoulder I've been able to stay in better shape. I started utilizing the apartment pool. I just do some laps with my kickboard and it's tiring and really helps. I try to do it twice a week. Would be good to up it to 3 but with the stress of buying a house I don't sleep too well sometimes and I'm too tired to swim. I walk whenever there's a break in the Texas heat. If it's below 90 at 7pm I'm willing to walk! I know a lot of people on here think 60 is hot. Hehe.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
went for a run for the first time since March last night. It was about 80 degrees and real humid, but the rain had cleared so the air was at least not as polluted as usual.
Was one of my worse times ever, but at least I was out. I walk at least 25km a week and go for bike rides regularly, but since there's no football or soccer I've lost whatever running ability I might've had and have gained some weight. I don't necessarily care about weight, but I can't expand anymore since I just got new jeans and I only get new pants twice a year when my parents send me a package from the states!
Going to aim to get out again on Sunday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.