The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I went for a walk this afternoon and got caught in a thunder storm, but the forest looked so fresh and green afterwards it was worth getting soaked for.
Should have been carrying an umbrella! ⛈

So, I was using my umbrella for the sun, but then in the second hour, it started to rain! How convenient to already have an umbrella with me. :lol:
Who knew you'd be using your umbrella for more than sun protection! ☔

Walking on that road is scary, because it's all forest except for that one house. A coyote could get me, or I could be kidnapped and nobody would know.
Hmmm... maybe your brother should get you a cell phone next. 📱

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maybe your brother should get you a cell phone next.
I'm not sure if a cell phone would work on that road, it's all forest. Dad has one, it's just a flip phone that you buy minutes for, not a smartphone. He only turns it on when he has to call me from town. I'll ask him if I can try it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not sure if a cell phone would work on that road, it's all forest. Dad has one, it's just a flip phone that you buy minutes for, not a smartphone. He only turns it on when he has to call me from town. I'll ask him if I can try it.
Might be a good idea to carry it with you, just in case you needed to contact someone.

I didn't go for a walk today, but dug weeds and put down soil and grass seeds, so got 3 hours of outdoor exercise.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Should have been carrying an umbrella!
My arms were too tired to hold one up after all the yoga.
;)
I'm not sure if a cell phone would work on that road, it's all forest.
Is it legal to carry bear spray or something like that in your state? I'm thinking more for coyotes than anything else. If you get surrounded by them you'd need something to keep them away until your dad or brother can come out and help you.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it legal to carry bear spray or something like that in your state? I'm thinking more for coyotes than anything else. If you get surrounded by them you'd need something to keep them away until your dad or brother can come out and help you.
I don't know. Usually the coyotes here leave people alone. But I'm scared the entire time I'm walking on that road. I like walking on the road to the right, since there are more houses, but puppy lives on the forest road to the left.

I stayed on the driveway today. I tried to use the FitBit watch my brother sent me, but it turned off as soon as I got outside. Maybe I need to bring the ipad with me? It would be hard to carry it though, it's rather big.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I tried to use the FitBit watch my brother sent me, but it turned off as soon as I got outside. Maybe I need to bring the ipad with me?
Hmmm... that's strange. It's needs to be near the ipad to sync all your info on the app, but definitely should still record your steps, heart rate, etc. without being near the ipad. :dunno:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... that's strange. It's needs to be near the ipad to sync all your info on the app, but definitely should still record your steps, heart rate, etc. without being near the ipad.
Dad isn't helping me with the FitBit watch. Apparently he is only interested in music! I need help to work this thing.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's still raining here.

:hmmm:

I've decided I need a new pair of boots before I do any more long walks, my old ones are pretty battered and they let water in. I did 90 minutes of yoga Sunday and today.

I found a video on YouTube of Sri K Pattabhi Jois teaching Ashtanga to advanced students.

:thud:

It's insane! It's not even human. It's like......Snake Monkey levels of strength and flexibility. I'll never be able to do that, but it was inspiring to watch it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've decided I need a new pair of boots before I do any more long walks
I thought I preferred my washable sandals, but my feet are getting so sweaty and washing my sandals every single day isn't practical, is it?...So I was thinking what's the difference? And at least I can wear socks with sneakers and change them every day. So maybe I will switch back to sneakers.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
So maybe I will switch back to sneakers.
I couldn't decide between sneakers or hiking boots. I tried a few different pairs of both on. Should I splash out on an expensive pair of boots that would be good all year round or just get sneakers for the summer? Or maybe a pair of light weight boots just for the summer?

After about 20 minutes of trying things on and struggling to breath through a mask I decided to get these. They're purple! They were reduced to 6,000 yen!

1591191815367.png

One hour of yoga and an hour walk today.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided to get these. They're purple!
I like the grayish color. I don't think I ever had a pair of gray shoes and that's one of my favorite colors. I'll have to look for a pair.

I got the fitness watch to work. I forget how many steps it said, it was over 6,000! The face still shuts off though, must be a screen saver. It's annoying.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The face still shuts off though, must be a screen saver. It's annoying.
That makes sense. Mine used to turn on whenever I raised my arm, which was really annoying at night (bright light) so I set it to only come on when I push the button. I know yours isn't a actual Fitbit, but there might be a similar setting that would keep it on all the time, or when you raise your arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.