Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Treadmill and weights :)
At the same time? Impressive!

:lol:

I did an hour of yoga and walked for an hour on Thursday. I started with 30 minutes yoga yesterday, then went for a 2 and 1/2 hour hike in The Suicide Forest. The entrances to the main hiking trails are roped off, but I know another trail that isn't signposted so doesn't get many people hiking on it. We didn't see another soul the whole time we were walking.

Beautiful walk, but definitely one of the spookier parts of the forest.

Walks303_R.jpg
Walks307_R.jpg
Walks308_R.jpg
Walks304_R.jpg
Walks305_R.jpg
Walks306_R.jpg
Walks314_R.jpg
Walks311_R.jpg

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh..look at everyone complaining it's hot, it's cute lol. Been upper 80s/low 90s here and muggy! Spring for us means storms. The humidity makes it feel like it's 5 degrees worse or something. I took a walk today at 7pm and I was just drenched in sweat afterwards! Makes me feel like I did something I guess lol.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to start going out for my walk at 3pm. I got a massive sunburn at 2pm. I can't tell if going out later at 3pm makes any difference though, 'cause I'm already red as a lobster. :lol: This week was Merle Haggard playlist. Next week dad is making me Johnny Cash. 👍

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ouch. Make sure you wear lots of sunscreen. Can you walk in the mornings? Like before 11. Course then, since you live in the country, you'd probably be bothered by black flies and mosquitoes. :(

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure you wear lots of sunscreen. Can you walk in the mornings? Like before 11. Course then, since you live in the country, you'd probably be bothered by black flies and mosquitoes.
I don't have any sunscreen. It breaks out my sensitive skin. I'm going to try a sombrero today. If that doesn't work, dad has an umbrella I could carry. No, I can't really get out any earlier it seems. By the time I do my coffee, feed cats, scoop litter, Facebook, Email, TCS, shower, get dressed, lunch, dishes and other housework, it is 2pm.

I am getting bit up a little bit by black flies, but not too bad. Mosquitoes don't appear to be out yet.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't need the sombrero on my 2 hour walk today. It rained earlier and the sun wasn't hot. Dad made me a Johnny Cash playlist and I already found some songs that I love. I put a piece of paper & a pen in the breezeway, so I can run in when I hear a good song and jot down the lyrics. It's not an ipod, so it doesn't list the titles of the songs.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've been doing pretty well so far this week. 1 hour of yoga on Saturday, 30 minutes of yoga on Sunday (Spent the rest of the afternoon on the next stage of my Lockdown Project. :jive:)

90 minutes of yoga on Monday, an hour of yoga and a 90 minute walk today.

It's raining here too M maggiedemi , but the forest is really nice in the rain.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It must have been close to 100 degrees out there today. I wanted to quit after 5 minutes! I was really dragging my feet in the second hour. But I made it. I think I still got sunburned through the umbrella. Maybe it's the wrong type of umbrella? It's just a regular rain one.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure you drink lots of water when you're exercising that long in the extreme heat. And not sure about the umbrella, as when it's that hot I stay in the shade.
Yeah, I drink 2 waters after dinner always anyway. Well I tried to make my own shade with the umbrella! But it didn't work. My head and arms were really hot, so I could tell it wasn't working.

My brother got me a FitBit! I think it's a FitBit. One of those thingys that tells your heart rate and steps? Hopefully dad can help me hook it up. My brother also sent me a digital music player, I was telling him about dad's awesome playlists. :thumbsup:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Maybe it's the wrong type of umbrella? It's just a regular rain one.
You need a proper parasol. You can get them made of special UV cut material so you don't get sun burnt through them. Japanese ladies are very careful about avoiding sun burn and have matching parasols and elbow length gloves. So elegant!

I did a 75 minute Ashtanga practice today. :sweat: Ashtanga is hard!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My brother got me a FitBit! I think it's a FitBit. One of those thingys that tells your heart rate and steps? Hopefully dad can help me hook it up. My brother also sent me a digital music player, I was telling him about dad's awesome playlists. :thumbsup:
A Fitbit and a digital music player! Your brother's the best. :redheartpump:

You will LOVE the Fitbit. I can't wait to hear how many steps you walk a day! And I'm sure your father will figure it out, but maybe this will help too. How to Set Up and Start Using Fitbit for iPhone and iPad

Speaking of walking, I should go for my walk now, before it gets too hot.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Out for a walk this morning. Temp was 70 but humidity was 77% so it was very sticky out there and wonderful to come back to the cool comfort of the house. I don’t have air conditioning on now but am running the furnace fan which dehumidifies the house and makes a huge difference.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG. It was so hot outside today that I only walked for 1 hour and 15 minutes, then I had to come back inside. I had to take my socks off while I was out there. I seriously wanted to strip, it was so hot. I need to buy some shorts!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I need to buy some shorts!
Or capris. :evilgrin:

I went for my walk yesterday morning before it got too hot. Then last night mowed the lawn, so I had a good day of exercise.

Today I'll probably go for another morning walk. Then if it's not too hot, I'm going to put down some grass seed in some bare/weedy spots in the lawn.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thursday was my busy day, but I managed two 35 minute yoga sessions between lessons. Today I attempted the full Ashtanga primary series, which takes 90 minutes. It's hard! I had to modify most of the poses in the last 20 minutes of the practice. I'm sure only 14 year old gymnasts can do poses like those.

🧘‍♀️o_O

I went for a walk this afternoon and got caught in a thunder storm, but the forest looked so fresh and green afterwards it was worth getting soaked for.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I was using my umbrella for the sun, but then in the second hour, it started to rain! How convenient to already have an umbrella with me. :lol: I had my sandals on with no socks, so that was perfect too. Walked by my neighbor's house and saw "my" puppy. Walking on that road is scary, because it's all forest except for that one house. A coyote could get me, or I could be kidnapped and nobody would know.

Status
Not open for further replies.