The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It turned out to be a great day with temps in the low 60’s so I just had to take my metal detector out. All I found was a few dimes and pennies but it felt wonderful just to be out. Detecting requires a lot of bending, squatting and digging so arms, legs and back really get a workout. I am sure I will feel it tomorrow.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my walk for an hour outside, but the wind tried to kill me again, so I came inside for the second hour. The UPS guy blasted his horn at me and scared the crap out of me. What does that mean, get 6 feet back from me?

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't get out last night. I ordered dinner for delivery and it took longer than usual to arrive, which threw off my whole schedule. By the time I'd taken my clothes to the laundromat to use the dryer there it was already 10:30. Will try again tonight! On the plus side, I finished a book I was reading, so at least my brain got a workout.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Two hours of yard work and 40 minutes yoga yesterday.

About four hours of yard work today. I think this week's exercise is going to be mainly yard work. I've started rather a major project and at the moment I'm at the "Oh Lord, what have I done!?" stage.

I'm sure it will all work out in the end though. At least it's keeping me occupied.

:lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just going to do my 2 hour walk from now on. I'm going to stop the hour of leg stretching at night. I'm losing too much weight. I didn't realize it until I took my first selfie. 120 pounds is way too skinny for my height of 5'9. I look like a skeleton. I had no idea because I thought I looked fine in the mirror. Glad I caught it in time. No way can I go to the doctor May 20th looking like this. I'll need to put on about 10 pounds to have my face look normal again. :eek2:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm just going to do my 2 hour walk from now on. I'm going to stop the hour of leg stretching at night. I'm losing too much weight. I didn't realize it until I took my first selfie. 120 pounds is way too skinny for my height of 5'9. I look like a skeleton. I had no idea because I thought I looked fine in the mirror. Glad I caught it in time. No way can I go to the doctor May 20th looking like this. I'll need to put on about 10 pounds to have my face look normal again. :eek2:
That's less than I weight, and I'm only 5'5". So definitely too low for your height. :hugs:

Till you gain some weight back, maybe cut your walking back too. And add more higher calorie foods to your diet, like nuts and nut butters, full-fat milk/yogurt/ice cream, and avocados.

Here's an excerpt from High-Calorie Vegetarian Foods | Livestrong.com

"High-calorie vegetarian foods include avocados, nuts, seeds, whole grains, full-fat dairy products like cheese and whole milk, soy products, beans, dried fruit, fruit juices, eggs, plant oils and margarine. In addition, many energy bars are high in calories but nutritionally balanced. Registered dietitian Donna Paglia of Vegetarian Nutrition also names some high-calorie vegetarian dishes, such as burritos, pizza, fries and fried foods, and creamy soups, which incorporate many of the above ingredients."

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to get going here. I'm 186.4 lbs, 43.1% body fat 99.4 lb Muscle mass and 41.6% Body water (whatever that means) but it looks like I'm terrible shape and a health risk :(

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my 2 hour walk, then I relaxed with Demi with a cappuccino made with almond milk. That should add some calories. Demi is so happy that I'm not doing my hour of stretching at night. He hated that! He would stand behind me and cry so that I couldn't stretch out my legs, or lay behind me. If I tried to pick him up and move him, he would do the bicycle moves with his legs and try to knife me. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.