The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went on a short 30 min walk yesterday during work hours and did pilates after (wow for me lol).

And yeah the weather today was bad! It had been kinda muggy all week so we were shocked when we went to walk outside to pick up our food. I said NO WAY I need my jacket. So we went back up to get our jackets. And then we started walking and realized the wind was crazy. So we went back in to get into the car and pick up our food across the street LOL.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Walked for 90 minutes in the mud and snow on Thursday, then did 30 minutes of yoga. Friday was errands day, so I only had time for about 40 minutes yoga in between the grocery and laundry run. There's always so much cleaning to do after a few wet, muddy days, but I finally got the house looking less like a zoo.

:lol:

The snow has gone now and it's starting to feel more like spring. I went for a long walk this afternoon. An older couple in a camper van stopped and asked if I was OK. They looked kind of shocked when I told them I live here and I didn't need a ride back to civilization. It was sweet of them to stop and ask though.

:touched:

I finish work in an hour, so I'll do some more yoga then.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! It was warm enough to go on my walk today! I went from 3pm to 5pm. The sun felt so good on my face. It started to get a bit chilly around 4pm, so I will try to get out an hour earlier tomorrow. I didn't wear a mask. There was a cop parked outside near the state forest, but he didn't say anything to me. I don't know if the mask thing is mandatory or not, but there was nobody out walking but me.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
2 hours of yard work and then 30 minutes yoga yesterday. kittyluv387 kittyluv387 your dog poo story reminded me of doing my least favourite outdoor job of the year, raking all the cat poo out from under the deck.

:cringe:

They use under the deck as a giant litter box all winter, but hopefully they'll stop now the snow has all gone.

One hour of yoga today. I worked on arm balances and back bends, my two favourite things.

:hyper:

M maggiedemi I think as long as you don't come into contact with anyone else you should be safe walking? I don't wear a mask when I walk either, but there aren't any people around here.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Went for an hour long walk in the concrete jungle. Kinda unpleasant because there was soooooo much dog poo laying around. And they were so big!
Oh, how disgustingly gross. So far, all the extra people walking in my neighbourhood seem to be picking up after their dogs. Hope it continues.

Speaking of unpleasant, just walking around my own neighbourhood is no longer enjoyable, as on almost every street you run into someone else and have to dart out into the street to keep the 6 foot distance. But,of course, since all the parks are closed, people have to walk somewhere. Think I'll have to start getting up early and going for walks while everyone else is still sleeping.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My husband and I are still doing our daily morning walks—2.5-3 miles for me and 4-5 miles for him. We’re not wearing masks outside (we do for our grocery runs), and when we get close to someone, either we or they move out into the street, a lot more than six feet away. But our streets aren’t public, and we often walk in them in normal times. Maybe one in four is wearing a mask.

It’s forecast to be in the 70s and sunny for several days beginning Wednesday. Can’t wait! ☀

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Almost made it into town today, so about 1.5 miles and then back again. Before my foot arthritis flared up eight years ago I used to be able to walk to town, visit a few antique shops or drop things at the Post Office and walk back. I loved this daily activity and was so sad when I couldn’t do it anymore. But even walking every day now my foot has had no issues and I am just about back at my previous distance.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to take my walk outside today, but that brutal wind is back. It really beat me up and smacked me around! I only lasted one hour and came in with the sniffles. I took the rest of my walk inside for the second hour.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay... so bored people will find ways to fill their time, and unfortunately most of my friends are gamers...
So for the last couple days, we've been engrossed in a new D&D campaign... which means no exercise.

Hoping to make up for it tomorrow.

(at least the online version means I can have my healthy snacks at home, not a bunch of potato chips and Doritos at someone else's house)

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
On one of my bike rides recently, I found a wall that can be used for hitting/kicking a ball against. There were already a couple of guys there the last time I rode past it, but I might take a ball out tonight and see if I can't get some kicking/striking practice in. Maybe people are getting over their "the weather is so nice!" hysteria, and since it will be Tuesday night, maybe they won't be out so late (around 10-10:30 is when I would go). Then again, it's supposed to be a super moon tonight, so who knows what kind of loonies will be out.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I headed out for my walk just after 9:00 this morning, and there were a lot less people around. Some, but not on every street. I overdressed though, so by the time I got back home, I was sweating! After I cooled off, I took my car for a drive, as it hadn't been started for about a week. Both walk and drive were about 25 minutes, so we both got a half decent workout.
:walk: 🚗

Status
Not open for further replies.