The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Here are my stats from the treadmill this morning. My goal is a minimum of two miles in 30 minutes or less with 230 or more calories burned. (I wonder how many calories that tiramisu I ate last night had? :) )
82CB3998-222B-4780-A54C-C606CC1666C6.jpeg
IfI did the calculation correctly, that’s just under 4.2 mph.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've been taking things a little bit easier than usual because my cold was making me feel grotty. I didn't do anything on Saturday. Sunday I did an hour of yoga. Monday 90 minutes walk and then about 30 minutes stretching.

I did 90 minutes of yoga today. I'm tempted to go for a walk, but it's very cold out. Maybe it would be better to skip it.

Tobermory Tobermory does 30 minutes of walking really burn 230 calories or more!? That's impressive.
Maybe I should go for a walk after all.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
does 30 minutes of walking really burn 230 calories or more!?
It depends! It’s not only how fast you walk but also the pitch or slope. I set the machine for a 4:3 interval, alternating four minutes at a steeper pitch and three minutes on the level or a slight rise. If I did 30 minutes on the level, I’d have to walk faster than a 14.36 minute mile to burn 230 calories (or walk farther).

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I really want to do some walking....I used to not too long ago...But ive developed a heel spur in my left heel...So that limits me somewhat...But ive ordered me some inserts for my shoes that is for heel spurs and plantar filitis....or whatever the other word is for foot problems...;):hellocomputer::)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I got one mile of walking in today and my left foot feels OK. I'll keep it at a mile this week and see how things go.

I gave Rick my Fitbit Blaze. Well, the man is going to town with floors! He's doing a lot of walking outside now and our elevation is such that he's getting almost 50 floors every day. I'm jealous. (Ever since I got hit that time, I've been afraid to walk outside around here. But I may have to try it again; if I go with him, it wouldn't be so bad.) He's been working on the Hill from Hell now, trying to build up his stamina to do our 4.2-mile loop, which is nothing but hills and grades. We used to walk it almost every day.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It was colder outside than it looked, but I did manage just under 20 minutes. So better than nothing, I guess.

Winchester Winchester : you got hit by a car? :eek3: No wonder you're nervous walking outside.

I've got sidewalks in my neighbourhood, but still have a busy road that I tend to avoid, even though it has crosswalks. But if I want to eventually tackle the steep hill, I'll need to cross it. But I also need to work up my stamina, before I'm ready for it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't posted in this thread for a while, but I have been exercising. Last week I did yoga every day but I only had time for one long walk. My schedule has been a bit hectic ever since all the schools in Japan closed, lots of parents have signed their kids up for online classes so they have something to occupy them.

Today I did 90 minutes of yoga and a 90 minute walk.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh no! Our exercise thread was two pages back from the front of The Lounge!

:eek2:

How's everyone been doing this week? I did 90 minutes of yoga and a 90 minute walk on Friday. I didn't have time for much except 30 minutes of yoga yesterday and today.

It's snowing here now, I think tomorrow's exercise might start with some snow shoveling.

:coldcat:

Status
Not open for further replies.