The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
What a fantastic looking walk!
Yes, it was a good one! There are lots of nice walks around here, but they all involve some serious hill climbing.
:lol:
My friend told me to massage my sore leg with a rolling pin.
Have you tried doing low lunges to warm up before you start your walk?

1582078098204.png

You can do them with your hands on the ground, or come down onto your forearms if you want a deeper stretch. It's a great way to release tension in your lower back and back of your leg. Remember to take deep, slow breaths as you hold it.

One hour of yoga on Monday and Tuesday. Heading out for another walk soon.

:walk:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
M maggiedemi Not sure what's going on with your leg, but best to see a doctor. I hope you feel better!

My left foot has been really aching, so I stopped walking late last week. Thought if I'd take a few days off, the swelling would go down and it would stop hurting. The swelling has gone down and the foot doesn't hurt nearly as badly. I'm only walking now to do normal stuff (housework, grocery shopping, etc.). I'm going to let it go for the rest of the week and try to start walking on Sunday, maybe just a mile or so, and see what happens.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My first full hour long workout in the last week and a half. I am always amazed how stiff I get if I don’t do weights for a few days and how good finding the stiff muscles and working them out feels. The shoe tag stayed inside my laces as I hoped it would and I wasn’t able to feel it at all.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I miss my Fitbit. :( Not that it was really motivating me to exercise, But now I can't even track my pathetic number of steps a day. Guess I better pick out a replacement strap and order it.

Have you guys that owned Fitbits ever had a strap break?

Oh... about exercise, it's cold today, so I went to the mall and walked around for a bit. :walk:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I miss my Fitbit. :( Not that it was really motivating me to exercise, But now I can't even track my pathetic number of steps a day. Guess I better pick out a replacement strap and order it.

Have you guys that owned Fitbits ever had a strap break?

Oh... about exercise, it's cold today, so I went to the mall and walked around for a bit. :walk:
I haven’t but my son has had a Fitbit and I recall him complaining about the broken bands. I think he got a replacement a couple times from the company and then he switched to an Apple Watch. I would check on eBay for replacement bands. As long as they break often better to go with cheap Chinese ones.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I definitely have a cold, but it's not so bad. I had a hot bath before I went to bed on Thursday night and I think I managed to sweat most of it out.

One hour of yoga and a one hour walk on Friday. Just a hour of yoga today. Here's a motivational picture of Mr Husband and his friend climbing something steep and dangerous.

LDXF4921.JPEG

VKZH2879.JPEG

It's motivating me to have another cup of tea and sit a bit closer to the heater.

:lol:

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did my 3rd session of pilates this week! I was just thinking that I can take my bf's extra thin yoga mat with me on my work trips! I know how to pack light so I can fit it in my carry on no prob. That way my work trips won't be so...disruptive for my progress and lifestyle!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
After being off the foot as much as I could, I walked a mile this morning. About 500 steps in, it started to hurt. Not bad, but enough to tell me it's there. Did my mile and sat down at the computer. It's already feeling better since I sat down. I think a mile at a time for a while.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How long does it take to walk a mile? Did you ever time it?
Funny you should ask, as I was just doing the calculations using Google maps and an online pace calculator, for the walk I did this morning. I walked 2.2 KM today (1.36 miles) and it took me 24 minutes, which roughly worked out to 3.25 MPH. :walk:

Status
Not open for further replies.