The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
still doing 25 minutes of cycling on my lunch..shoveled snow several times too...

and yes I too have had food come back up if I exercise really hard=nothing like that burning and coughing...one day I ate a huge lunch at 11:00 and was working out really hard on my bike outside and yep it came up-so I have to be careful not to stuff myself at least 3 hours before my workout. Totally understand!!!

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
still doing 25 minutes of cycling on my lunch..shoveled snow several times too...

and yes I too have had food come back up if I exercise really hard=nothing like that burning and coughing...one day I ate a huge lunch at 11:00 and was working out really hard on my bike outside and yep it came up-so I have to be careful not to stuff myself at least 3 hours before my workout. Totally understand!!!
Yess. With all that twisting and turning in pilates..just can't be "full" at all. And I just wanted the rest of my burrito right then and there lol.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did 30 min of pilates. Did the 2nd video. I suck at it again! Gonna keep doing it though. I think I need a thinner mat. I thought since we have laminate floor thicker would be better. But the 1 inch matt is just too thick and uncomfortable when I plank. My hands just sink in and it doesn't feel stable or comfortable.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Just thought I would mention my identification idea if you are a outdoors exerciser or gym attendee. I realized a few weeks ago that if I had a medical emergency while working out there would be no way to identify me since I use a combination lock and don’t carry anything with me while working out. My workout clothes sometimes change, I wouldn’t remember a bracelet or pendant, but my shoes are always the same.
So I just ordered a “pet” tag with my name, birthdate and emergency contact on it. When it arrives I am going to clip it on to my gym shoes.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I went for another long walk on Friday. We climbed up a mountain called Takazasu. It started off quite gently, looking up from the bottom I thought we'd easily get up and back in two hours.
Walks293_R.jpg

It started to get a lot steeper once we were out of the woods.
Walks294_R.jpg

There were ropes to pull yourself up near the top. I really needed them!
Walks295_R.jpg

View from the top.
Walks296_R.jpg
Walks297_R.jpg

Some nice dried out flowers and seeds
Walks298_R.jpg
Walks299_R.jpg

So after that I just did 30 minutes stretching on Friday evening.

90 minutes of yoga on Saturday.

1 hour walk and 45 minutes yoga today

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I added some leg lifts to my routine to try to help fix my right leg. I stand, hold on to the back of my computer chair, and lift my leg out behind me. I hope this pain goes away before March 17th or my doc will probably want an x-ray. It's just the back of my right leg. The upper part and right behind my knee. :(

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The band on my Fitbit Charge 2 broke today, and not sure where to get a new one. There's some on Amazon with good reviews, but I don't think they're made by Fitbit, not that it probably matters, as Google informed me that Fitbit bands breaking is a common thing. :(

As for exercise, I went for a 25 minute walk yesterday. Also went for a walk today, but it was cold, so only got in 15 minutes before coming back home.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend told me to massage my sore leg with a rolling pin. Maybe that would be a good exercise? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.