The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
(...Just had my blood pressure elevated by a moron, does that count?)

Anyway, with an on one day/off the next schedule, I did some leg/knee work with a little weight lifting, then a mile on the treadmill, and got on the tennis courts. Today is an off day :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama how is your hand?
You mean my grip? No change. Course I haven't actually done anything to make a difference. :paperbag:

I was checking out the Shoe Company for boot sales yesterday. Not much left. I did see a pair of Merrell hiking boots on sale, but didn't love the fit, so passed on them. I'll probably wait now till the new stock comes out in the fall, so I can try several pairs and find the most comfortable one.

It's sunny today, so the groundhog will see his shadow, meaning only 6 more weeks of winter! And, yes, in theory him seeing his shadow is a bad thing, but in Canada if spring really started in the middle of March, we'd be elated. :lol:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Sunday - 10,284 steps = 5.36 miles
Monday - we spent the day working outside. 15,503 steps = 8.04 miles

Walked 2 miles this morning. According to my Fitbit, they weren't even good miles, a lot of only moderate walking. I needed to step up the pace this morning and didn't.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Do not try a plank immediately after eating a plate of French toast.
I've been doing a lot of planking this week. Straight arm plank, dolphin plank, side plank, tree plank. I figure walking around in the snow works my legs and staying upright when it's slippery works my core, so I only need to focus on strengthening my arms, right?

:thumbsup:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I took the kids on a nice walk today. Or maybe I should say the kids and I took DH on our new favorite walk. A tree came down in last week's storm and blocked the path so we didn't get as far as we wanted. There are just too many thorny vines in the woods to go around it. I hope someone will clear it. It felt good to get outside in the fresh air. I'm *this* close to my steps goal for the day; but I don't know if I want to pace the kitchen just to make it. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.