The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
There is a lot of green growth happening already
That's early! We've still got snow and rock hard frozen earth.
I did the 1st video as usual and went onto the new 2nd video and gosh that was embarrassingly difficult for me lol. Looking forward to improving the 2nd part!
It's going to be nice when you can do it easily. :thumbsup:

Just 30 minutes yoga today. Here are some pictures from yesterday's walk.

Nice flat trail at the start of the walk
Walks280_R.JPG

The trees that grow on the lava flow can't sink their roots into the ground, so they grow all twisty on the surface like this.
Walks281_R.JPG

Big scary hole that we did not climb down into.
Walks282_R.JPG
Walks283_R.JPG

The edge of the lava flow. It looks like a completely different forest. Beech trees, instead of hinoki trees, matsu trees and moss everywhere.
Walks284_R.JPG

Beech trees.
Walks285_R.JPG

Giant old beech tree that must pre-date the Jogon eruption.
Walks286_R.JPG

Looking up at the same tree.
Walks287_R.JPG

It was a nice place for a weary hiker to rest.
Walks288_R.JPG

Some berries and fungus.
Walks289_R.JPG
Walks290_R.JPG
Walks291_R.JPG

Another giant beech tree.
Walks292_R.JPG

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks rubysmama rubysmama Yes, I'm lucky to live right in the middle of such nice countryside.

I did 30 minutes of yoga and 30 minutes shoveling snow on Saturday, 45 minutes yoga on Sunday. We were supposed to get heavy snow again today, so I decided to go for an early walk. I had all the cats fed, the house cleaned, drank my coffee and did my 90 minute walk before 12 o'clock today.

:thud:

I think the only reason I didn't burst into flames going outside that early was because it's cloudy today and you can't actually see the sun. 1 hour of yoga when I got home, to work out all the knots.

The snow's coming down pretty hard now, I think it's going to be shoveling again tomorrow.

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Tuesday - 14,146 steps for the day
Wednesday - 13,349 steps for the day

Walked 3 miles this morning

Rick finally found my old Fitbit Blaze in the mess on his desk. I set it up for an account for him and he's wearing it. We're on like a family Fitbit plan now. He said he'd probably use the elliptical in the bedroom. I like using the treadmill in the basement, but he does not. We each have our own favorite piece of equipment.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I have been riding for 25 to 28 minutes each day during the week on the new spinning bike. I really like it...I have been able to pedal standing up finally-and need to invent a bike seat that is controlled by hydraulics so I can pull a lever to move the seat down and back so it doesn't goose me in the bum when I am standing up-the crazy things I think about :flail:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I went for a long walk yesterday. It was my usual 90 minute route, but there's so much snow around it took nearly two hours. Going up hill in knee-deep snow must be great for your glutes, as well as good cardio vascular exercise.

I didn't feel the need for anything too strenuous after that, so I just did 30 minutes of yin yoga.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did my 3rd pilates session for the week last night. I won't be able to do any because I'll be on a work trip until Wed night. But I'll be doing some sightseeing when I can so I'll be walking more (and eating more!).

Status
Not open for further replies.