The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've had a few days off walking because my boots need to dry out. It's raining today, so I guess the snow will all be gone soon.

90 minutes of yoga yesterday. I'm planning at least another hour of yoga between classes today.

Keep going everyone!

:runningcat::runningcat::runningcat::runningcat::runningcat::runningcat::runningcat:

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry...got a late start this week. 20 min of pilates. I realize I need to do pilates before I eat dinner, or else I risk not doing them at all. It doesn't feel good to do pilates on a full stomach!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have never been able to do many pushups. Even with using the bowflex for months I never really got to increase the resistance for some of the exercises like the Fly something or other they called it I think.

I did kick my own booty on the elliptical today though. I have been walking most days but not getting to do the elliptical as well. I always read on the elliptical and that helps. At first today I was frustrated I'd only been on 10 minutes and it felt like 20. I kept going and suddenly I'd gone nearly over a mile past my goal. :flail: And who knows how long past my time goal. Oh well. I feel good. :yess:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Temperatures are a bit warmer today and ice was melting off the sidewalks, so I went for a short walk. Still need to get more comfortable winter walking footwear. 🥾 Better check soon, as sandals will be on the shelves before we know it. 👡

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've been in some kind of incredible Go-Mode these past weeks. Heh, not this week lol but I have found when I get back to it after taking a break like this I'm oftentimes stronger --or at least it feels that way :), and am definitely fresher mentally.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I wear sandals when I take my walk. That's probably a bad idea, isn't it? I have sneakers, but I never bother putting them on.
If you're walking a lot, you want something that gives your foot support, or you might end up with achy feet. :(

So if they're a type of hiking sandal, that's probably fine. But if plastic flip flops, not so much. :ohwell:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I’ve worked myself up to a 15-minute mile on the treadmill with a 4-3 interval: alternating four minutes at a three percent incline and three minutes set at zero. Once I reach two miles, I switch over to the strength machines until The Spouse finishes his work on the treadmill. I don’t mind most of them, but the butterfly machine is killing me. I’m determined to stick with it, though!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I did about 75 minutes of yoga yesterday, then went for a walk in the rain, even though I told myself I wasn't going to do it. I get a headache if I stay in the house all day. Plus there's no point letting my boots dry out completely and then getting them wet again, right? May as well go for a walk in the rain in damp boots.

Today I went for a longer hike over the Jogan lava flow, then up one of the smaller mountains. It was really interesting to see how different the new part of the forest, that had grown over the lava flow, was to the older part, growing in soil. Pictures to come.

2 hour hike and then 30 minutes yoga today.

opithecat

Cat Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
way to gooo.
I have never been able to do many pushups. Even with using the bowflex for months I never really got to increase the resistance for some of the exercises like the Fly something or other they called it I think.

I did kick my own booty on the elliptical today though. I have been walking most days but not getting to do the elliptical as well. I always read on the elliptical and that helps. At first today I was frustrated I'd only been on 10 minutes and it felt like 20. I kept going and suddenly I'd gone nearly over a mile past my goal. :flail: And who knows how long past my time goal. Oh well. I feel good. :yess:
:yess::crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.