The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Lol, the tennis ball smilie looks fine on my device.

My backpack was all packed and we were ready to roll out of bed, hop in the "glamper" and go yesterday morning but PG&E shut off everybody's power. I think what I'm trying to say is that I flaked off for no good reason because I was in a whiny little funk about "new normals" that I can't change.

Why, exactly, couldn't I go hiking?

Because my car had a dead battery and I couldn't plug it into my wall. What was preventing me from standing outside with my hood up, jumper cables in my hand, and a smile on my face?

Because I was worried about the food in my freezer. So what was preventing me from worrying about the food in my freezer while standing in front of my car with the hood up, jumper cables in my hand, and a smile on my face? Worrying doesn't accomplish a darned thing and is not something that one needs to be in a specific place to do.

My back is feeling better anyway. The house looks like crap but the fur babies are enjoying their DIY indoor gymnasium anyway.

And here I am whining at a bunch of Canadians and Minnesotans who are dealing with snow.

:lol: :flail: :lol: :hugs:

/ dork

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did my 3rd 20 min pilates session of the week. Thought I'd better get it in because I'm going out tonight and drinks will be involved so I may not feel up to it tomorrow!

When I first started this it felt really uncomfortable to just lay flat on my back on a firmer surface than the bed. Now it's fine!

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I've spent the last few days making food for the furmonsters. It takes me 3 hrs to grind and package a 10lb batch (I dismantle, clean, and reassemble the grinder between each batch). I can manage 2 batches a day: 4 down, 4 to go.

Standing in the kitchen for those kinds of hours really gets to my knees and back.

So, today I'm in for my weight training, and my knees and back are snap, crackle, and poppin' like crazy.
So what does my trainer make me do at the end of it all?... plank.
This is how I know he loves me.
I made it to 1:48 min.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
I took the furkids for a walk in town for a couple of hours yesterday anyway. There used to be a mailbox much closer than that, but I had to mail some letters so the car has to wait another day. It should be fine. It's old, so I'll just get another battery even if there's something wrong with the electrical system that's making them wear out too fast.

I really need to get a grinder, or at least a dedicated blender for my kids. I like the chunks for dental health, but we're using EZComplete so it's a big deal if the supplements wind up getting left in the bowl and washed down the drain instead of in the kitten's tummy where they belong.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not the best gym day I have had. Everything was stiff and muscles complained about every stretch and use. Maybe the weather, maybe yesterday’s snow blowing, I don’t know. I just went a little slower and lighter on weights but was happy to be done.
We all have off days. No worries!

furmonster mom furmonster mom You make 80 pounds of food?! Why so many batches? Do you have a lot of cats on raw?? I make 3 batches of 20 pounds and I thought that was a lot.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to get busier. All I do is my 2 hour walk, but then kind of lazy the rest of the day, plus I'm drinking those sugary cappuccinos. I'll try to do more work around the house this coming week.
You might want to switch up your routine. Maybe spend an hour walking and an hour housecleaning or organizing. Cleaning or bending to move things can give you some good stretches in both arms and legs.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I think I'd have to go to bed after shoveling snow for 30 min!
Yep, it's a good way to warm up on a snowy morning.

;)

I worked 10 hours in total on Sunday, as it's the busy day for both of the school I work for. After that I did a 45 minute power yoga flow, had a hot bath and went to bed.

:sleepycat:

The sun came out today. It looks lovely with all this fresh snow around. I walked for about two hours, then did 40 minutes of yoga this evening.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Heavy duty hiking boots with chain spikes on the bottom at this time of year.
:cold:

But it will be great for your core.

Nice to see you on back on this thread Foxxycat. How's your foot these days?

:noway:
Impossible here, even in the summer. Too many sharp rocks around.

Two 45 minute yoga sessions and a 1 hour walk on Thursday. I went out for lunch with some friends on Friday. Vegetarian coconut curry and ice-cream with caramel sauce for dessert.

:eek:

I walked back to my bus stop from the restaurant, which took an hour, then did an hour of yoga when I got home. Hopefully that burnt off all the sugar.
Funny thing-I think I have Gout. I quit eating chicken and the burning pain went away. I am limited to carbs and veggies and beans..but meat really makes it flair. I bought a chicken for lunch this week-it's been 3 months since I have eaten chicken/meat other than 2 or 3 times a week-but these insoles from amazon seems to be ok-the ones from that doctor already worn down and I don't want to deal with them. So many quacks out there for doctors. I also only wear my hiking steel toe boots and I don't bother with sneakers anymore or I run around the house barefoot.

Got 28 minutes on the bike today- 14 kilometers and 200 calories. I stood up and pedaled 3 times..makes my thighs burn-building it back up. We got snow Sat night so I am really missing the warmer weather.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Funny thing-I think I have Gout.
:noway: Wow, but if it's something that can be controlled with a change of diet that's better than needing surgery, right?
I am really missing the warmer weather
Me too. We got snow over the weekend, and then it went below freezing again.
Not me. I love winter!

Another long walk in the soft, squeaky snow this morning, then an hour of yoga. I did core strengthening and hip openers today.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Monday - 13,658 steps for the day
Yesterday (Tuesday) - 11.368 steps for the day

Walked 2 miles this morning (but I needed coffee first today)

foxxycat foxxycat , Rick's dad had gout and he was on a med for it, but Rick doesn't remember what it was. He had to watch what he ate, too. It was in two fingers of his right hand and also in his toe on her right foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.