The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Went over to the tennis courts today, somebody was already using the one practice board, and as I sat there in my car debating about waiting, I saw him throwing his arms in frustration since the tennis ball kept rolling through the half of the court still covered in melting snow lol

I decided it was just as well, I'm a little sore from yesterday :)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Went over to the tennis courts today, somebody was already using the one practice board, and as I sat there in my car debating about waiting, I saw him throwing his arms in frustration since the tennis ball kept rolling through the half of the court still covered in melting snow lol
:flail:

Tennis is a summer sport for a very good reason!

Mr Husband goes snowboarding every weekend. We live so close to the ski slope I can hear the music they play every time I step outside, so he gets a weekend night pass every season. Yesterday he fell over and has a huge blue bruise on his butt to show for it. That's what happens when it hasn't snowed for a few days and all the snow turns to ice. It's like landing on concrete.

I did 45 minutes yoga and a 90 minute walk yesterday. Did not fall down.

:yess:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday (Saturday) - 11,075 steps. Not bad for taking an off day. In the afternoon, Rick went out to the shed. I cranked the music and started walking. Felt that I needed to get some walking in.

Today is the start of a new week for me (Fitbit-wise). I didn't walk this morning, but will try to get some steps in later on.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Weight training yesterday.

I actually had to reschedule my regular time in the morning to a later time. So glad my trainer is flexible that way.

At the end, he asked me if I noticed a difference between how I felt in the morning vs the evening. I confirmed that I definitely felt more energetic with the later workouts.

He thinks that's because usually my calorie count in the morning is around 250, whereas by the evening, I've consumed up to at least 650+ calories (before dinner). So my body is more fueled in the evenings as opposed to the mornings.

I just say, I'm not a morning person. :thud:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
furmonster mom furmonster mom I have noticed a difference in myself that way. I'm trying to plan out my meals a little smarter. I want to walk in the mornings with my kids to get some fresh air and sunshine. But I don't know when I want to put the rest of my workout in. I enjoy my weight training enough that I can get into it even if I'm tired. But the cardio is more affected by when I've last eaten. Sometimes I do better if I haven't eaten though. So I think it might really depend on WHAT I've had for breakfast. Last year I mostly worked out after school; but school is taking longer this year. Sometimes I go right from school work to dinner prep. I guess it might just take some more trial and error here.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I join in on this even though I haven't started? Lol. I'm turning 33 this year and last year didn't end so great for me health wise ever since I got back from Australia in October. I even got rear ended in my car in December and sprained my wrist among other things. What I really need to do is sleep more. Everything else goes haywire if I don't have enough sleep (why am I up now at 1am haha). You can't tell by looking at me but I have knee problems (chondro malacia). So a lot of things are out for me, like running, squats and etc. My left rotator cuff has always been a problem too so swimming has been out for a while sigh. Sometimes I wonder why I even try and maybe I should just give up! Being in Dallas everything is so flat too you can't really go on trails for an actual work out. Concrete jungle literally. So I envy all those who have some trails with a little bit of incline!

But I've never been one to just give up! I do still wanna start walking these flat lands to get my fitness level up a little more. If you look at me yeah I'm skinny but skinny flab is a real thing! And it's not attractive. I want to tone up more and get some shape to my body. I bought a one inch thick mat off Amazon the other day so I can try out some pilates at home. In addition to that I do have access to the gym, although it's not conveniently close to me. But has a pool and ellipticals. So more walking, pilates and back to the gym for me I hope.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
But I bet I gain it all back today. I had 5 cappuccinos!
5! Wow, if I drank that many I'd burn all the calories off by twitching and fidgeting for the next 12 hours.
:lol:
I just say, I'm not a morning person.
Me neither. All my exercise is done after noon.
Can I join in on this even though I haven't started?
Of course! Everyone is welcome.
I did 45 minutes yoga and another 90 minute walk in the snow today.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I shoveled a bit of snow yesterday. ❄ Wasn't thrilled about the actual snow, but it was 30+ minutes of exercise, which I guess is a good thing. ;)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I join in on this even though I haven't started?
Sure. Talking about it & making plans is a big part of the process. :thumbsup:

5! Wow, if I drank that many I'd burn all the calories off by twitching and fidgeting for the next 12 hours.
I was bouncing off the walls. The scale still says 142, so I must have burned it all off. It's a canister of cappuccino powder, so I can make as many as I want. I need to limit it to one or two. :lol:

I end up taking my walk inside from around 3pm to 5pm. After I have eaten lunch and done the dishes. I'm not sure what time I will do it when the weather warms up in the spring, because I'll be walking outside.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I definitely need to be more active.
I’ve done 2 stretching videos and one cycling video.
2 years ago I bought a peleton for my birthday.
Never use it much.
When I do I feel great!
So far this year I haven’t done much
A lot of disappointing things happen to me so far
So I take exercise as an antidepressant
It works when I take it

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday (Sunday) - not too well. I ended up with just under 6,000 steps (about 3 miles) and much of that was just through taking down tree decorations, vacuuming, etc.

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Kudos on the Fitbit! Which one did you buy? I have the Charge 3. I had a Blaze and Rick said he'd like to start wearing it now.
kittyluv387 kittyluv387 Welcome!

Walked 3 miles this morning.

I pretty much need to get my walking in in the morning because, otherwise, there's a good chance I won't get it done throughout the day. I get busy with other stuff and don't do it.

Dario the GreyCat

Owned by Dario since 10/09/2019
Adult Cat
Purraise
I started riding again, my horse is a retired racehorse so he’s learning the ropes of being a riding horse. Three days so far; I’ve ridden him every other day.
Started doing my hand weights again and my thigh exercises to strength them and straighten out my knee issues.
Reached 11,000 steps two days in a row, going for three today.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
carbing up on my lunch in anticipation of a run/walk on the treadmill

The other day, I warmed up for my weight session on the eliptical. It did not want to read my heartrate. In fact, most of the heartrate plates on my trainers machines don't like to read me. It's become a running joke. His machines don't like me (I don't have a problem with machines in other gyms).

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I started riding again, my horse is a retired racehorse so he’s learning the ropes of being a riding horse. Three days so far; I’ve ridden him every other day.
Oh, nice! I'd love to see some pictures of him. I ride too, but the horses I ride are Japanese native breeds, Kisouma and Dosanko. Very good for the weather and countryside in these parts.

Horses15.JPG
Horses94.jpg
Horses57.jpg

I did 90 minutes of yoga today, worked on arm balances and inversions. After that I walked for an hour. I didn't really feel like going as it was starting to snow, but I know I won't have time for a walk tomorrow. I soon warmed up after climbing the first hill.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Aahh, the sound of a fluffy dry tennis ball smacking the board and the court lol. Got an hour in, then did some treadmill time. I'm trying to get in shape for some cross-country skiing.

Status
Not open for further replies.