The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not exercising today; but I did just order thermals, winter boots and wool socks for my kids and I. :lol: I've been thinking for a while that we all need to go for a walk daily. We have trails all around us. And the weather shouldn't stop us. :smash: Kohls had 20% off today and free shipping if you spend enough (which is why I bought DD and I wool socks). I found good boots on Amazon. I had a gift card from Christmas to help pay for mine. :woo: Now I just need wool socks for DS.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my usual 2 hour walk around the house. I can't wait until the 50 degree weather comes back in March or April, so I can walk outside.
My one little problem NOT an excuse but a problem...I have a heel spur in my left heel...I used to do alot of walking on the walking trail near where I live

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My one little problem NOT an excuse but a problem...I have a heel spur in my left heel...I used to do alot of walking on the walking trail near where I live
An elliptical machine might be really helpful for you. I used to walk a couple miles daily and then developed arthritis in one foot that makes walking distances nearly impossible. But on an elliptical there is almost no stress on your feet and I have no pain.

If anyone is looking for a gym, I think Planet Fitness gyms are awesome, no contract and only $10 a month. This last December is my fourth anniversary of joining and going there three to four times a week.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've been doing lots of long walks in the snow. I've got chain spikes for my boots, which has been a real lifesaver. I'm letting my boots dry out today, but I've just done 90 minutes yoga. I've lost a bit of weight recently, so I found it easier to get into Urdva Dhanurasana (Wheel pose) this time.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday (Thursday): 11,540 steps

Walked 2 miles this morning.

M maggiedemi We have a treadmill in the basement, but Rick has stuff on it from outdoor Christmas decorations and some stuff for the shed. Once we get the basement cleaned up again, I'll be going back downstairs to walk. But meanwhile, I'm walking about the house, too. Steps are steps. I try to keep up a good pace and I walk up and down the steps to the front door and to the basement.

And yes, crank up the music! It really does help. When Rick isn't home, I plug in my iPod and go. I walk in time to music and it gets the heart pumping, too. And it makes the time go faster!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do you guys follow exercise/health related accounts on Instagram? They share some easy moves too. I saw this yesterday on Women's Health magazine's account for example:
I don't, but it sounds interesting. Maybe once I get a bit back into shape from walking, I'll look into it further.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I had weight training on Jan 1.
I wasn't actually sure my trainer would want to work on the first, but he was good for it.
On my way to my session I got pulled over for speeding (was right off the freeway, still in "cruise" mode). Ooops!
Happy New Year?

Got in a run on the treadmill yesterday. I do a .1 mi warmup walk, .5 mile run, .1 mi break, full mile run, .1 break, .5 run, .3 cool down. So I end up with 2 miles of running with just a couple short breaks. I'll be working on going longer and eliminating some of those breaks.

Pilates/Yoga on the schedule today.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I enjoy some weight training more than cardio. DS was fiddling around with the bowflex on me last summer and disassembled the seat connection and i had to get DH to fix it. Our stuff is pretty surrounded at the moment too; but that'll be part of my workout again soon.

My new winter boots just came. So far they feel pretty comfortable. I'll probably add insoles for arch support if i'm going to take walks in them. I ordered a size up but I think I would have been ok in my normal size. Some shoes are tight in 11s. Finding something in a 12 for women is pretty amazing. Once I tightened the laces; they aren't slipping much. So thick socks should do it.

Now; do I buy snow pants? :lol: We don't actually get that much snow here; but it can happen. My Vitamin D has been low; even with supplements. So I think I really do need to focus on outside time.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday (Friday) I ended up with 12,352 steps.
Today is an "off" day for me and I'm not wearing my Fitbit. I probably should since doing housework and laundry will all add steps,

M maggiedemi A lot of it depends on how fast you're walking. But it doesn't matter. You're walking, you're still getting steps and that's what counts. Two hours is a great amount of time to walk! Kudos!

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles When I was walking outside at work, winter was nasty. Til I got bundled up, I swear I looked like the Michelin Man's wife! And I always wore my Yak Trax because I would walk on ice along the sides of the road. I used to walk a lot here at home, but since I got hit that time, I'm really leery. Our road isn't all that wide, people fly up and down the road and they do not slow down for walkers or bicyclists. It can get scary sometimes. Didn't use to bother me, but it does now. But I may try it again, simply because I miss being outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.