The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I did a few this morning and still feel exhausted
Wow, I feel exhausted just looking at it.

The typhoon finally passed. It's weirdly warm and kind of humid here. I've been going on my walks in a t-shirt and thin fleece, but have to strip off the fleece and tie it round my waist after about ten minutes.

Gorgeous pics, as usual. No wonder you enjoy your walks so much. Do you have to drive to those areas, or are they walking distance from home.
That trail is near to Lake Sai, which is about a 15 minute drive from here. There are some lovely walks just outside of my front door though. I know I'm really lucky. When I used to live in a city I'd plan my routes to take me past nice gardens and church yards and around all the parks, then just try to tune out all the traffic and concrete in between.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I used to live in a city I'd plan my routes to take me past nice gardens and church yards and around all the parks, then just try to tune out all the traffic and concrete
Sounds like heaven to me! I'm a city girl trapped out in the country. Took my 2 hour walk inside today. Probably will do that until April or whenever it warms up again.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Went for a walk this morning and then came home to trim my 120 foot hedge. Even with a hedge trimmer it is a big job but unfortunately since I skipped trimming last fall it was so overgrown I couldn’t get the trimmer through It. So I spent four hours with a limb lopper trimming it down branch by branch from seven feet high to four feet high. Despite a hot bath afterwards my arms feel like they weigh an extra ten pounds each. Going to be sore tomorrow for sure.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ouch! When I overdo it with gardening I go ahead and take a dose of ibuprofen before bed. I’ve found I rest better and then I’m not so sore the next day.

I squeezed in the elliptical yesterday and today. And I do mean squeezed. School has been taking a lot of time with both kids needing attention. House stuff too. The guilt is real here.

The good news is that I’ve been paying attention to my stance and my big toes haven’t gone numb. They almost did today but with correcting that it didn’t get there. I did feel like I needed to crack them a few times. But it was better.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried taking my walk outside today, but at 60 degrees, it's still too cold for me, so took my 2 hour walk inside. It seems much colder this year, but maybe it's because I had a lot more body fat last October? 180 pounds down to 115 pounds is a huge difference. Maybe all that body fat kept me warm.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried taking my walk outside today, but at 60 degrees, it's still too cold for me, so took my 2 hour walk inside. It seems much colder this year, but maybe it's because I had a lot more body fat last October? 180 pounds down to 115 pounds is a huge difference. Maybe all that body fat kept me warm.
I have a manual treadmil. So glad I got it. It folds up and runs on batteries so no cords

What else did you do to lose weight That is a big accomplishment. I weigh 150

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
The Target link didn't work for me, it said that order is not associated with my account, so it wouldn't let me see it.
I just edited it and posted a site that should work

Just my 2 hour walks everyday and I went vegetarian. It took a year. My doctor wants me to gain 10 pounds back because I'm tall, 5'9, she says I should be at 125.
The one I have would not be long enough for you. I just fit in it. It locks in place well

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Lets see a pict. of the tools and carpentry project...
Sure, here you go. I've been making a weatherproof feeding station for this guy. He's not feral at all, but he doesn't get on with my cats so I can't bring him indoors.

His name is Fergus McGinger.
Fergus16.jpg

Concrete block base.
Garden266_R.jpg

Wooden floor.
Garden267_R.jpg

Lean-to roof with a big skylight.
Garden268_R.jpg

It's open at both ends, so he won't get claustrophobic, and it's up against the house so it should keep him dry while he eats.
Garden269_R.jpg

Not finished yet. I need to paint it, but the wood is damp. I'm waiting for a sunny day so I can dry the wood properly, paint it then dig the legs into place.

Hopefully he'll like it.

:crossfingers:

Status
Not open for further replies.