The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Went for a walk this morning. About 25 minutes. Would have walked a bit longer, but the wind still has a chill here too, and my hands got cold.:cold: Also hoping for warmer weather in May. 🏖

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid to speak too soon, but I think my sore right leg is getting better! The other day when I walked on the road, the wind was blowing sand in my eyes. So I started walking up & down the driveway instead. The driveway is at an incline, so kinda like walking uphill. Afterwards I noticed that my leg felt "different".

So I wondered if going uphill would help my leg. I started taking my 2 hour walk everyday on the driveway instead. My leg feels so much better! No idea why this helps, but I'll just keep praying & keep walking.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid to speak too soon, but I think my sore right leg is getting better! The other day when I walked on the road, the wind was blowing sand in my eyes. So I started walking up & down the driveway instead. The driveway is at an incline, so kinda like walking uphill. Afterwards I noticed that my leg felt "different".

So I wondered if going uphill would help my leg. I started taking my 2 hour walk everyday on the driveway instead. My leg feels so much better! No idea why this helps, but I'll just keep praying & keep walking.
So happy for you!! Nice to find something that works.

Walked 3x and pilates once this week. Don't think I'll be able to do anything tomorrow since I'll be spending a few hours making cat food again. Spending 3 Sundays in a row making cat food!! Ugh. It'll be another 3 months before I have to worry about it again though.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Now that the project is all done (Well, there is still some left over timber that I have plans for.....) I've been doing more long walks. One hour of yoga and a one hour walk on Sunday, one hour of yoga and a 90 minute walk on Monday and Tuesday.

May's the best season for walking and the forest is starting to look so pretty.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I took things easy on Wednesday, just a very chilled out yoga session in the morning, then a few hours of painting out in the yard.

Yesterday I walked for 90 minutes and did 30 minutes of yoga.
Today I cleaned the house, did 90 minutes of yoga then spent most of the afternoon in the hammock, admiring the garden and drinking tea.

Cats all very happy that we can have some garden time together.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only was able to take my walk outside for about an hour yesterday, then it started raining on me. I took the last hour of my walk inside. Bummer. Today looks cold and possibly rainy, but we'll see what happens.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Compared to some of you, my managing to walk for 30 minutes straight won't seem like much, but I finally hit the 30 minute mark today, so I need to brag. :) I don't know how you guys manage 90 and 120 minute walks. Even listening to music, I bore quickly.
My goal is to get to 40 to 45 minutes a day, but even if I can keep up with 30 minutes a day, I'll be happy. :walk:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
lotsa more yard work lol, and since my other half got the "relatively speaking short-handled" loppers last year so we don't have to rely just on the smaller pruning shears or the japanese pruning saw for the rose canes (which are well established, quite large these last few years and CRANKY) I didn't get poked by thorns except twice this time so an additional win-win there :thumbsup:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Took my walk in a local park today to help a nearby neighbor who lost keys there. This park has nature trails that run along side the lake for a couple of miles. Really beautiful but it was 37 degrees with a strong wind coming off the lake so even a fast walk couldn’t keep me warm. Didn’t find the keys and went home to a hot bath and a cup of coffee.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm up to 123.8 pounds, so I gained almost 4 pounds by adding the meat substitutes and soy milk. 👍
I hope I can take my walk outside today, but I doubt it, it has been so cold. I think there is a way to make my treadmill go at an uphill incline, maybe I'll try that.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Compared to some of you, my managing to walk for 30 minutes straight won't seem like much, but I finally hit the 30 minute mark today, so I need to brag. :) I don't know how you guys manage 90 and 120 minute walks. Even listening to music, I bore quickly.
30 minutes is great! Every little counts, right? I have really nice scenery and lots of wildlife around here, so going on a walk is always a bit of an adventure.
This park has nature trails that run along side the lake for a couple of miles. Really beautiful but it was 37 degrees with a strong wind coming off the lake so even a fast walk couldn’t keep me warm.
That sounds like a nice place to walk.
I'm up to 123.8 pounds, so I gained almost 4 pounds by adding the meat substitutes and soy milk
Good for you!

:dance:

I did 90 minutes of yoga on Saturday, an hour of yoga and 90 minutes walk today. It's nice and warm here now and that really helps with flexibility. I can do much more ambitious yoga poses in the summer than I can do in the winter.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you!
Thanks! I'm definitely one of those people that has to eat meat substitutes to keep my weight up. I was eating beans, mayo, nuts, seeds, oils, but nothing worked. I want to get some tofu to keep in the freezer, but Aldi doesn't have any. I can get 5 meals out of one block of tofu! I just slice it into 5 sections, then dice up and freeze. Then add to my stir-fries.

I hope I can walk outside today, but it's only 38 degrees. 😭

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have really nice scenery and lots of wildlife around here, so going on a walk is always a bit of an adventure.
We've all seen your gorgeous scenery, so it's totally easy to see how you can walk and walk and walk. For me, it's concrete sidewalks and houses. Not much of an adventure, well except these days dodging other people on the sidewalk. I could drive to a trail somewhere nearby, but then I'd be worried about ticks. I'm not really an outdoorsy person. LOL. I do love my flower gardening, though.
🌻🥀🌹🌷💐

I hope I can walk outside today, but it's only 38 degrees. 😭
Same here. You're actually warmer than us. Right now it's 2C / 36F. :cold:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to take my walk outside today, but the wind was just too cold. I hope it warms up soon. I took my 2 hour walk inside again while listening to my awesome Waylon playlist that my dad made for me.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where is everybody? This is my 3rd post in a row. It was so beautiful outside today! So warm. I did my 2 hour walk up and down the incline of the driveway. It was such a great workout. Going up an incline really works every muscle in your body. This is my favorite exercise that I have ever done. I think my legs and butt are gonna get toned!

Oh, I gained 2 more pounds, so up to 125 pounds, so I'm no longer underweight! All I did differently this week was eat rice and drink 2% milk. Maybe that added some calories.

Status
Not open for further replies.